NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is the NBC Sunday Night Football crew. Hopefully this Sunday night's game with my Carolina Panthers will be the first live game shown on the big screen.

The menu is on Universal's official site. Cuban Meatloaf sandwich. Holy hell, I can't wait to try that.

I've eaten here twice already so I'll give you some feedback. First of all the atmosphere is odd... too upscale for a sports bar yet too sports bar to be an upscale joint. Overall it is a much better layout and use of the space than Nascar was.

Beef brisket was dry but tasty. French fries were nicely seasoned. Tater tots were standard and plain (perfect for kids). Side of mac n' cheese was outstanding!! (not sure if this is the same recipe as the entree mac n' cheese). Smokehouse Stack burger was awesome but I was disgusted at myself for eating 3/4 of it (seemed like over a pound of meat).

Beer isn't brewed on-site, probably the same place the HP beer is made. I highly recommend the house IPA if you're into hops and the seasonal coffee beer right now is a good choice if you want something more mild yet tasty. The second time I went the server offered free samples of the beer before choosing.

Service was friendly and attentive but it took a few minutes too long to receive our food, especially as we could see way too many cooks in the kitchen, including a guy whose only job was to keep 3-4 ears of corn rotating on the grill.

Final word: will definitely return and will likely order the Bang-Bang Chicken (apparently not as spicy as authentic Thai).

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Beer isn't brewed on-site, probably the same place the HP beer is made. I highly recommend the house IPA if you're into hops and the seasonal coffee beer right now is a good choice if you want something more mild yet tasty. The second time I went the server offered free samples of the beer before choosing.

All of those stainless steel tanks are fake? They have no intention of brewing anything there?

Reactions: gator
All of those stainless steel tanks are fake? They have no intention of brewing anything there?
Correct. The cheerful disposition of our waitress melted away as I asked again... "so they aren't brewed on site?" Her practiced comeback was "But these are exclusive to our restaurant"

Reactions: SeventyOne
I've eaten here twice already so I'll give you some feedback. First of all the atmosphere is odd... too upscale for a sports bar yet too sports bar to be an upscale joint.
I've yet to eat here, but i've been inside and walked by many a times before/after HHN and I get the same vibe. It's just an odd vibe to go for for a sports bar. I almost feel like i'd need to dress up to go there. A sports bar should feel relaxing.

It is more Yard House and less BW3. It is basically a quality Brew Pub owned by NBCSports.

The house beers are brewed locally. And are true exclusive craft beers. I don't care that they aren't brewed in that particular building. It's not like that are trying to pass them off as local craft beers when they are actually brewed by InBev in St. Louis.

Universal is becoming a great place to be a beer lover.

It's about time.

Based on the reviews, it sounds like a copy cat of Yardhouse which is great news. I'm not a big sports fan, so I prefer a "sports bar" with food and atmosphere that is a little more upscale.

the basket of bar food, sports bars are old hat.

The house beers are brewed locally. And are true exclusive craft beers. I don't care that they aren't brewed in that particular building. It's not like that are trying to pass them off as local craft beers when they are actually brewed by InBev in St. Louis.

It's not like this "trick" is uncommon in Orlando. Sea Dog and BJs, and probably others, also have brewing set-ups as decor but don't actually brew on-site.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
not to get geeky, but in order to brew large amounts in Florida, you basically have to brew off site. "Brewpubs" in Florida can only be legally allowed to have so many tanks. Add the fact that operating a small on-site brewery is more expensive, then operating at a leased facility brewery, where they don't have to pay an independent brewmaster, or staff. I'm not sure exactly where this beer is brewed, but it's possible it's a BrewHub. Which brews beers for a lot of breweries in Florida at a fraction of the cost.

not to get geeky, but in order to brew large amounts in Florida, you basically have to brew off site. "Brewpubs" in Florida can only be legally allowed to have so many tanks. Add the fact that operating a small on-site brewery is more expensive, then operating at a leased facility brewery, where they don't have to pay an independent brewmaster, or staff. I'm not sure exactly where this beer is brewed, but it's possible it's a BrewHub. Which brews beers for a lot of breweries in Florida at a fraction of the cost.
They are brewed at the Florida Beer Co. in Cape Canaveral, FL. It is a new state of the art facility that opened last year. Prior to that they were based out of Melbourne, FL.