Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... Dinorama is staying for another 20 years?
Pandora doesn't have to make back all of it's money, the numbers they are looking at is the draw that are coming throughout the day/night and increase in visitors. They know they won't be making back what they spent on this land anytime soon.

Either way, I wouldn't dismiss this rumor as it seems to be gaining traction.

I don't even know how I feel about Dinoland anymore.

When I went the first time, before I was involved in the community, I didn't have any opinions about Dinoland. I was at Disney World, I wasn't in the mood to complain. When I started reading around, I hated Dinoland because it's Dinoland. After a while, I began to begrudgingly appreciate Dinoland because there's a surprising amount of theming buried in the land. And now, I don't know what to think. It's been such a long time since I've been to Dinoland myself that I don't know my feelings about Dinoland.

But, Disney seems to do well with AK additions, so I guess I'm all for it.

EDIT: I sound weirdly ambivalent about Dinoland here. All I'm saying is that my opinions on Dinoland are fueled entirely by the community's hatred of it. I'm all for new stuff in AK

Last edited:
It's about time this area got some love. Weirdly, I was watching a dinosaur POV earlier this evening and I think it's probably the most under appreciated ride in all of Disney.
It's one of my favorite Disney attractions. They did a nice refurb on it and most of the broken effects were fixed or replaced by screens. It really reminds me more of a Universal attraction than a Disney ride since it has a lot of thrill and the vehicles thrash you around a lot. The only thing I don't care much for is the main dinosaur AA. It looks really cartoonish.

Strangely, I could see them easily change it to a southern american village.

It'd be the easiest way of replacing Dinoland, and still incorporating the animal life seen in many of the lands within Animal Kingdom.

Hell, I could see that even ready by the 50th, depending on if Avatar is successful.

Mr. Rohde actually talked about wanting to update Dinoland USA awhile back on his Instagram.

I always did think about updating that one raptor AA at the beginning of DINOSAUR to make it more scientifically accurate, with feathers and all. Speaking of which, WDW1974 had this to say on the Dinoland subject:

A Spirited Valentine ... | Page 212 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

As to Dinoland or more apt, Dinorama and the space available around it, nothing has been firmly approved ... BUT ... providing Pandora does the trick and actually turns DAK into the 'full day park' that it really has been all the time, except for people who want to ride Space Mountain 13 times in a day, it is very likely. As to what will happen, plans can (and do) change. But what is likely is Disney resurrecting a name from the past, using a concept from another park in the past that was never built, and updating it with new tech and some old friends.

The "using a concept from another park in the past that was never built" intrigues me, but "Resurrecting a name from the past" sounds like renaming DINOSAUR back to Countdown to Extinction, and "updating it with new tech and some old friends" sounds like the recycling of the Universe of Energy Dinosaur AAs.

The "using a concept from another park in the past that was never built" intrigues me, but "Resurrecting a name from the past" sounds like renaming DINOSAUR back to Countdown to Extinction, and "updating it with new tech and some old friends" sounds like the recycling of the Universe of Energy Dinosaur AAs.
What i find interesting is the "concept from another park that was never used". What are they referring to?

Whatever kills that pile of junk I will approve of.

agreed!

I hope they would at least update the insides of those AAs with more fluid movements, which would make sense if "updating it with new tech and some old friends" is intended to mean a singular statement, but I don't think they are.

EDIT:
Mr. Rohde actually talked about wanting to update Dinoland USA awhile back on his Instagram.

I always did think about updating that one raptor AA at the beginning of DINOSAUR to make it more scientifically accurate, with feathers and all. Speaking of which, WDW1974 had this to say on the Dinoland subject:

A Spirited Valentine ... | Page 212 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Also, Rohde was spotted on Dinosaur not too long ago, I'm guessing around the same time as this IG post of his (April 25)

Last edited:
If they seriously update Dinosaur and replace the AAs with feathered ones I'm going to crack up. Scientifically accurate, yes, but man that'll look goofy. Sorry Rohde, it's true.

Also the Carnotaurus looks like that because that's how they looked in the film. CTX debuted as such, but I believe the projects went hand-in-hand and they eventually changed the title.

I think he was realizing it then and there, and took that time to share his "moment of clarity". Not that he was singling out one dino over the other.
Definitely, I was just poking fun at Disney's initial decision to use a Carnotaur instead of a T. rex in the film to set itself apart from Jurassic Park. Should have used a smilie :lol:

In seriousness though, I know I'm in the 1% on this but I'd love to see a major company like Disney renovate their depictions of dinosaurs and bring them into modern understandings. The public's perception of dinosaurs are based on the media they're give. So updating that image could change people's ideas. For example, before Jurassic Park, many people still thought of dinosaurs as "slow moving and stupid" animals.

What i find interesting is the "concept from another park that was never used". What are they referring to?

Put me down for "Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy" :lol:

But seriously, just grabbing some names with total disregard for space:
  • Western River Expedition
  • Jungle Jeep Expedition Co.
  • Raging Spirits
  • Godzilla Bullet Train
  • Fire Mountain
  • Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition
Now, it could be a totally unreleased concept we've never heard of. But to varying degrees I could see any one of these.

"From another park that was never built"

Beastly Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.