NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If that's the case, fine. I'm just funny in the sense that when I hear NBC SPORTS, I would think they would air sports on NBC and the NBC Sports channel. Kinda like how the Nascar cafe didn't air any content that wasn't, you know, racing.

You used to be able to change the channel yourself on the TVs in the booths. So while everyone else was watching a game, I was there... watching "Friends"..

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
They showed other sports there? News to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, since none of us knows for sure since the place ain't opened yet.

They showed every major sport at NASCAR. It was a great spot to watch football on a Sunday afternoon. Small crowd, TV at each table that you could control yourself. That's the main feature from the old venue I'd like to see return.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And NFL, Soccer (which would bring in the foreigners), etc
The problem is you have to have a time of the year where you can actually do an event because most of the sports are off. ESPN always consisted of a lot of MLB players as ST was just starting, retired players and NFL players as the season had just ended (NBA season was still ongoing and they couldn't have really done much with NHL anyway).

It's hard to do an event like that and actually get a lot of active players to come to it.

The problem is you have to have a time of the year where you can actually do an event because most of the sports are off. ESPN always consisted of a lot of MLB players as ST was just starting, retired players and NFL players as the season had just ended (NBA season was still ongoing and they couldn't have really done much with NHL anyway).

It's hard to do an event like that and actually get a lot of active players to come to it.

June could work for NFL + NHL as long as the players aren't in the Finals.

People mentioned having UFC fights broadcasted on the big screens outside. I wonder if that's a good thing or not...from a "family friendly" perspective.

I have no problems with them showing UFC inside the place, as people who choose to eat/drink there will be aware of it, but not sure if it's good to show it outside. I've seen some pretty violent fights with lots of blood. I personally don't care, just not sure if they'd run into issues with other people.

I feel pretty confident that unless there is a private area in the restaurant there won't be any fights or PPV whatsoever.
It would've been a pretty unpopular place to be during the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight then.

Money speaks, if people want it and are willing to pay for it, they will air the fights. ESPN Club aired the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight for goodness sakes.

I feel pretty confident that unless there is a private area in the restaurant there won't be any fights or PPV whatsoever.

They'll show fights inside, but they won't on the outdoor screens (mainly because of PPV/licensing issues). No need for any kind of tucked away area for fight viewing. Every B-Dubs I've been to in the evening there are fights on roughly half the screens, including 3 of the Orlando locations. It's a sports event, people should expect to see them on a TV at a sports bar.

Reactions: Nick
They'll show fights inside, but they won't on the outdoor screens (mainly because of PPV/licensing issues). No need for any kind of tucked away area for fight viewing. Every B-Dubs I've been to in the evening there are fights on roughly half the screens, including 3 of the Orlando locations. It's a sports event, people should expect to see them on a TV at a sports bar.

There won't be PPV. For a venue like that to show PPV fights they have to pay an EXORBITANT amount of money, and charge the patrons even more. I believe Xfinity Live in Philly charged $5000 a table for Mayweahter Pacquiao. UOR could decide to eat the licensing cost for something like that, but I seriously doubt it.

There won't be PPV. For a venue like that to show PPV fights they have to pay an EXORBITANT amount of money, and charge the patrons even more. I believe Xfinity Live in Philly charged $5000 a table for Mayweahter Pacquiao. UOR could decide to eat the licensing cost for something like that, but I seriously doubt it.
I'll just say it again, if this was open during that fight and they didn't show it, it would have been a very empty and sad place.

EDIT: Places all around Orlando were showing it (charging to get in), there's no reason Uni should have to NOT show those types of Mega events, especially when there are so many sports bars just off property that were showing it at a fee/reservation.

Yeah, the big fights would be questionable, but they'll definitely have a few screens on FS1 basically every night and they'll likely do the smaller big fights just like every sports bar does.