MSHI Expansion? | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The new Avengers film is rumoured to be costing $1 billion to make, to get most of the people on board for a new attraction, you could imagine the cost.

Universal don't own any of the Marvel characters, they just have a license to use them and a contract for others not to (Disney World).

So if they wanted, could they use Robert DJ for an iron man ride since they own rights to use the characters.

Edit: or just the iron man character himself, not the actor that plays him.

Yes but an iron man without the only person who has played iron man wouldn't be that appealing to guests. Having an iron man different from RDJ wouldn't make sense.
Huh? Spider-Man is one of the most popular rides at the parks and has no actor tied to it. People don't care if RDJ plays iron man, they care if it's iron man.

Reactions: Andysol
So if they wanted, could they use Robert DJ for an iron man ride since they own rights to use the characters.

Yes but an iron man without the only person who has played iron man wouldn't be that appealing to guests. Having an iron man different from RDJ wouldn't make sense.

There's no way they can use the MCU characters. Disney won't allow it.

The modern comics are good enough imo. We don't need to see his face.

Reactions: Andysol
Huh? Spider-Man is one of the most popular rides at the parks and has no actor tied to it. People don't care if RDJ plays iron man, they care if it's iron man.
Yeah but the spiderman ride was created before any of the known movies were made, so the comic book version of spiderman was all that was known. But now everyone knows iron man as RDW. IMO it would be weird to hear a voice in an iron man suite that isn't him. It would feel like one of those fake cop out movies.

Sorry I was assigned a project from my summer architecture class and I was asked to design a modern looking building that would accommidate future technology in it. My design resembled and was inspired by the avengers tower. From this small assignment I designed a whole marvel universe in place of MSHI. It looked amazing and I wondered if this whole land could be possible. I also took some ideas and thoughts people had from others threads about a redesigned MSHI. I was just seeing a way that Universal could somehow get the rights and make something along the lines of what I designed. I'm pretty stubborn and trying to find loopholes for my own creative purposes. Sorry if you think I'm being hardheaded.

Kids care about the character themselves. They don't know who RDJ is and they will have him keep his helmet on. No one will care.
Honestly, I've always like the cartoon-y version of the Marvel land at IOA...It's a nice break from the gritty and realistic Marvel movies...

RDJ is getting $200 million for the next Avengers films ($100 million each). That's money that's never been done for a film before and he knows he can request it because he is Iron Man. I genuinely think that Universal can use the MCU characters if they wanted but for Iron Man alone they're going to have to pay about $100 million for his acting alone because an attraction can count as a movie credit. If they also decide to go down this route, they're going to have to overhaul the whole land which also means updating every ride with their respective actor. How much will this boost attendance over the current land? You're talking Avatar Land money for so little in return.

Yeah but the spiderman ride was created before any of the known movies were made, so the comic book version of spiderman was all that was known. But now everyone knows iron man as RDW. IMO it would be weird to hear a voice in an iron man suite that isn't him. It would feel like one of those fake cop out movies.

Sorry I was assigned a project from my summer architecture class and I was asked to design a modern looking building that would accommidate future technology in it. My design resembled and was inspired by the avengers tower. From this small assignment I designed a whole marvel universe in place of MSHI. It looked amazing and I wondered if this whole land could be possible. I also took some ideas and thoughts people had from others threads about a redesigned MSHI. I was just seeing a way that Universal could somehow get the rights and make something along the lines of what I designed. I'm pretty stubborn and trying to find loopholes for my own creative purposes. Sorry if you think I'm being hardheaded.

They updated the visuals in 2012 and they could have easily went down the route of getting Andrew Garfield for the role at a fraction of the cost it would now and Universal still didn't. They could have got Mark Ruffalo for the Hulk refurb last year and still didn't plus he's also the lowest paid Avengers actor by far.

I guarantee if they got somebody else to do the audio for Iron Man in a suit, 99% of the public wouldn't be able to tell and of that 1% who did, I bet the majority wouldn't even care.

You're living in a dream world.

RDJ is getting $200 million for the next Avengers films ($100 million each). That's money that's never been done for a film before and he knows he can request it because he is Iron Man. I genuinely think that Universal can use the MCU characters if they wanted but for Iron Man alone they're going to have to pay about $100 million for his acting alone because an attraction can count as a movie credit. If they also decide to go down this route, they're going to have to overhaul the whole land which also means updating every ride with their respective actor. How much will this boost attendance over the current land? You're talking Avatar Land money for so little in return.

They updated the visuals in 2012 and they could have easily went down the route of getting Andrew Garfield for the role at a fraction of the cost it would now and Universal still didn't. They could have got Mark Ruffalo for the Hulk refurb last year and still didn't plus he's also the lowest paid Avengers actor by far.

I guarantee if they got somebody else to do the audio for Iron Man in a suit, 99% of the public wouldn't be able to tell and of that 1% who did, I bet the majority wouldn't even care.

You're living in a dream world.
It would boost attendance up a lot to have a MCU refurb. Also, it's a subject that people have talked about here before with a lot of other people agreeing with a MCU update. it probably won't happen but when you want something loopholes and possibilities are things that one looks for. I'm not "living in a dream world" for trying to find possibilities. If this subject or any subject was of this important to you, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. I spent time and creativey in a coming up with a project and it's not that weird for wanting it to actually happen.

After seeing Homecoming, I am rather impressed about how Iron Man is incorporated. And in a sense, even if Tony Stark doesn't have a legitimate speaking role in the attraction, I wouldn't mind it.

Without going into it, there are ways that, as seen through Spider-Man that you can very well easily use artificial intelligence to tell a compelling story, and that it could be a great chance for them to market the attraction to BE Iron Man.

You don't have to use anything from the MCU, use the Modern Comics with a The Incredible Hulk asthetic, and that you can still use something that is compelling and exciting, while also using Iron Man villains from the comics not seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as it stands.

I am all up for a Non-MCU Iron Man attraction, and that I believe there are ways you can do it rather impressively without the need to bring Stark or Potts into the ride whatsoever.

Just my two cents on it, even though I wouldn't be surprised they reincorporated the Tony Stark voice actor of the Avengers cartoons; Adrian Pasdar (which was from NBCs Heroes) into the fold and do a story that is while unique to Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, telling a story to where you help Tony while also tagging along with him, in custom created Iron Man suits that can accept people of multiple types.