New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Volcano icon the "Project Ring" that's been mentioned?

Also, how long of a walk would this approximately be from the current garages?

They could probably mix the story of cabana bay with wondersea. Maybe like a discovered island (wondersea) where the explorers found the space to be profitable to tourism and turned it into a waterpark and resort (cabana) kinda treading the line of typhoon lagoons story but uni can think of something

The Volcano icon the "Project Ring" that's been mentioned?

Also, how long of a walk would this approximately be from the current garages?

I estimate the walk to be about 20 min. I assume most would take the bus.

If true, it kinda meshes with the water park survey they sent out last year concerning transportation to a water park. This would really make Cabana a desirable destination for families, even without Express Passes. And, they don't have to waste limited valuable property space on a parking lot.

So the land that's been cleared directly in front/behind Cabana Bay, that would be the water park plot and not Hotel 5?

If true, it kinda meshes with the water park survey they sent out last year concerning transportation to a water park. This would really make Cabana a desirable destination for families, even without Express Passes. And, they don't have to waste limited valuable property space on a parking lot.

And remember... that parking lot was designed to be elevated vertically... at least one more floor.

like this???
typhoon-lagoon-address.jpg

Knee jerk reactions:

#1) Awesome.

#2) I'm concerned about size. That area doesn't look very big -- about the size of one, maybe two of IOA's islands. That's not very big, and it's jacked up against I-4. Maybe it will be a more intimate experience, like Discovery Cove. Regardless, I'm picking out my swimsuit now.

so... this was the rumor Parkscope and HTF we're talking... not suprised as this has been flowing but... Wow.

Not what we were talking about.

FWIW, that plot of land is listed as 31.5 acres on the property appraiser site. According to land guru maxairmike, there would be about 20 acres of useable land there. For reference, Aquatica takes up about 22 acres

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
You can make a great water park in that space. One of my faves, Dollywood's Splash Country, is about 20 acres too.

My mom has 20 acres and it's not covered in trees so it's easy to look across all of her land and see there should be plenty of space for many slides built into a volcano, wave pool, lazy river etc.

Yes, don't need a lot of space for water parks, especially without a parking lot. Heck, Universal Singapore entire Theme Park is only 60 some acres, but it has a lot of well themed attractions & a lake. If they skip a huge wave pool, that would be plenty of space for a state of the art themed water park. Great idea to keep people on site, especially with the family oriented hotels (Cabana, Cabana Towers? & Royal Pacific very close by (walking distance).

Status
Not open for further replies.