Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
yes kirby. i could be quite a while before we get the new coaster. Disney also has a BUNCH of BIG things in the works when it picks back up. so when the economy gets better, keep both eyes on disney and expect something big.

yes kirby. i could be quite a while before we get the new coaster. Disney also has a BUNCH of BIG things in the works when it picks back up. so when the economy gets better, keep both eyes on disney and expect something big.

(Universal starts quivering in a dark corner)

Disney, has, bi.....bi....big things in the works?? Uh Oh!:look:

I doubt Universal is quivering in a corner, we all these new additions and refurbs, they're confident they're gonna take a chunk of Disney's business.

When WWOHP opens, I believe WDW and UO will be going toe to toe.

As yates said before, Disney has their hands tied in some type of condo development, so don't expect anything new until that is settled.

True, Yeti. I'm hoping for a big announcement in late May or early June... what's the use of having big things planned if nobody outside of the company knows them?

Again, until there is actual evidence of construction, or a press release from the Mouse..it is a rumor. Not trying to be mean or anything, it's just what it is. A Rumor.
Exactly. Once they put the first shovel to dirt, or first wrecking ball to wall...it's still a rumor. Just because someone told your dad that it was confirmed doesn't mean their plans can't change. But once they start building the attraction, THEN that's pretty much the point of no return. :thumbs:

That rumor has been around for a few years now and I expect it to happen around the same time as Fire Mountain opens for guest at Magic Kingdom.
Fire Mountain? I don't think I've ever heard this rumor. Care to elaborate? :shrug:

Fire Mountain? I don't think I've ever heard this rumor. Care to elaborate? :shrug:

I think it was going to be somewhat like Journey to the Center of the Earth (with it's theme and the fact that it would be a fast ride, I don't think it would have the Test Track ride system like Journey did), except with an Atlantis theme.... the movie didn't do so well, so Disney cancelled whatever plans they had on the ride.

Last edited:
I think it was going to be somewhat like Journey to the Center of the Earth (with it's theme and the fact that it would be a fast ride, I don't think it would have the Test Track ride system), except with an Atlantis theme.... the movie didn't do so well, so Disney cancelled whatever plans they had on the ride.

I'm pretty sure Journey to the Center of the Earth over at DisneySea uses the Test Track technology.

I think it was going to be somewhat like Journey to the Center of the Earth (with it's theme and the fact that it would be a fast ride, I don't think it would have the Test Track ride system), except with an Atlantis theme.... the movie didn't do so well, so Disney cancelled whatever plans they had on the ride.
Aw man...that sounds pretty cool. The videos I've seen of the attraction from Tokyo DisneySea looks incredible! Too bad we can't get anything out here. :'(

He was saying that Fire Mountain wasn't planned to utilize it. Which he is correct on. It was planned to be a morphing roller coaster with a 1st of it's kind sort of train.

From Screamscape:

Rumor - (7/10/09) Honestly I’m not sure what to believe anymore, because the Monster’s Inc. themed coaster project proposed for the Studios park seems to get approved and then put on hold again more times that I can count. Numerous coaster companies and different styles were apparently looked at for proposed ride but the last known coaster style to be locked in was to be a Vekoma Family Inverted style coaster… but with an entirely new restraint system similar to what was installed on the Carolina Cobra at Carowinds this year.

i follow screamscape also, and from what i have heard from them is that disney cleared out a building in Pixar Place next to TSM. They even knew the kind of track they wanted (which briman just posted). And we all know the economy is down, so disney is waiting for a sponser.

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what i heard.

Did I miss something or has this been confirmed as Monsters Inc? Or could it be a different movie?

No, I'm 99% sure this is strictly a Monsters Inc. coaster. Although the idea is great, it's that movies 4th attraction. After the do this ride (cause im pumped) they really have to focus on movies they didn't make rides off of yet.

Are you talking worldwide? The only other Monsters attraction in Disney World is the laugh floor. I know that Toy Story, if you include Astro Blasters at DisneyQuest, has three open attractions at Disney World.

Are you talking worldwide? The only other Monsters attraction in Disney World is the laugh floor. I know that Toy Story, if you include Astro Blasters at DisneyQuest, has three open attractions at Disney World.

I think what Leo is implying is that MI has 2 other attractions in various parks around the globe. 1 in DCA and 1 in TDL (Tokyo Disneyland).