New Project for Dinoland? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. I blame them for spending way too much on a land that doesn't fit and based on a property that doesn't have much public love.

If the rides are good (not even necessarily great) and the land's environs are impressive, I will have no qualms about the area.

That said, does Disney not know how to rationally, effectively, and sensibly spend money? Absolutely. That, however, is probably a discussion for another thread!

Reactions: Cheezbat
Yeah, not what we meant when we said we'd like an Indy ride here in FL. Although Disney WOULD go that route since they already have the track and ride vehicles in Dinosaur. But again, not what we meant. Take it elsewhere.

Someone I met at a weekly pinball league works for GM at Test Track. He takes breaks in rooms sometimes near the Imagineering Office. He stated that Dinosaur will close to be replaced by Indy.
I would be surprised if Disney is considering this. They would have to change the park name from Animal Kingdom to Jungle Kingdom

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Fwiw, Dinosaur is closing for a long refurbishment this summer. Good to see Disney's using the continued down swing in attendance to fix their rides.

I saw this somewhere else and was surprised they were doing this during the summer. However it broke down the other day to the point they had every exit the line and gave fast passes out. So maybe there is technical issues they need to resolve causing longer down times than they like? But why not take it down now and have it up mid-summer instead of taking it down as soon as they get busy. This decision really makes no sense to me at all. Especially since AK has low rides to begin with. Now mind you, not that many people ride it, it is pretty much a walk on every time I am there.

Surprisingly, not only will Dinosaur be down at that time, but so will BTMRR. It's good to see them doing some lengthy refurbs though. Seems it's been awhile since they've done much attraction refurbs (outside of Pirates last year).

I don't understand why they would bring an attraction down for a refurb in the summer. BTM seems to always be down at the strangest times. I mean it doesn't bother me as much as I normally avoid the parks in the summer as much as I can or take very short trips. The crowds and heat are too much for me.

I don't understand why they would bring an attraction down for a refurb in the summer. BTM seems to always be down at the strangest times. I mean it doesn't bother me as much as I normally avoid the parks in the summer as much as I can or take very short trips. The crowds and heat are too much for me.
Because the August/September period is the slowest theme park time left, even if it is still busy. The rest of the year the parks are packed, even in January for the most part now (due to the marathon, MLK weekend, Potter Celebration, etc)

Attendance is continuing to go down and Disney foresees it to continue this trend.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Attendance is continuing to go down and Disney foresees it to continue this trend.
This is true and they want it to go down. On their recent earnings call, they said attendance was down, but everything else up. They even mentioned cuts in the parks.

Basically, their higher park price strategy is working how they want it too. Charge more = less guests, but higher revenue. At least, it's working for now.

Reactions: UNIrd
This is true and they want it to go down. On their recent earnings call, they said attendance was down, but everything else up. They even mentioned cuts in the parks.

Basically, their higher park price strategy is working how they want it too. Charge more = less guests, but higher revenue. At least, it's working for now.

Funny thing is the increase in spendin is actually lower than the increases in pricing. Ooops

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
Well this sucks, I actually quite enjoy Dinosaur. With this and Rivers of Light being delayed, I think I'll be skipping the park all together as it would be a complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.