NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it's cool that they are using a FL brewer though.

is it Unita that brews for Yardhouse? I can 't remember.

The waitress definitely claimed the IPA was exclusive and I personally thought it was excellent.

Here's the thing...Double Swamp Ape isn't bottled for sale. It's only available at the Brewery, Beer Festivals, and Universal. So in a sense, it is exclusive.

Same thing for the other beers. Wizard's Brew is FBC Sweet Oatmeal Stout. Duff is FBC Beachside American Lager. Dufftoberfest is Conchtoberfest. Duff Dry is the Chocolate Stout. Hog's Head is their Scottish Ale.

You can get all of these up at the brewery, though the prices aren't much better than the parks (~$5-$7 per serving depending on alcohol content).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Here's the thing...Double Swamp Ape isn't bottled for sale. It's only available at the Brewery, Beer Festivals, and Universal. So in a sense, it is exclusive.

Same thing for the other beers. Wizard's Brew is FBC Sweet Oatmeal Stout. Duff is FBC Beachside American Lager. Dufftoberfest is Conchtoberfest. Duff Dry is the Chocolate Stout. Hog's Head is their Scottish Ale.

You can get all of these up at the brewery, though the prices aren't much better than the parks (~$5-$7 per serving depending on alcohol content).

Sorry for being confrontational, but we've been told many times these are exclusive beers brewed just for UOR. Do you have a source of information on this?

Well, there you go. That's what I was gonna do.

It worth it. It's such a good sampling of high quality, fresh beer. Get yourself a flight, casually mention "hey this tastes just like the beer at Universal" and get a knowing response from an attendant. Do the tour too, it's really cool to see some history of the building (it was used to house the Transformers during the Transformers 3 filming) and you get a free glass.

I'm over at the Cape regularly, so this will happen. I wish they had snacks other than popcorn. Soft pretzels would be awesome.

I was chatting with the servers at the FL Beer Co. tent at the Jeannie 5k 2 days ago, but didn't ask about the Universal beers. Someone just told me that they sampled the special brew for Epcot's F&G Fest. at the Tap Room.

Reactions: ThreePack Shagur
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here.... but how come they don't show live sports on the jumbotrons? Are there plans to eventually put live sports on? Otherwise it is a huge waste and actually incredibly disappointing, as I'm sure you all realize. I just can't fathom NOT putting live sports on....

first thing...wouldn't a giant screen outside actually dissuade people from coming inside to watch the game and buy food/drinks?

Also...I'm pretty sure Double Swamp Ape is available on retail shelves. The it's brewed "exclusive" to us, is a total marketing line. There is obviously only one place you can purchase a "house IPA". That's why it's exclusive. The name/brand is exclusive not the recipe or beer.

I wouldn't take what the waiters/bartenders tell you as gospel either. I was once told that Cigar City's Florida Cracker was an "experimental test beer" made specifically for Yard House. A lot of servers know very, very, little about the beer they pour in my experience.

Of course being a beer geek, this bothers me more than others.

I also find it strange that a double IPA would be the "house IPA". Seems like it would be too strong for the general public.

first thing...wouldn't a giant screen outside actually dissuade people from coming inside to watch the game and buy food/drinks?

Also...I'm pretty sure Double Swamp Ape is available on retail shelves. The it's brewed "exclusive" to us, is a total marketing line. There is obviously only one place you can purchase a "house IPA". That's why it's exclusive. The name/brand is exclusive not the recipe or beer.

I wouldn't take what the waiters/bartenders tell you as gospel either. I was once told that Cigar City's Florida Cracker was an "experimental test beer" made specifically for Yard House. A lot of servers know very, very, little about the beer they pour in my experience.

Of course being a beer geek, this bothers me more than others.
I would trust the server at the brewery's own Tap Room a lot more than a server at the Yard House.

you'd be surprised...lol. I've been to a few tap rooms (Funky Buddha cough) where the bartenders still have no clue what kind of beer they are serving.

Plus I wasn't questioning the FBC servers, but the NBC ones.