Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True, and as much as we want it we aren't the top seats and Disney and they are the ones making the calls. But I really don't know what franchises Disney wants to build on in the parks that have not been announced. Fantasyland has the princesses covered and it seems that Disney’s biggest success stories have been in Pixar. The franchise I hope that Disney brings the Prince of Persia into the parks. Disney would really be touching a demographic that has not been touched in the Orlando theme parks being gamers. Prince is a great franchise in term of lifespan because fans and the people who bring the series to life love it, which is why since 2003 we have seen the Prince poop up in different respects and medias. It would also bring in teens because being one I know the Prince is an amazing series and could work wonders at a park.

PoP isn't going to be a franchsie, though. The way the movie is severely underperforming at the box office basically guarantees that.

Tron will be the next adult franchise represented in the parks, IMHO.

Tron is already represented, we have the painted Monorail, :lol:

But I agree with you, if they cane make a Tron roller coaster based on the same design and concept as the Pony Express coaster at Knotts Berry Farm but themed to the motorcycles.

That would be awesome to have especially in the Studios. Because it needs more movie based rides in that park.

PoP isn't going to be a franchsie, though. The way the movie is severely underperforming at the box office basically guarantees that.

Tron will be the next adult franchise represented in the parks, IMHO.

The good thing about PoP is it already has a franchise backing it on consoles.
I never saw Tron but I did play the arcade version at DisneyQuest and know about the motocar race. It does seem like a good franchise though. And Vyrus I think the Tron paint has been taken off the monorail. Last time I went to EPCOT there was no Tron on the track only the basic monorail blue.

I would not expect to see an Up sequel either but I really do not want to see a sequel. The story is over and that is that. But I belive the movie is good enough to warrent an attraction with no new movies coming out. Pixar movies are going to be rembered for a long time and be added to classics that people will watch for years.

I disagree. Up is easily the most forgettable of Pixar's movies. People have already forgotten about it. Monster's Inc. would make more sense even without the sequel that's in development.

I LOVE UP!!!

I really hope it gets made into an attraction. Although, if Animal Kingdom were to add a South America Land, it would definitely make sense for the ride to go there.

Great point. 'Up' is one of my favorite movies ever, and I try to think where an Up attraction would fit in, and I never made that connection. That would be perfect. But alas, even though it's the 2nd highest grossing Pixar film and was only the 2nd animated film ever to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, Disney just doesn't show any marketing love for it. Sadly, I don't see them using Up in the parks.

Best way to theme Up into the parks would be to retheme the Characters in Flight balloon to an Up theme. That would be pretty cool.

But when it comes to the Tron monorail I thought it was suppossed to be in operation until the movie comes out in December. That makes no sense to remove it now.

It would be cool if UP were a 3D version of Soarin'. And I disagree about it being the most forgettable, it is currently my second favorite Pixar film. Plus, there is no "forgettable" Pixar film to Lasseter and Disney Parks (a bug's land anyone?).

News on the rumor, from Screamscape:

Good news for the Studios… and the on again / off again Monsters Inc. ride project is said to be back ‘ON’ again, looking to open up around 2014 this time. Don’t look for Disney to make any kind of announcement however until we get closer to November 2012… when Monsters Inc. 2 is going to hit theaters.

I think he's definitely right about one thing --- this won't be confirmed by Disney until it's able to be built into the hype of the sequel's release. Especially since they can work on this out of the public view in the soundstage without anyone being the wiser.

But just as a reminder, to fuel this speculation --- they mysteriously didn't use this "empty" soundstage at Star Wars Weekends for the merch store this past June, opting instead to cram it into the tiny AFI gift shop......

News on the rumor, from Screamscape:

I think he's definitely right about one thing --- this won't be confirmed by Disney until it's able to be built into the hype of the sequel's release. Especially since they can work on this out of the public view in the soundstage without anyone being the wiser.

But just as a reminder, to fuel this speculation --- they mysteriously didn't use this "empty" soundstage at Star Wars Weekends for the merch store this past June, opting instead to cram it into the tiny AFI gift shop......

Thanks for the news! Whoa, opening in 2014?? That's going to take some time... should be interesting. And I agree with you about the announcement being when the sequel is released.

Great news! Hopefully they can stay on track with this and we can finally get the attraction. :thumbs:

They should definitely make this a vertical lift coaster and theme the station to the scream floor (I think that would fit better than the laugh floor). Of course, this is just wishful thinking . . .

But do you think it should be themed to the chase scene with randal, or just a ride on one of the doors?

Last question: Do you think it should/will be as thrilling as: A) Barnstormer? B) Big Thunder? C) Space Mountain? D) Everest?

Do you think it should/will be as thrilling as: A) Barnstormer? B) Big Thunder? C) Space Mountain? D) Everest?

Thrill-wise, I would think somewhere between Barnstormer and Thunder. With the dark elements, it wouldn't need to be very extreme. Just heavily themed and slightly thrill-ish.

With no announcement for 2 years and not expected to open for 4 years, I won't believe it until it is actually open. Disney is so unfocused that don't even build stuff that IS announced. Just look at the Fantasyland expansion. They have already broken ground and they still don't know what they are building.

It's amazing with so much revenue that comes through WDW alone, that there can be so much indecision about adding or rehabbing existing rides...Poor management somehow keeps there high paying cushy jobs. Someone should make a poll about looking back now with this management and its inability to add any real substance if Eisner was really that bad of a leader. Disney Decade ftw.