New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I am thinking, and they can make the bridges feel like just part of the park.

Here is an aerial that includes more of the surroundings. I am pondering if Uni acquires some more of the neighboring parcels. :meditate:

wetandwildarial.png

A way to travel from one side to another and really make it feel like a park?

https://twitter.com/hatetofly/status/411739924694839296/photo/1

Plus the garden/eco bridge?

Use the bottom of the red boxes for a multilevel (6-7) garage, maybe a little more land in the other red area. Then you fill in some of that water for more land. I dont believe they truly need many offices on site seeing as they can travel fast from the resort to WnW. Maybe a few rooms and emergency room for accidents. But nothing major. If it can work that way I believe they have plenty of room to make the first waterpark to be considered a third gate

- - - Updated - - -

A few hotels sit on the lake that Wet n Wild sits on...if thats where said waterpark is going to go its mot going to be a very immersive place...

Also, what would they do about the traffic situation? You can build all the garages you want but if the roads surrounding you cant support it, its no good. Assuming Universal would not only build a bigger waterpark but also more of a headliner than Wet N Wild, there would need to be a lot more space for traffic. I-Drive is already miserable and Universal Blvd is two narrow lanes. Theyre going to have to think of some big ways to improve the roads if this is going to be the case--traffic was one of the main reasons Orlando Thrill Park never passed.

I understand but I think this is the least of their worries. I believe first they need to decided where the parking garage wil be located. Of course it will be easier to keep it as is, but that takes up too much land and a multilevel garage will be overall better. A garage on the bottom red area will be perfect. The road that is parallel to it to the right can be extended to lead into the parking garage and then they leave north of the garage into the right hand side (red parcel on top) which can be the entrance of the park.

If it was up to me, the hint HTF gave about the water ride despicable me can be used as a transportation system from the red to the blue area, which would be an extension into wet n wild (however they update it)

This is exciting. But. "WONDERSEA ISLAND" (if that's what they go with) is a bad name for a water park at UO because it will cause a lot of confusion among tourists.

"Islands of Adventure and Wondersea Island are different places?!"
"Is Wondersea Island IN Islands of Adventure?"
"Where is Islands of Wondersea?"
etc.

If Yas was built for $250 million and on compare able size land I think we are in for a real treat here. I just hope that they really theme it to the max and make this one for the ages. After looking at the pictures of Yas I am amazed at how well themed and executed it is considering the size of land they had to work with.

You can build all the garages you want but if the roads surrounding you cant support it, its no good.

Water parks are significantly less attended than the theme parks. Wet and Wild as is attracted 1.2 million, and even if a new water park miraculously increased Uni's water park attendance to Typhoon Lagoon levels, it would go up by less than a million people over the entire year. I think I-Drive can handle that.

Water parks are significantly less attended than the theme parks. Wet and Wild as is attracted 1.2 million, and even if a new water park miraculously increased Uni's water park attendance to Typhoon Lagoon levels, it would go up by less than a million people over the entire year. I think I-Drive can handle that.

Or, Universal changes the standard of what a water park can be and deliver something we didnt see coming, maybe attendance goes up by 3 million

Or, Universal changes the standard of what a water park can be and deliver something we didnt see coming, maybe attendance goes up by 3 million

You can polish a turd but it's still a turd. Waterparks have a limited draw and always will. Even TL and BB get inflated mostly by being in the bubble.

Then that begs the question why bother? Do you realize how much work would go into gutting Wet N Wild, having it cross the street, adding a parking garage, etc. just for 1.2 million people a year?

Then that begs the question why bother? Do you realize how much work would go into gutting Wet N Wild, having it cross the street, adding a parking garage, etc. just for 1.2 million people a year?

I'd say reputation dictates they redo it significantly. It has a bad reputation of being a "ghetto" park that doesn't match well with Comcast's image. That alone is reason to put money into it.

I'd say reputation dictates they redo it significantly. It has a bad reputation of being a "ghetto" park that doesn't match well with Comcast's image. That alone is reason to put money into it.

True, but I would think that with all the land Universal has acquired, the Wet N Wild plot still seems the worst for a new waterpark.

They have owned Wet N Wild for a while I thought...

They owned wet n wild but not the land which it resides on

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, that's not going to happen.

We will see what happens. I understand the possibilities of that are slim, but ever since uni opened they have pushed the definition of what an attraction can be to new limits. They innovate, and I expect to see that in this new park. They have already put in some intense patents for innovative ideas

I'm not saying they won't innovate. I'm sure they will.

I'm saying a 3 million person attendance increase is ludicrous to predict, considering that's more than a million more than the highest attended park gets yearly.

My issue with this lot is just how disconnected it feels from the main resort. While people are suggesting monorails, etc, there is still tons of land that needs to be aquired. Like what about the land between Wet N' Wild and Royal Pacific? It would great if they can acquire, demolish, and then reroute some of the roads. Thats the one thing disney has up on Universal, and thats tons of land thats undeveloped.

More than anything, adding a well themed waterpark to their mix of parks makes Universal even more of a multi-day destination like Disney, and that is where the real money/profits are. Chances are an enlarged/better waterpark will draw 1.5-2 million guests, but figure a large percentage of those guests will be multi-day tickets and staying in the Universal hotels for the perks of staying onsite just like Disney guests. They then up their occupancy rate and expand their hotels even more. That has been the focus of all of their earnings calls is how many more rooms they can add because (just like Disney found) that is really reliable profit generation.

As for connecting the properties, just like Disney, you run bus service and other kinds of shuttles. I keep picturing them adding a fleet of trams that look like the iconic studio tour trams from Hollywood.

My issue with this lot is just how disconnected it feels from the main resort. While people are suggesting monorails, etc, there is still tons of land that needs to be aquired. Like what about the land between Wet N' Wild and Royal Pacific? It would great if they can acquire, demolish, and then reroute some of the roads. Thats the one thing disney has up on Universal, and thats tons of land thats undeveloped.

It is disconnected, but I couldn't imagine them being able to reroute/demolish any of those roads besides Universal Blvd. I-4, I-Drive, and Kirkman are all too big of roads to even contemplate a reroute I would think. Even if they could, it would shoot them in the foot until all of that work could actually be done because those are their main entries to the park.

It is disconnected, but I couldn't imagine them being able to reroute/demolish any of those roads besides Universal Blvd. I-4, I-Drive, and Kirkman are all too big of roads to even contemplate a reroute I would think. Even if they could, it would shoot them in the foot until all of that work could actually be done because those are their main entries to the park.

That has already been done when they built UNIVERSAL BOULEVARD which was designed to connect the two sections of the property.

That has already been done when they built UNIVERSAL BOULEVARD which was designed to connect the two sections of the property.

I vaguely remember them adding in the Universal ramp but this would need to be something on a much larger scale wouldn't it?

The way things are setup, the bus platform at the parking rotunda serves as a central station hub to get to any satellite properties. The people who designed that bus platform had the idea that some sort of bus/tram to connect the other properties would eventually be running from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.