MSHI Expansion? | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just think it would be funny to use a guy who poorly imitated Tony Stark in the movie since they can't have the real Tony Stark. It would be just a tongue in cheek jab at Disney.
cough****Harmione****cough

I'm in no way or shape saying both are happening, FWIW. Just speculating. So far nothing fits the alleged sale of an SFX coaster in Orlando
Fun-Spot-America-Logo.png

Reactions: Mike S
Does anybody have the article link explaining the marvel contract and what deals can be made on hand?

Edit: can universal make a deal with marvel trading something for the MSU avengers.

Yes, Universal can make any Marvel type of character regardless if they're from the comic books or from the MCU. The 1994 contract doesn't discriminate between comic and movie versions, so as long they're Marvel characters, they get to use whatever version they need for the attraction. Marvel itself must approve new attraction proposals and Disney can't do anything to interfere with it, just "because" they'd have to have a valid legal reason like hurts the brand/story, etc or that it would hurt Disney more in terms of attendance and profits at the expense of the competitor. Marvel had to sign off on the upgrades to the Incredible Hulk Coaster last year, so there's an example of the contract in action. Below is the excerpt from the contract about this.

• "i. [Marvel/Disney] will reasonably cooperate in making information, artwork, archive material, key personnel, etc. available to [Comcast] in order that [Comcast] can creatively develop THE MARVEL UNIVERSE and exploit its rights hereunder. [Comcast] will reimburse [Marvel/Disney] for its reasonable costs in this regard, including time of non-executive personnel and their reasonable travel expense.

• ii. Whenever [Marvel/Disney] has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by [Marvel/Disney] may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in [Marvel/Disney]’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by [Comcast]. iii. [Comcast] shall take appropriate action, as directed by [Marvel/Disney] to protect all copyrights and trademarks in connection with the uses granted hereunder, including in-park uses, merchandise and packaging."
The key word underlined in number ii is "other products", so to answer your question, yes it includes those from the MCU. Apparently, I heard a rumor that Stan Lee wanted to keep the classic comic book-style of Marvel Super Hero Island because he said Marvel started from the Comics and wanted the guests to realize that it originated from the comics, not from the movies. As for the link, here you go. Marvel Agreement between MCA Inc. and Marvel Entertainment Group

Last edited:
How sure are we on this SFX coaster happening? Sure they said they've sold one to someone in Orlando, maybe they jumped the gun on a deal/lied/someone got their facts wrong?

Not saying any of those things happened just interested to know as it seems odd we can't even narrow down who has bought one :shrug:

This was the statement they put out.

WINNIPEG, May 19, 2017 – Empire Industries Ltd. (TSX-V: EIL) today reported that it has received a USD$ 120 million, multi-year, multi-theme park ride system series of contracts with one of the leading, global theme park owners. These contracts will largely be executed over the next 4 years from the company’s Vancouver-based design and manufacturing facilities as well as their Attractions Development Center.

“Our company has invested heavily in building our ride system engineering and manufacturing capacity and today’s announcement proves that the investment is working,” said Guy Nelson, CEO of Empire Industries. “Our strategy continues to focus on building the creative and technical resources to help select customers design and build the best attractions in the world. This strategy addresses a rapidly growing consumer market, demanding shared entertainment experiences that simply can’t be experienced at home.”

SFX Avengers ride seems unlikely to me, since it is also said that the SFX contract includes clones of the ride for other parks; so whatever the SFX coaster is for, should be a ride that can exist in more than one park.

Reactions: Joel
DCA Gets a clone of Spiderman, IOA and DCA gets the avengers coaster?

If something like this happens, I'll eat a pygmy puff.
As nice as it would be to have Spidey in my backyard at another park, I wouldn't like that. Just build its own ride.

Although I better hear Spidey tell us that this might be the most dangerous night of his life (and ours) at the start of the ride.

Yes, Universal can make any Marvel type of character regardless if they're from the comic books or from the MCU. The 1994 contract doesn't discriminate between comic and movie versions, so as long they're Marvel characters, they get to use whatever version they need for the attraction. Marvel itself must approve new attraction proposals and Disney can't do anything to interfere with it, just "because" they'd have to have a valid legal reason like hurts the brand/story, etc or that it would hurt Disney more in terms of attendance and profits at the expense of the competitor. Marvel had to sign off on the upgrades to the Incredible Hulk Coaster last year, so there's an example of the contract in action. Below is the excerpt from the contract about this.

• "i. [Marvel/Disney] will reasonably cooperate in making information, artwork, archive material, key personnel, etc. available to [Comcast] in order that [Comcast] can creatively develop THE MARVEL UNIVERSE and exploit its rights hereunder. [Comcast] will reimburse [Marvel/Disney] for its reasonable costs in this regard, including time of non-executive personnel and their reasonable travel expense.

• ii. Whenever [Marvel/Disney] has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by [Marvel/Disney] may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in [Marvel/Disney]’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by [Comcast]. iii. [Comcast] shall take appropriate action, as directed by [Marvel/Disney] to protect all copyrights and trademarks in connection with the uses granted hereunder, including in-park uses, merchandise and packaging."
The key word underlined in number ii is "other products", so to answer your question, yes it includes those from the MCU. Apparently, I heard a rumor that Stan Lee wanted to keep the classic comic book-style of Marvel Super Hero Island because he said Marvel started from the Comics and wanted the guests to realize that it originated from the comics, not from the movies. As for the link, here you go. Marvel Agreement between MCA Inc. and Marvel Entertainment Group
Thank you for the complete clarification.

Reactions: Paulio
DCA Gets a clone of Spiderman, IOA and DCA gets the avengers coaster?

If something like this happens, I'll eat a pygmy puff.
Well I don't think a duplicate of the ride, but ideas and plot? I'm actuality prett on board w this idea. Demolish the fantastic 4 cafe, as well as Dr. doom and let there be a HUGE expansion.

Edit: Not huge but a new attarction.

Edit:image.jpeg

Last edited:
I think DCA's Spidey will be more of a trackless classic type dark ride with SCREENZ.

A classic ride with just screens sounds really boring and does not well with the audience. More importantly, the 1994 contract disallows any Marvel character that is featured in a simulator ride in Japan and United States east and west of the Mississippi River by any other theme parks that are within the designated legal distances of any Universal theme park, since after all, screens are always used for simulator rides just because they're cheap and less innovative. A Marvel ride at any Disney park that falls under the restricted geographic clause must be consisted of practical sets and animatronics with screens only adding to the story rather than having the guests partaking in the action.