Ms. Marvel (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Ms. Marvel (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was not a big fan of Episode 5. Especially how it just abruptly ended. I don't care about shorter runtimes as long as that's what feels what for the story. The end of this episode didn't feel like a proper end. It felt like they cut it off because they needed an episode 6 due to Disney+ wanting at least 6 episodes.

It takes me to a quote from the Duffer Brothers who were asked why they didn't split up episode 9 of Stranger Things 4 into multiple episodes. They said "There didn't feel like a natural place to cut for episodes and if the viewer really wants, they can just hit pause anyway".

Of course Netflix doesn't run on a week-to-week model so it's different, but I guess that's a positive of not doing that. There's no feeling like "corporate is making me do x amount of episodes so I have to make a cut here even though running this as a five episode series might feel more natural".

I haven’t seen it yet but agree time should be no problem with these shows

Make them as long or short as needed

Taking Kamala who's Inhuman association is little at best (really only connecting to Lockjaw at best in the comics) to have her be, the first Mutant, publicly seen in the MCU; is a fascinating angle that I want to know what Kevin Feige is smoking. Considering how artistic this show has been, dropping a bombshell as quietly as that, with the musical cue is absolutely unhinged.

Really curious to know more at SDCC of what the Mutant plans are, as Kamala's mutation has now paved the door open for the future.

Also, loved the post credit between Captain Marvel, clearly setting up what is to come for The Marvels of where Kamala is now with the Kree while Carol is back on Earth (and in a new costume once again).

Reactions: Nick
Felt like it was a good rebound finale after two prior lackluster episodes. Still didn’t like the series that much overall, even with the promising pilot.

As for the stinger….

really hoping the X-Men/mutant explanation is constructed well.

Side note - almost positive the reason Feige gave for Kamala’s change of powers is BS. The finale makes it obvious that they still tried to keep her original concept in tact, but used energy powers because it’s easier (and cheaper) to animate and have it look realistic.

I think for me this show feel over a cliff, like it started out so good then its just all this crap that no one cares about and feels generic compared to the first episodes

Like....if we can have people just blasting these powers around then its not unrealistic to have Thomas Edison as a villain over just...."Hey I'm you Ms Marvel, but i use my powers for bad" (like at least Venom looks cool but when like hald the MCU villains are just bad verions of the hero's it gets old after 30 projects)

Like its my fault for reading Ms Marvel first comic's but Thomas Edison would have made such a better villain then these boring "we must get home at any cost..." villains

I think the issue is Kamala annoys me too much and a lot of the development of the character doesn't fit the characters actions. I know she is a teenager and teenagers aren't perfect but for me, they are dumbing down teenagers to a level that is unrealistically stupid.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
First MCU series i've loved from front to back and one of the first to really stick the landing imo. Nice little mid-credits scene too leading into The Marvels and that bomb from Bruno at the very end, too.

I guess I was watching a different show because I loved it. Had a ton of heart and Kamala was such a fun likeable hero. The CG was a bit all over the place in the final episode, but that’s expected with all of these shows.
Yeah, to me I fell in love with Kamala from episode one and they never lost me. They really leaned into her relationship with her parents and I feel like they just nailed that stuff so well and it had a ton of heart.

Last edited:
Also on the big reveal at the end:
As the tweet below says, is it technically a retcon from the comics to call Ms. Marvel the first Mutant in the MCU? Yes. But Marvel only made her an Inhuman in the comics because they didn't own the film rights to the X-Men/Mutants. Inhumans and Mutants are essentially the same thing, Disney just was trying to use the Inhumans as a potential work around before they bought Fox and owned the film rights to mutants.

Mutants are an easier and simplified way for the audience to understand what she is (especially because there's 20 years of X-Men movies under Fox that audiences have seen over the years). Inhumans have a loud, yet small following. Feige obliterated Black Bolt in MoM and has always hated them. It's not surprising he doesn't want them in the MCU.

I guess I was watching a different show because I loved it. Had a ton of heart and Kamala was such a fun likeable hero. The CG was a bit all over the place in the final episode, but that’s expected with all of these shows.
I like the family stuff

Its the villains and diet shield stuff I disliked.

They had an amazing first villain from the comics and choose to ignore him for generic villains....just next time i want them to focus on normal school stuff and a villain that matches the tone of the show better, not every villain threat has to be to destroy the world.

I think for me this show feel over a cliff, like it started out so good then its just all this crap that no one cares about and feels generic compared to the first episodes

Like....if we can have people just blasting these powers around then its not unrealistic to have Thomas Edison as a villain over just...."Hey I'm you Ms Marvel, but i use my powers for bad" (like at least Venom looks cool but when like hald the MCU villains are just bad verions of the hero's it gets old after 30 projects)

Like its my fault for reading Ms Marvel first comic's but Thomas Edison would have made such a better villain then these boring "we must get home at any cost..." villains

BINGO. At this point in the MCU we’ve got talking raccoons, alligator Norse gods, and multiversal madness. So why these boring villains with little personality and poor motives?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
so......the family is lovable and charming, basically the best part of the show, along with her two friends in school, very charming, very nice.
i Actually loved the main actress, to me personally, she was more likable and charming and enjoyable to watch than Captain Marvel was in her movie.
Ms Marvel was funny and she was silly at times but had so much heart and enthusiasm,

but, the villains were A w f u l..... the government people were terrible too.... very very awful. the show gets dull. very boring episodes. the very little action it had was underwhelming. it gets very boring.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
so......the family is lovable and charming, basically the best part of the show, along with her two friends in school, very charming, very nice.
i Actually loved the main actress, to me personally, she was more likable and charming and enjoyable to watch than Captain Marvel was in her movie.
Ms Marvel was funny and she was silly at times but had so much heart and enthusiasm,

but, the villains were A w f u l..... the government people were terrible too.... very very awful. the show gets dull. very boring episodes. the very little action it had was underwhelming. it gets very boring.
Yeah, villain reminded me a bit of the Flag Smasher from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Terrible villain in that show, too. But to me, the villains in these Disney+ shows are not something I get too caught up on. Sure, a great villain would be preferred, but they aren't going to give us a great villain in a D+ show (although we did get Agatha Harkness), they save those for the movies.

What i'm most concerned about with the D+ shows is less about the villain stuff and more about character development and literally every protagonist character in this show is not only a great and likable character, but also perfectly cast. Unfortunately, these shows are all just stepping stones to the "next thing" like how this was a stepping stone to The Marvels. Looking at the show in that respect, it did its job in that I now am looking forward to seeing that movie - not for Captain Marvel - but to see more of Kamala Khan and also to see more of Monica Rambeau after seeing her in WandaVision. There's also the potential for Blue Marvel to be in that movie, too.

Also, if the movie picks up where the show left off, Captain Marvel is in Kamala's house, which means we would get some fun interactions between Kamala's family and Carol hopefully.

So the Marvel movie thread got locked and I’m not quite sure if I should make a mcu X-men thread so I’m just going to post it here and not bother to put a spoiler tag since it’s been like weeks since the ms marvel finale.

Im mixed on the X-men coming to the MCU. On one hand I have been looking at some of the X-Men properties and it’s all been fun and interesting, but on the other hand. The problem with the X-men in the comics is that while it’s obvious they’re supposed to be a stand in for oppressed minorities here’s the thing: the reason they’re hated is because they have special powers and that’s why the public hates them. It was stupid in the original comics and it’s stupid in the mcu for the same reason: look at heroes like Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America. All beloved and all with extraordinary powers. So why does the public hates mutants again?

So the Marvel movie thread got locked and I’m not quite sure if I should make a mcu X-men thread so I’m just going to post it here and not bother to put a spoiler tag since it’s been like weeks since the ms marvel finale.

Im mixed on the X-men coming to the MCU. On one hand I have been looking at some of the X-Men properties and it’s all been fun and interesting, but on the other hand. The problem with the X-men in the comics is that while it’s obvious they’re supposed to be a stand in for oppressed minorities here’s the thing: the reason they’re hated is because they have special powers and that’s why the public hates them. It was stupid in the original comics and it’s stupid in the mcu for the same reason: look at heroes like Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America. All beloved and all with extraordinary powers. So why does the public hates mutants again?
I’m sure we’ll get an amended story to fit the MCU. There will be a reason given. Whether or not it’s good enough is another thing, but I feel like the MCU is at the point where we need to reassess where the government stands with them anyway and it’s possible that all super powered individuals are looked at badly by the government given the current state of what’s going on in the MCU.

Ms. Marvel being shown in full on ABC with three episodes on August 5th and three on August 12th.

Makes sense

This show ties into the movie and I feel like most Marvel fans saw Wanda Vision for the backstory on American Rambo