New Live Show (Attraction Development Survey) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Live Show (Attraction Development Survey)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't they do a abridged wicked show at Universal Japan that was about 25 minutes long?...I too like the ideas of both Wicked & Ghostbusters. Far apart on the entertainment spectrum, but good fun both of them.

Wicked the musical, as featured in a special 30-minute condensed version for Universal Studios - Japan. The arrangements for this show do not give away any of the "surprises" of the Broadway version of Wicked the Musical. Instead the audience is treated to a selection of songs that are sure to entice viewers into buying tickets to see the full-length musical

So its pretty much a singalog with no cool effects

I think the Twister building is out. Toon Lagoon Theater and FFL are both in desperate need of something new. Wicked could actually go into either with some surrounding place making. Wicked is playing London's East End right now. And is based on a book of the same name by Gregory Maguire which was a based around The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum.

About a year ago I gave my idea of Munchkinland/Emerald City for the area around Toon Lagoon Theater. So I won't bore you guys with it again.

Universal has a lot of great nostalgic movies that they could make shows out of..
3 major John Hughes film (Breakfast Club,16 Candles,Weird Science [ask paramount for the rights for Pretty in Pink and Ferris Bueller and have a kick ass show]

For Goodness Sakes...they own the rights for Bring it on and Pitch Perfect two huge franchises. Pitch Perfect is extremely popular and Bring it on would be extremely well for The spring and early summer with all the cheer camps. Just saying. The argument could be that those franchises are too feminine but I'm pretty sure Wicked is more feminine than all the possible choices combined

If they're making two new shows, gotta go with Ghostbusters in Twister, Wicked at either Animal Actors or Fear Factor (could work outdoors whereas Ghostbusters can't.

That Ghostbusters description sounds like an exact replica of the original show.
Ghostbusters, Wild West, and Matt Hoffman may have been thrown in the survey to give it a certain statistical regularity. That's sometimes done with surveys. Not to say with any certainty that is what happened, but if it is, the only true choices are Wicked, Amer. Got Talent, & NBC variety.

Based on all posts I have read, it seems there is only one common thread: America's Got Talent

Has anyone taken this survey and not seen AGT be one of the three choices?

Ghostbusters, Wild West, and Matt Hoffman may have been thrown in the survey to give it a certain statistical regularity. That's sometimes done with surveys. Not to say with any certainty that is what happened, but if it is, the only true choices are Wicked, Amer. Got Talent, & NBC variety.

My survey didn't come with Wicked as an option.

Ahh the old Wild West stunt show, what a fantastic show. It would be awesome if that came back and controversial opinion here but I would take it over ghost busters :thumbs:

Based on all posts I have read, it seems there is only one common thread: America's Got Talent

Has anyone taken this survey and not seen AGT be one of the three choices?

These are what I was thinking. Hopefully everyone just gave AGT the lowest scores as I did.

Not to jump ahead, but a London staging of Wicked could have interesting ramifications for Phase 3 of Potter. Maybe its out?

Not to jump ahead, but a London staging of Wicked could have interesting ramifications for Phase 3 of Potter. Maybe its out?

No.

Anyway, I think Wicked would be awesome in the Toon Lagoon Theater. Inclose it and do it like they did for Nemo.

Ok, now I'll review my Wicked/Toon Lagoon Theater concept.

Munchkinland by the lagoon with 2 flats (Twister themed wave swinger complete with Dorothy's crashed house. And Horse of a different color Caroussel). Yellow Brick Road leading to the Emerald City themed theater.

Munchkinland by the lagoon with 2 flats (Twister themed wave swinger complete with Dorothy's crashed house. And Horse of a different color Caroussel). Yellow Brick Road leading to the Emerald City themed theater.

Exactly what I was thinking. It'd work and fit in with the 'literature/printed page' sorta thing IoA has fit itself into.

That would be great...personally I would just theme it to Emerald City which is where the majority of the show takes place...plenty of F&B options could be invented

America's Got Talent is by far MY LEAST FAVORITE of all the options. I really love that Ghostbusters shooter idea that someone mentioned earlier, and also the Munchkinland one too. Both of those would be outstanding.

Man, there are some show concepts based on OLD properties here...it would almost be like Universal Studios of the 1980s in some cases. AGT and Matt Hoffman are the "newest" concepts in there. The NBC Mashup idea is clever, but it all hinges upon the quality of the actors they hire (as well as the script), and how familiar current audiences are with the 80s/90s era TV shows. The folks who saw them back in the day would probably love them, but how many kids today know what "Diff'rent Strokes" is? I use the saying "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" in front of numerous younger folks (20 and younger) regularly and none of them get the reference.

Now that Ghostbusters is being rebooted with 4 women (an unnecessary change in my eyes as a DIE-HARD GB fan), they have a new creative direction to go with a modern-day GB show if they wanted to (though it sounds like this is a quick relaunch of the classic show). Wicked is a wonderful show that I think might fit in to UOR nicely. The rest of them are very "meh" to me. I'd have to reserve judgement until I saw whatever new show came to the park, but the concepts being mentioned in this new series of survey leave me less than enthused. My opinion only...the general public would probably love any and all of these concepts.

Thanks for sharing this...it's always great to know what Uni's cooking up in their creative little noodles!