New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were a project for the Lockheed Martin property it would be super-secret at this point :pray:

No, At this point an expansion on the MIB KZ land or coming of LOTR is secret enough, everyone knows a waterpark is coming, none of us, other than a few who cant say anything, know whats coming After that

I would say KZ or MIB area, the reason being is that since they have that unused land by Men in Black, it is a better use of space to use that are that is being unused rather than take out 2 rides that do get a good fill in the summer. That would just make other ride lines longer and truly is bad for efficiency. Plus, since they are moving towards IOA optimization with JP and Kong, and some other things they will then revert back to Uni, UNLESS they take 1 year off from both to create the water park. But after Kong my Bet is Waterpark and going back to USO

I think Comcast is firing on all cylinders right now so until 2019/2020 - I don't think they're going to stop the construction.

Even after Kong and the JP expansion, Toon Lagoon is looking to be rethemed/replaced in the near future.

Lost Continent desperately needs an anchor attraction to draw guests in (potential reworking of the solid amount of backstage space behind PF and Sinbad is likely).

Seuss still needs some depth in terms of family rides (not just flat rides) and they need to make the Seuss Trolley all-ages. A full-scale yearround show, a family (Big Thunder sized) coaster, and another all-ages dark ride would be PERFECT!

Marvel is a conundrum that Comcast will eventually want to deal with (Dr. Doom is a massive eyesore and the Hulk could use some upgrades) and may consider re-theming if Disney gives them enough reason

Even JP could use a fixing of Pternaodon Flyers and some TLC for the Discovery Center (which might be coming).

The jr. wooden coaster and flat ride in the Triceratops plot is the beginning of the lovefest on IOA. The park has only gotten one major addition in 15 years (granted, it was 2/3 complete after Flying Unicorn and Storm Force were added, then decreased once the Skipper Tours and TE were removed) so a few are likely in the last 5-7 yrs.

USF will probably take a break after Potter until the double-whammy of KidZone revamp and the MIB/Springfield plot project open.

I think Comcast is firing on all cylinders right now so until 2019/2020 - I don't think they're going to stop the construction.

Even after Kong and the JP expansion, Toon Lagoon is looking to be rethemed/replaced in the near future.

Lost Continent desperately needs an anchor attraction to draw guests in (potential reworking of the solid amount of backstage space behind PF and Sinbad is likely).

Seuss still needs some depth in terms of family rides (not just flat rides) and they need to make the Seuss Trolley all-ages. A full-scale yearround show, a family (Big Thunder sized) coaster, and another all-ages dark ride would be PERFECT!

Marvel is a conundrum that Comcast will eventually want to deal with (Dr. Doom is a massive eyesore and the Hulk could use some upgrades) and may consider re-theming if Disney gives them enough reason

Even JP could use a fixing of Pternaodon Flyers and some TLC for the Discovery Center (which might be coming).

The jr. wooden coaster and flat ride in the Triceratops plot is the beginning of the lovefest on IOA. The park has only gotten one major addition in 15 years (granted, it was 2/3 complete after Flying Unicorn and Storm Force were added, then decreased once the Skipper Tours and TE were removed) so a few are likely in the last 5-7 yrs.

USF will probably take a break after Potter until the double-whammy of KidZone revamp and the MIB/Springfield plot project open.

Kong and JP will be first on the list, obviously. I dont see Suess or LC being touched before KZ.

Last edited:

I don't see a re-theming of Marvel for a long, long time. As much as we talk about Potter, Marvel is every bit as hot if not hotter of a brand. Unfortunately, the area was done before the peak of it's success as of late, but it is still a major draw and sells merchandise easily. Disney is going to have to pay up an insane amount of money, maybe throw in more to get Universal to consider doing away with. Doom being an eyesore (I don't think it is that bad, HRRR is 100x worse) and any potential issues with Hulk are way towards the bottom of things Universal should worry about soon.

oh man we had such a great convo going and now no one is adding input!

That is because we are at a precipice. I ain't gonna offer any more on these two subjects or a few other threads that people are dreamy dreaming about other upcoming things. My hints are PMs for a time to come. And they're 'super secret'! :wave:

That is because we are at a precipice. I ain't gonna offer any more on these two subjects or a few other threads that people are dreamy dreaming about other upcoming things. My hints are PMs for a time to come. And they're 'super secret'! :wave:
Yes, that's the classic, always leave your audience wanting more. Bravo....Heh, we always need something in the future to talk about. Can't use all the ammo now, keep the powder dry.

Super secret as in super silly fun land?

that is because we are at a precipice. I ain't gonna offer any more on these two subjects or a few other threads that people are dreamy dreaming about other upcoming things. My hints are pms for a time to come. And they're 'super secret'! :wave:

tell me your secrets!

The super secret project is most likely either for Toon Lagoon or the MIB/Springfield plot. Either way, I'm just ready for someone to give some concrete news to talk about!

Kong is about to be concrete...literally! That thread is also dead. Let's at least enjoy that project for a while.

I hear cars land and all I think is F&F (We know they are taking action on this IP since we see permits filed in hollywood for such attractions). And if it is F&F, I dont care if it surpasses carsland, does it surpass Test Track? sorry, elaborating on some thoughts.

Fast and Furious in Hollywood is not going to be something to write home about. Don't get too excited.

Cars Land is already better than Test Track. Test Track is awful.

The "will surpass Cars Land" has to do with rock work, I'm sure, not having to do with cars.

Fast and Furious in Hollywood is not going to be something to write home about. Don't get too excited.

The "will surpass Cars Land" has to do with rock work, I'm sure, not having to do with cars.

Rock work? Trying to think of franchises with rockwork... Lord of the Rings has some of note :look: :lol: this is such a tease!

Of course it wont be, since its on the studio tram and not a whole new attraction, point is that they made a move on the IP (finally)

I like TT, never been on cars, and if it has to do with rock work then I have much to ponder

Rock work? Trying to think of franchises with rockwork... Lord of the Rings has some of note :look: :lol: this is such a tease!

It could be a number of things...but in really curious to see some bigtime rock work from Uni Creative. They did a good job on the Jurassic Park area, and the same on what they did on the Hogwarts show building.

Lets see them take it to the next level!

- - - Updated - - -

Could the rock work also have to deal with the water park? I'm liking the idea of mixing both Waterpark attractions with amusement rides...as long as they're things like a river rapids ride, log flume, water coaster, or a splash battle ride.

Could be some awesome concepts coming our way!

Hi HateToFly. Your location gave it away as you always put hints in your location. 430 is another project number being worked on everyone. So we have to call you Lord from now on?

One thing that leads me to believe this isn't HTF is that the darklord listed all his camera gear along with some rather pricey lenses in the "what do you shoot with" thread and I know for a fact HTF isn't shooting with that expensive glass :lol:

I don't see a re-theming of Marvel for a long, long time. As much as we talk about Potter, Marvel is every bit as hot if not hotter of a brand. Unfortunately, the area was done before the peak of it's success as of late, but it is still a major draw and sells merchandise easily. Disney is going to have to pay up an insane amount of money, maybe throw in more to get Universal to consider doing away with. Doom being an eyesore (I don't think it is that bad, HRRR is 100x worse) and any potential issues with Hulk are way towards the bottom of things Universal should worry about soon.

I know... but the point is that IOA and USF aren't going to see a break from any NEW improvements/attractions for some time. And IOA has plenty of aspects they can fix while the 3rd gate/water park is being built.

Personally, Dr. Doom suffers from being a lackluster ride much more than being an eyesore. It's an E-ticket in D-ticket clothing (the queue is way too nice for a standard drop tower)

Around 2019-2022, Marvel could be seen as the next area for improvements once every other area has gotten a freshening up

Status
Not open for further replies.