New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Market saturation.

Not to mention no one wants a "lower-end" anything. Look at how Universal designers have been talking about Cabana Bay. They don't want to call it a Value Resort, and are clearly worried it will be compared to Disney's craptastic values. They've gone to great lengths to distance the hotel from those models. Universal's new management clearly wants to clean up the "ghetto" image of their water park.

Not to mention no one wants a "lower-end" anything. Look at how Universal designers have been talking about Cabana Bay. They don't want to call it a Value Resort, and are clearly worried it will be compared to Disney's craptastic values. They've gone to great lengths to distance the hotel from those models. Universal's new management clearly wants to clean up the "ghetto" image of their water park.

And they will by offering guests a unique experience at a new park so to speak..

The only reason I bring up the possibility of keeping WnW is because of its recognizable name, and because a lot of people do visit it (may it be for the price or for whatever reason).

Personally speaking, I'm with everyone who doesn't want anything to do with WnW, even if it stays. I went to WnW once, but after going to Aquatica, I never even considered returning to WnW. Nowadays, if I'm going to a water park, it's gonna be Aquatica. That is... until Universal builds a new state-of-the-art themed water park :thumbs:

I don't think Universal will keep the WnW name, as they probably wouldn't want people thinking that it has a connection to all those other water parks also called WnW for now on.

From what I understand, WnW is going to become a multi hotel, shopping, dining, and entertainment complex connected to the existing resort via monorail.

The only reason I bring up the possibility of keeping WnW is because of its recognizable name, and because a lot of people do visit it (may it be for the price or for whatever reason).

Personally speaking, I'm with everyone who doesn't want anything to do with WnW, even if it stays. I went to WnW once, but after going to Aquatica, I never even considered returning to WnW. Nowadays, if I'm going to a water park, it's gonna be Aquatica. That is... until Universal builds a new state-of-the-art themed water park :thumbs:

As shabby as it is compared to Orlando's other offerings, I love the hell out of Wet N Wild. Is it kinda dirty and ghetto? For sure--but that gives it its charm. I don't go there to be wow'd, I go there to have fun on what's honestly the best collection of water slides in the East. I don't really take my family there either, it's more of an adult's day out sort of place, and I really love it for that.

I personally would be sad to see it go but I understand it's just a guilty pleasure. Anything Universal would do would obviously be leagues better.

I love how you all say Wet N Wild is ghetto. By any other Waterpark in the United States standards, it's a top tier park. The fact that it is in Orlando nearby to the three most visited waterparks in the world(which I may add are all much newer that WnW) is what truly brings its reputation down.

Theyve done a whole heck of a lot since 1998 to update and spruce up the park...replaced much of the concrete walkways, updated the changing facilities, remodeled restaurants and snack stands, added new shade structures, complete remodel of the Wavepool and Lazy River, aesthetic updates to Bubba Tub and the Surge, built a new kids play area, rethemed the Black Hole and the Blast, and added Disco H2O, the Storm, and Brain Wash.

My first visit was in 2001 and I can honestly see some major improvemet.

Now that that's all said, I can't wait for a highly themed state of the art Waterpark from Universal to replace it!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Ok, ghetto is not the best word, but for the Orlando market, it is the least appealing water park. There's a disconnect with all the other attractions in Orlando. It really feels like a lesser quality experience from the options in Orlando. And it's all due to the atmosphere of the park. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.