New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe "WonderSea Island" is an new waterpark island "inside" IOA (located in the expansion plot between RPR and CBBR) and is an "value added" option on top your your standard IOA admission.

Nah. Maybe?

Well, nothing will be as bad as the initial rollout of IOA in 1999 with "Universal Escape". That just confused the hell out of people, especially since it was the really primitive days of the internet.

Although considering how there are guests who show up at Adventure Island waterpark in Tampa wondering where Harry Potter is as well as showing up at DHS and asking where it is, I guess you can never underestimate how dumb guests are.

It never ceases to amaze me how stubbornly ignorant some tourists can be. Such as when you search, "Harry Potter Theme Park" you will literally find dozens of web sites talking about the new park at Disney World that is entirely devoted to Harry Potter, or when you go to the parks and hear people being utterly amazed that there are two parks haha.

It never ceases to amaze me how stubbornly ignorant some tourists can be. Such as when you search, "Harry Potter Theme Park" you will literally find dozens of web sites talking about the new park at Disney World that is entirely devoted to Harry Potter, or when you go to the parks and hear people being utterly amazed that there are two parks haha.

The question is who's job is it to inform, the company or the public themselves..

The question is who's job is it to inform, the company or the public themselves..

The answer is BOTH. If the company does a poor job of getting the message out there so the public can't find it, there's a big problem. Every time I look at what a brilliant design IoA and all of the Universal property is here in Orlando and I look back at the marketing materials produced to sell it, it makes me angry. IoA should have been a HUGE success but was not because people didn't get that it was something really new and unique. It was only with the introduction of Potter that people have finally started to realize how great it is and Universal as a resort as well. Finally (mostly through word of mouth) is Universal getting the respect it deserves from the broader world and not just theme park fans.

Had they been able to communicate the scope of IoA half as well as Thrillride did back then, Universal never would have had to sell all the expansion property because they would have continued with their plans to fill it all with more parks.

Reactions: natespf
Maybe "WonderSea Island" is an new waterpark island "inside" IOA (located in the expansion plot between RPR and CBBR) and is an "value added" option on top your your standard IOA admission.

Nah. Maybe?

Yeah, no. It's not that kind of party. It'll have its own gate.

Equally, IMHO. There's certain people who will always go into the Magic Kingdom asking where Potter and "that hotel ride" is, but UOE advertising was really obtuse.

Equally, IMHO. There's certain people who will always go into the Magic Kingdom asking where Potter and "that hotel ride" is, but UOE advertising was really obtuse.

Lol, I once was on the bus going to universal and there was a woman in front of me filling out a universal studios job application and I saw her write down that it was always her dream to work for Disney ...

I went to Wet N Wild yesterday for a quick little afternoon visit and we were surprised by how friendly the staff were! Every employee had a smile on their face and greeted us as we walked by. The last time I went was about a year ago and we had a pretty different experience...I'd like to think that theyre taking steps to seriously improve, as also evident by the new Aqua Drag Racers coming in. Couple that with the lack of major crowds, good operations and fun slides, and I personally hope Wet N Wild stays a while. Sure it still has problems but its fun and moving in the right direction. If you ask me Wondersea can go somewhere else.

Reactions: Journey_On
I went to Wet N Wild yesterday for a quick little afternoon visit and we were surprised by how friendly the staff were! Every employee had a smile on their face and greeted us as we walked by. The last time I went was about a year ago and we had a pretty different experience...I'd like to think that theyre taking steps to seriously improve, as also evident by the new Aqua Drag Racers coming in. Couple that with the lack of major crowds, good operations and fun slides, and I personally hope Wet N Wild stays a while. Sure it still has problems but its fun and moving in the right direction. If you ask me Wondersea can go somewhere else.

Wouldn't consider it a waste of valuable space? The returns of two water parks won't be great enough imo. One amazing water park can outperform wnw and bring in the desired crowd. Cost would be lower in one park than two

Wouldn't consider it a waste of valuable space? The returns of two water parks won't be great enough imo. One amazing water park can outperform wnw and bring in the desired crowd. Cost would be lower in one park than two

For me, waterparks dont need to be ridiculously-themed or extravagant. Waterparks dont typically give off the controlled environment vibe a super-themed park needs to pull off. People are walking around half-naked and covered in sun screen and sweat and water...sure, some theming is nice but nothing too crazy. And I feel like most guests would feel the same way.

IMO, Id rather keep Wet N Wild which is cheap, has low crowds, and focuses more on slides. I know that will be an unpopular opinion on here but Id be more than happy if Universal simply made cosmetic changes to WnW rather than level it completely and build a destination water park that will be expensive, crowded, and become an all-day ordeal to get done. Waterparks are best as afternoon visits rather than all-day affairs a la theme parks. Just my 2 cents.

For me, waterparks dont need to be ridiculously-themed or extravagant. Waterparks dont typically give off the controlled environment vibe a super-themed park needs to pull off. People are walking around half-naked and covered in sun screen and sweat and water...sure, some theming is nice but nothing too crazy. And I feel like most guests would feel the same way.

IMO, Id rather keep Wet N Wild which is cheap, has low crowds, and focuses more on slides. I know that will be an unpopular opinion on here but Id be more than happy if Universal simply made cosmetic changes to WnW rather than level it completely and build a destination water park that will be expensive, crowded, and become an all-day ordeal to get done. Waterparks are best as afternoon visits rather than all-day affairs a la theme parks. Just my 2 cents.

I agree in part with you, but also disagree. Yes, I think Wet N Wild should stay. It's the original Waterpark. But I also think Wondersea should be built(just somewhere else)and themed to the nines. What would be so wrong with having two very different waterparks? Disney has two and during the summer at least one of them always close to capacity. Wet N Wild wouldn't be as popular, but at least there would still be another Universal Waterpark to go to if Wondersea closed.

Also, I'd pay $50 happily for an awesome highly themed Waterpark. I wouldn't pay that for WNW. If Uni wants to bank on another Waterpark gate, I don't blame them for wanting to do something revolutionary. It could bring in tons more people, help round out the resort better, and get major recognition for being the best of the best of waterparks!

I really don't know where I stand with something like a cross between a theme park and a water park at this level. On one hand, it would allow for some really impressive ride mechanics and crowd control (tubing around between "lands"). On the other hand, I can't imagine not having access to my phone, money, and other pocketables in a place as large as USF or IOA.

As for WNW, it has been quite a long time since I have been there, but it always has seemed run down and not as nice as any of the other water parks. Maybe I need to make a return trip this summer.

Ok kids... toss out the idea of the new water park taking over Wet'n Wild. It isn't in the cards. Universal is building a brand new waterpark on the previously undeveloped property south of Cabana Bay. Thus the mega garden bridge. There will be no new parking lot built for this and transport will be by bus or foot from the main garages.

WS_zps28594815.jpg

And the leading proposed concept icon for WonderSea:

shutterstock_104304611.jpg

Proposed height: 160'-200'

I like the volcano idea....sorta makes me think it might have a theme similar to the Polynesian pool, only much better of course.

I seriously hope you aren't kidding, this is AWESOME!!! Oh my god it's so close to everything else and it gives you more reason to stay at cabana aswell!!! Consider me pumped :whoo: BTW the volcano sounds great, hopefully we could get a nighttime show with it too

Status
Not open for further replies.