New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that Universal Blvd. was built that it was specifically for Universal as a way of connecting their properties (the existing with the rest of the Lockheed site), and when it was done if:

-There was a specific plan for connecting transportation (monorail, etc.)
-If so, what the route planned for it was
-If so, does that route still exist or would it require modification now with other development along the way

My suspicion is that there was some plan/idea in place for a monorail or other elevated transit system between the two properties and it still exits as some kind of easement that follows Universal Blvd, probably utilizing the center green area in the parkway section allowing for development of the system in the future.

It's a nice mental picture envisioning a transit system running down the center of Universal Boulevard from the existing hub at the parking lot down to another hub across from the Convention Center.
Yeah, I've always kinda assumed that the original plan was to have the resort extend all the way to the end of Universal Blvd., using it as its primary road, as well as a place for some form of elevated track to run through.

We've been talking about the rumors for pages. :bonk:
Rumors... Ive heard all those same things, but It sounds like some people on here know more than just rumors...that's the stuff I'm wanting to hear. Types of slides/rides, themes being used, size of the park, unique/one-of-a-kind attractions...stuff like that!

Rumors... Ive heard all those same things, but It sounds like some people on here know more than just rumors...that's the stuff I'm wanting to hear. Types of slides/rides, themes being used, size of the park, unique/one-of-a-kind attractions...stuff like that!

Cant man, soem people do know more but if they share they wont be trusted with new information. More information will come in time!

the only thing I would love to know is whether or not we should still expect a 2016 opening date

You've been spoiled by HTF. :wave:

That info is clearly not going to be given out to the vast majority of people.

Keep in mind that the city/county are working on either 1 or two separate train systems to connect too and or circulate international drive area as well.
Just figured I'd throw that in there.

There is also a very large model being sculpted in one of the soundstages at 1":1' scale. Between you and me, that is huge; a 125' structure would execute to 10.5' tall on such a model. It is suspected that the subject of this thread is what this model is for. Old guard here, think about the 1998 model for IOA. That was probably only 1/4":1' scale.

Also, in the same building, behind a giant partition is another project being fleshed out and the project is considered very secret. I won't mention here what that project is presumed to be but I will tell you that you already know about it.

So, both of the above are secret, but one far more than the other as it is called super-secret. You decide.

From a conversation I had on twitter with HTF

Duffles: have u heard of a supersecret model being built in one of the sound studios at Uni? Not the waterpark model but something else.

Duffles: wanted to ask you what you think it could be. LOTR, Lockheed land, etc.

HTF: No Comment...

I believe he knows something! and if he does this doesnt mean nag him until he tells us. He would if he could and he will when he can. Its just fun to speculate! But for my money, something is going on in the lockheed land, if the model is as big as teebin says then it has to be for a game changer

Place bets on the model being the second resort with the water park, 3rd gate and hotel. If it's bigger than the IOA model and takes up a soundstage then I'm almost positive it's all of that and not just the water park. Uni is going far into the future

Place bets on the model being the second resort with the water park, 3rd gate and hotel. If it's bigger than the IOA model and takes up a soundstage then I'm almost positive it's all of that and not just the water park. Uni is going far into the future

water park is considered the third gate since they are adding interactive queues, pre shows, regular rides (log flumes, raft rides, maybe a water coaster of some sort) shows. etc.

Check out yas waterworld to have a better idea of the scope of the project, then make it more like a regular park
http://yaswaterworld.com/en

"Bigger model" doesn't mean bigger project. The scale is what is bigger here. Read Teebin's post again. The scale they used to build the model automatically makes it bigger than IoA.

"Bigger model" doesn't mean bigger project. The scale is what is bigger here. Read Teebin's post again. The scale they used to build the model automatically makes it bigger than IoA.

This is true, but even at that scale, what kind of model would take up the room of a whole sound stage?

Oh my bad, then yeah probably the water park. I'm insanely curious to see the size and scope of this park and how it might or might not work. The fact that they are going to add actual water rides in the park is pretty exciting but have you ever went on a rapids ride wearing nothing but your bathing suit? It kind of uncomfortable, hopefully they add extra padding or something so it isn't as rough. Another thing is the lines, standing out in a giant themed queue wearing nothing but a bathing suit is also kind of a strange concept to me. Plus it might not be open year round so that sucks. But here's my question, with this new park coming out do you think we will not get any new water rides for the 4th gate or added onto the other two? Possibly the removal of toon lagoon?

Oh my bad, then yeah probably the water park. I'm insanely curious to see the size and scope of this park and how it might or might not work. The fact that they are going to add actual water rides in the park is pretty exciting but have you ever went on a rapids ride wearing nothing but your bathing suit? It kind of uncomfortable, hopefully they add extra padding or something so it isn't as rough. Another thing is the lines, standing out in a giant themed queue wearing nothing but a bathing suit is also kind of a strange concept to me. Plus it might not be open year round so that sucks. But here's my question, with this new park coming out do you think we will not get any new water rides for the 4th gate or added onto the other two? Possibly the removal of toon lagoon?

Thats a difficult question to answer

- - - Updated - - -

Great guess actually,

like I said before, Unless officials are finally ready to do whatever they can to stop pollution, this better be indoors.

This is correct. If they built a model of WDW's Tower of Terror 1":1' scale, it would be a 16.5' model. That is the nearly the height of a two story office building. It is my understanding that they need the soundstage more for the height than anything else. The sculptors have, at times, been heard venting/exclaiming about something... but I do not feel at liberty to say what.

I will say that I am not sure whether I am excited about it or not. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.