New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are setup, the bus platform at the parking rotunda serves as a central station hub to get to any satellite properties. The people who designed that bus platform had the idea that some sort of bus/tram to connect the other properties would eventually be running from there.

Going back to when they built the 2nd gate they knew what needed to be done if they ever wanted to expand again. Having satellite properties was always part of the equation. Like you said they would not just be slapping this together.

I did want to note that most of the surrounding properties are hotels. What do you do if you want to buy property currently occupied by functioning hotels? Build a huge hotel even closer to the action. Flooding the area with "value" rooms can be a big help with the acquisition of additional property.

As was said earlier Uni was leasing the land underneath Wet and Wild and they recently purchased the land. In the south east there is a road running between, but Uni owns both sides. It could easily be vacated (combined with their property) if need be, or possibly it could be left for back of house services.

I did want to note that most of the surrounding properties are hotels. What do you do if you want to buy property currently occupied by functioning hotels? Build a huge hotel even closer to the action. Flooding the area with "value" rooms can be a big help with the acquisition of additional property.

I had not thought it through like this. 1800 rooms and suites seems like a kick in the pants to me.

I think the real indicator of a new water park will be the Kirkman extension actually happening. Traffic over there is a very serious issue, and it can't handle much more. Universal Blvd. will be seeing a large increase in traffic with I-Drive Live, eating into the current excess traffic handling, and any additional load will likely start to push the issue. The poor planning and lot layouts of I-Drive early on and through its rapid development are starting to show in ugly ways now, with solutions that are mostly messy, ugly, and very expensive.

i'd say the only solution to all these traffic issues is a transportation system although that would surley fall under the costly category mentioned above :idea2:

after looking at the area surrounding Wet N Wild i cant help but to notice what a dump it is, there are hotels and shops that could use a complete demolition and rebuild makes me wonder if the places that look so rundown can be affordable enough for universal to acquire. The Visitors circle and the hotel next to it (behind the walgreens) need urgent upgrades and some one mentioned this earlier in the thread and i couldnt agree more the minigolf place right next to the wet n wild along with what looks abandoned shops would add alot of realty to the park.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zh75gR4nQHSk.ksXL90AEJgN8 ** You'll need a Google account to view my ludicrous ideas lol

Last edited:
i'd say the only solution to all these traffic issues is a transportation system although that would surley fall under the costly category mentioned above :idea2:

after looking at the area surrounding Wet N Wild i cant help but to notice what a dump it is, there are hotels and shops that could use a complete demolition and rebuild makes me wonder if the places that look so rundown can be affordable enough for universal to acquire. The Visitors circle and the hotel next to it (behind the walgreens) need urgent upgrades and some one mentioned this earlier in the thread and i couldnt agree more the minigolf place right next to the wet n wild along with what looks abandoned shops would add alot of realty to the park.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zh75gR4nQHSk.ksXL90AEJgN8 ** You'll need a Google account to view my ludicrous ideas lol

Thank you for agreeing :wave:

Give it time, I believe this is what we are going to see

- 1800 Value rooms on property plus the expansion in between Cabana bay will drive a huge portion from I-drive crap hotels to one property between 2014 early 2016. With the construction going on at wet n/ wild and all the noise, even more people are going to be driven away from I drive.
- Next Universal will begin to buy surrounding properties in order to build a citywalk 2.0/ or retail shopping plaza (like the nice one near ripleys and the one on sand lake) with a few more value hotels in order to make a off site resort/leisure area

Cabana Bay may just be used for a reason we never expected

Like I have said before... Fill in the black area that is in the water, but the green plot of land and use the eco/green bridge to get from the multilevel parking facility to the water park. I wouldnt be surprised if getting from the parking to the park they use a "underwater trolley" with the same screens used for HE but designed towards despicable me (HTF post).

As for transportation, they will do something reasonable or creative bc I can see this being a part of an annual pass deal or 3 day ticket.

By 2016 all parks should be full day parks.

If the goal of a campaign was to work in an organized or active manner to achieve a particular goal then what would be the Election Day??

Wasn't there some post on this site at one time about a survey asking about themed shuttle buses to a water park?

Maybe they start off by moving WnW parking to the parking garages at UOR and then start building at WnW's current parking (as another has suggested).

I'm not sure how much of UOR's parking capacity is used over the summer (when the water park would be busiest), but if there is unused capacity, it might make sense to use UOR for parking and provide transport to and from parking/water park.

If the goal of a campaign was to work in an organized or active manner to achieve a particular goal then what would be the Election Day??

i just muted the heat game to give this some thought (pretty big deal) 0__0 lol

thinking........ ..... .... .. . aw i got nothing >:[

decision day.. dooms day... determination day.. d day :bang:

- - - Updated - - -

decision day.. dooms day... determination day.. d day :bang: yes i'm lost only election i can think of is presidential elections (like everyone has mentioned)

How much farther is it from the transportation hub to WnW is it than King's Cross to Hogsmeade Station? And isn't that straight down Universal Blvd? How hard would it to be to theme one (or 2) of those El Cable Cars to look like a 21st century MVII$

How much farther is it from the transportation hub to WnW is it than King's Cross to Hogsmeade Station? And isn't that straight down Universal Blvd? How hard would it to be to theme one (or 2) of those El Cable Cars to look like a 21st century MVII$

I see this as a perfect pop to do a monorail type of transportation in order to create a "preliminary trial" run with the city so that they can better prepare for when they want to connect their current property with the property they will have in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.