MSHI Expansion? | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: Mike S and tielo
Considering Comcast, and Commercially; it would make sense that they could theoretically be in a bit of a rush for a new park, as while USF and IOA are great parks, they are limited on space.

This should, theoretically; give them more space for the future projects and while focusing on USF, IOA and Volcano are Important; theres more gain down south, especially with it being right next to the con space.

As for the Marvel brand, I think if we see it as it is now, and rising more and more; it shouldn't be a problem. But, they would most likely not use the MCU iterations for a IOA expansion of the Marvel Brand, and focus more on the modern comics.

Universal wouldn't purchase over 400 acres of land down south of the main property if it was for hotels.
Yes, I agree. And they see this as an opportune time to put a bit of a dent in WDW's market dominance. Universal has momentum to strike while the iron is hot. The HP momentum is still there. Even with Avatar, TSL, &SWL the WDW parks have a lot to do to make up for a decade or so of doing little in the way of new attractions. Lots of pretty old attractions at WDW, some good, some pretty dated, that will need tobe replaced. Heck, ET is considered old by many Universal fans, complaining the ride system is dated, etc. If ET was at WDW, it would actually be one of the newer attractions. After watching the way Comcast operates for a few decades, my guess is they try to open the new park, along with a new hotel or three, and another entertainment area, on the new plot, somewhere in the vicinity of 2022 to 2024.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yes, I agree. And they see this as an opportune time to put a bit of a dent in WDW's market dominance. Universal has momentum to strike while the iron is hot. The HP momentum is still there. Even with Avatar, TSL, &SWL the WDW parks have a lot to do to make up for a decade or so of doing little in the way of new attractions. Lots of pretty old attractions at WDW, some good, some pretty dated, that will need tobe replaced. Heck, ET is considered old by many Universal fans, complaining the ride system is dated, etc. If ET was at WDW, it would actually be one of the newer attractions. After watching the way Comcast operates for a few decades, my guess is they try to open the new park, along with a new hotel or three, and another entertainment area, on the new plot, somewhere in the vicinity of 2022 to 2024.

I imagine Comcast is all about growth and cash flow. With the new property being so close to the convention center, would they possibly start with a hotel as a way to start generating income at the new property?

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I pray that Disney try and find a suitable ride system for this instead of replacing an older ride or using an old system like Star Tours.

I think it's pretty well known that DCA is expanding with Marvel behind Guardians.

I agree, but the public perception and media attention will be "OMG - Disneyland has a new Avengers theme park and it's awesome", quickly followed by Disneyland is the park with the Avengers ride. Having two competing visions will be all kinds of interesting. MCU vs Comic version?

Reactions: Mike S
Yea, they can. Especially when the Chinese are also financing Beijing
Speak for yourself. But, I wouldn't bet on it. I think people on this forum think money grows on trees at Comcast.

It takes 5 years to build a Disney/ Universal theme park. If they were to open by 2023, there would be substantial movement right now. There's none. I know for a fact that UC has nothing but early preliminary plans right now. The 3rd gate is not a priority whatsoever and won't be for quite some time.

Speak for yourself. But, I wouldn't bet on it. I think people on this forum think money grows on trees at Comcast.

It takes 5 years to build a Disney/ Universal theme park. If they were to open by 2023, there would be substantial movement right now. There's none. I know for a fact that UC has nothing but early preliminary plans right now. The 3rd gate is not a priority whatsoever and won't be for quite some time.

Even though Beijing is sounding like they may have a few tricks up their sleeve, it is seeming like that this will be the equivalent to Magic Kingdom.

It's a "Best of UPR", bringing in it's most marketable and successful IP's into the chinese front, and that it could help things come a bit more easier in the developmental process of UOSouth. Plus, Universal has shown many times in the past; that they have been more than willing to go as fast as god-forbid possible for products. It may be more easier than one would think.

Although that brings something, but it's something that should be discussed on the separate but equal threads.

Back to the topic of a MSHI Expansion..

Could Disneyland beat them to the punch? Being first with an Avengers ride I think is important

Marvel Hints At Avengers Ride With Guardians Of The Galaxy Attraction Clue

(Didn't see this here or in the GotG:MB thread)

The rumor, originally was a Captain America darkcoaster in the sense. While I wouldn't be surprised about a whole "AVENGERS" Darkcoaster, it would have to be based off the MCU aspects as seen with Guardians; but that it would stay in that Theme Park-verse set by IME and Mission Breakout.

Meanwhile, Universal wouldn't need to explain a theme park universe, as they could just reference the comics so easily that it'd probably not be a problem.

And to add on, IMG has an Avengers dark ride; but no one's mentioned that at all, outside of a few occasions every once and a while. So technically, they are the first.

image.jpeg I think the concept and ride is brilliant. What I love about it is that I can see how an new movie like GotG would have been created into a ride years ago. If JP came out now universal would have never thought of building a boat ride with a drop, it would have probably been a simulator. What universal needs to do if come up with not only elaborate themes, but ride systems that are classic. Something very physical but with a nice flare of technology, like this ride does. This ride could have easily been a jimmy Fallon ride, but replacing it with an old ride system I can see how this is a much better and cooler expirience than screens. This was a very smart idea, and I don't go to Disney, but I would now if this is done.

View attachment 4578 I think the concept and ride is brilliant. What I love about it is that I can see how an new movie like GotG would have been created into a ride years ago. If JP came out now universal would have never thought of building a boat ride with a drop, it would have probably been a simulator. What universal needs to do if come up with not only elaborate themes, but ride systems that are classic. Something very physical but with a nice flare of technology, like this ride does. This ride could have easily been a jimmy Fallon ride, but replacing it with an old ride system I can see how this is a much better and cooler expirience than screens. This was a very smart idea, and I don't go to Disney, but I would now if this is done.

*experience

View attachment 4578 I think the concept and ride is brilliant. What I love about it is that I can see how an new movie like GotG would have been created into a ride years ago. If JP came out now universal would have never thought of building a boat ride with a drop, it would have probably been a simulator. What universal needs to do if come up with not only elaborate themes, but ride systems that are classic. Something very physical but with a nice flare of technology, like this ride does. This ride could have easily been a jimmy Fallon ride, but replacing it with an old ride system I can see how this is a much better and cooler expirience than screens. This was a very smart idea, and I don't go to Disney, but I would now if this is done.
You know this ride is now all screens right?

Reactions: Mike S
Even though Beijing is sounding like they may have a few tricks up their sleeve, it is seeming like that this will be the equivalent to Magic Kingdom.

It's a "Best of UPR", bringing in it's most marketable and successful IP's into the chinese front, and that it could help things come a bit more easier in the developmental process of UOSouth. Plus, Universal has shown many times in the past; that they have been more than willing to go as fast as god-forbid possible for products. It may be more easier than one would think.

Although that brings something, but it's something that should be discussed on the separate but equal threads.

Back to the topic of a MSHI Expansion..

The rumor, originally was a Captain America darkcoaster in the sense. While I wouldn't be surprised about a whole "AVENGERS" Darkcoaster, it would have to be based off the MCU aspects as seen with Guardians; but that it would stay in that Theme Park-verse set by IME and Mission Breakout.

Meanwhile, Universal wouldn't need to explain a theme park universe, as they could just reference the comics so easily that it'd probably not be a problem.

And to add on, IMG has an Avengers dark ride; but no one's mentioned that at all, outside of a few occasions every once and a while. So technically, they are the first.

When you say dark coaster for Captain America , are you meaning something completely new or a rethemed Rock n Roller Coaster?

-5 years for a theme park? It can be done in 3.
-Not a priority? It will be soon.

Reactions: Mad Dog
just a little bit of an exaggeration there on ET. Disney opened a whole theme park since ET. not to mention countless other attractions.

JP, Avengers, and Grinch are in no way, shape or form definite, and definitely not in those timelines.

Remember, there's a whole other park to build, guys.
I still think they're stupid for not pushing new Marvel stuff during the hype of Infinity War.
Ya but the ride system is a thrilling one. It's not just a tilting vehicle.
I just rode Flight of Passage which has nothing but "tilting vehicles" and it's still very impressive and thrilling.

Reactions: Nick
I still think they're stupid for not pushing new Marvel stuff during the hype of Infinity War.

I just rode Flight of Passage which has nothing but "tilting vehicles" and it's still very impressive and thrilling.
Was the up/down portion of the ride not working (where the whole room moves?)