NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do we know for sure that all networks will be on the screens? Seems odd to me that NBC will be airing content from another network.

PPV certainly won't be happening here.
It was said before, the restaurant would not make it through the year without airing content from other networks.

As an example, Xfinity Live is another Comcast venture into sports bars located in Philadelphia and they have TV's with sporting events from all networks (probably not PPV though).

Do we know for sure that all networks will be on the screens? Seems odd to me that NBC will be airing content from another network.

PPV certainly won't be happening here.
They HAVE to. They cannot keep the lights on showing SNF for NFL and Notre Dame for College Football.

ESPN Club shows games from every network; they just do not air the commercials.

At the NBC Sports Arena in Philly they show all of the networks. No reason why they wouldn't here.

At the NBC Sports Arena in Philly they show all of the networks. No reason why they wouldn't here.

If that's the case, fine. I'm just funny in the sense that when I hear NBC SPORTS, I would think they would air sports on NBC and the NBC Sports channel. Kinda like how the Nascar cafe didn't air any content that wasn't, you know, racing.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. So what about ESPN?
They're going to have to show ESPN content, they simply will have to. ESPN has the rights to so much of the sports world, it's hard to stay away and they're going to find that all they're going to do is wind up with angry customers if they try to boycott ESPN completely.

After all, ESPN Club shows big games that are on NBC. It's about making money, not boycotting because they are the competition.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If that's the case, fine. I'm just funny in the sense that when I hear NBC SPORTS, I would think they would air sports on NBC and the NBC Sports channel. Kinda like how the Nascar cafe didn't air any content that wasn't, you know, racing.
Completely untrue

They're going to have to show ESPN content, they simply will have to. ESPN has the rights to so much of the sports world, it's hard to stay away and they're going to find that all they're going to do is wind up with angry customers if they try to boycott ESPN completely.

After all, ESPN Club shows big games that are on NBC. It's about making money, not boycotting because they are the competition.
Yep, ESPN basically owns every bowl game for instance.

Reactions: Nick
Yeah that's what I was thinking. So what about ESPN?

I dont know for sure, but my guess is that Boardwalk ESPN shows The World Series (Fox), The Masters (CBS), The Kentucky Derby (NBC) the Stanley Cup Playoffs (some on NBC) and The Superbowl (even on the years it is broadcast by CBS or Fox).

BUT UNiVERZAL HATEZ DIZNEE

NO DIZNEE SPORTZ!!

:rolleyes: I wasn't saying that.

To me, it just seems odd that NBC would be airing non-NBC content at a place called NBC Sports. That was all. If I'm wrong and they are, great. It had nothing to do with Disney owning ESPN. Personally, I don't give a damn if they do or they don't. As I said before, I'm a hockey fan, and hockey only airs on NBC and local channels.

:rolleyes: I wasn't saying that.

To me, it just seems odd that NBC would be airing non-NBC content at a place called NBC Sports. That was all. If I'm wrong and they are, great. It had nothing to do with Disney owning ESPN. Personally, I don't give a damn if they do or they don't. As I said before, I'm a hockey fan, and hockey only airs on NBC and local channels.

Just poking fun. ;)

It was said before, the restaurant would not make it through the year without airing content from other networks.

As an example, Xfinity Live is another Comcast venture into sports bars located in Philadelphia and they have TV's with sporting events from all networks (probably not PPV though).

I can confirm that Xfinity Live did have the Mayweather/Pacquiao PPV (but they charged admission that night).

Xfinity Live! | Entertainment | Philadelphia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 3
Universal blog post about it - mentions as well as classic foods like steak and burgers, they'll also have unique items like crab scotch eggs - which led me to spend the past few minutes wondering what a crab scotch egg would taste like, and I still can't decide if I'd like it or not.