New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The land still available at the end of the canal could also accommodate a water park. This would make seance that guests of the higher end hotels could take a boat ride to the water park, while guests of the value park would be able to walk across the street.

It probably could, but isn't that land part of an agreement with Loews for a 5th hotel?

It probably could, but isn't that land part of an agreement with Loews for a 5th hotel?

I was not saying that a hotel could not go there, only that a water park could. Either would be physically possible. They are in the middle of building the 4th hotel, the specifics of a 5th are not set in stone.

I can't wait for details or hints on this to start leaking out. Pretty excited about it!

Btw, hello everyone! Been lurking for some time but decided to join in on the fun

I wonder if they're thinking about taking out WnW or just adding a new water park. I don't see why they can't just leave WnW as their lower-end water park, and build a new higher-end water park. I wanna see Universal bring a water park that is immersive, highly detailed, and innovative... sort of following in their own theme-park footsteps.

PS: Welcome to OU, ranremixed! :wave:

Last edited:
thank you! excited to be here :wave:

Wet N Wild has so much brand recognition with Orlando tourists. I wonder if they plan on getting rid of it all together or keep it in some capacity as you mentioned

Last edited:
I wonder if they're thinking about taking out WnW or just adding a new water park. I don't see why they can't just leave WnW as their lower-end water park, and build a new higher-end water park. I wanna see Universal bring a water park that is immersive, highly detailed, and innovative... sort of following in their own theme-park footsteps.

There's no way they keep Wet'n'Wild IMO. It's and old, ugly, outdated dinosaur that has a bad reputation.

I agree that WnW needs to be axed. Even though it does have its historical significance, not everything should be preserved, especially if that thing is a pretty mediocre water park. The best way to honor its memory is to make it give way to something truly amazing that would benefit both Universal and I-Drive long-term.

I wonder if they could fill in most of the WnW pond that is currently present. The area doesn't require that much detention pond and that property would be somewhat valuable for a hotel. Dump the water park altogether.

I don't agree there. They want to keep people wanting to go to a water park in house, and right now the most appealing option for Universal hotel guests is Aquatica.

I completely agree with you. Many Uni guests looking for a Waterpark seem to choose Aquatica over Wet N Wild.

Being the historical first true Waterpark, I'd like to see its memory preserved, but give way to a far larger, far more elaborate and lush Waterpark. Universal could knock the socks off of Disneys waterparks... Imagine what would happen if they built this and in their first year they pass both Typhoon and Blizzard to become the most visited Waterpark in the world?

I wonder if they could fill in most of the WnW pond that is currently present. The area doesn't require that much detention pond and that property would be somewhat valuable for a hotel. Dump the water park altogether.

The pond/lake is not entirely part of the land WnW is on, the water/property rights are split two or three ways, if I remember correctly. WnW's part extends out to their barriers in the water and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.