New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess but everybody is hyping this as a crazy third gate, I'm sure it'll be spectacular but still.

I think this is more in Theme Park Fan circles, not Joe Tourist.

I know plenty of people who are going to Orlando who don't know about: Potter Ph2, SDMT, FP+. Let alone a water park due in 2016 lol

I think this is more in Theme Park Fan circles, not Joe Tourist.

I know plenty of people who are going to Orlando who don't know about: Potter Ph2, SDMT, FP+. Let alone a water park due in 2016 lol
Yeah you are definitely right, I'm really excited guys. I'm really curious to see how universal can do a waterpark. Hopefully they find ways to make the lines less long/boring

Hmm.. My amateur googling brought up 56 acres for Typhoon and 66 for Blizzard. Not sure if that is counting parking lots, backstage, etc. There's tons of ways to spin the numbers. Lot size, space utilized, guest area, etc.

Yea, I've learned that companies seem to like to include backstage and parking lots in hyping their water park sizes. Aquatica is 58 acres with its parking lot and surrounding area, but the park itself is only 22 acres. Blizzard and Typhoon are about 24 each for just the parks.

I think the massive 'green bridge' just means that soommmmething is going there. Universal was able to convince the local government that there would be so many people crossing the street it would create traffic and safety hazards (its already a very congested area, especially with that highschool within a stone's throw). Now we just have to guess what's going in those spaces.

Google maps satellite view will provide a lot of insight on this. Its true, Wet 'n' Wild would fit perfectly into that small plot we're discussing. The plot of land to the right of CBBR also is huge and looks completely prepped for construction; so I'm guessing that's where the 5th hotel will go. But possibly this is the 3rd gate, well 3rd (dry) gate.

Its really surprising seeing the amount of space a waterpark can fit into. It makes the on-site hotels look like a waste of space! The entire wavepool of WNW can fit into the outdoor entry 'hub' of CBBR. That's insane!

Last edited:
I think the massive 'green bridge' just means that soommmmething is going there. Universal was able to convince the local government that there would be so many people crossing the street it would create traffic and safety hazards (its already a very congested area, especially with that highschool within a stone's throw). Now we just have to guess what's going in those spaces.

Google maps satellite view will provide a lot of insight on this. Its true, Wet 'n' Wild would fit perfectly into that small plot we're discussing. The plot of land to the right of CBBR also is huge and looks completely prepped for construction; so I'm guessing that's where the 5th hotel will go. But possibly this is the 3rd gate, well 3rd (dry) gate.

Its really surprising seeing the amount of space a waterpark can fit into. It makes the on-site hotels look like a waste of space! The entire wavepool of WNW can fit into the outdoor entry 'hub' of CBBR. That's insane!

The plot between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific is in no way big enough for a theme park. It could fit a water park, but not a full park.

The plot between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific is in no way big enough for a theme park. It could fit a water park, but not a full park.

yep. expect that space to be for a hotel. What I am wondering is if that whole plot will be used for a hotel, of if 1/2-2/3 will be used for the hotel and the other 1/3-1/2 (on the bottom) is used for something else, just like what they did for the CBBR plot

I would imagine hotel 5 will go in the top half and hotel 6 in the bottom half. If you compare the size to RPR next door it would make sense.

It seems like the problems of the location of the park are being fixed as we speak. I personally don't even mind walking that far if it means I'm going to a awesome place

The land to the south of CBBR was already a separate parcel than the land the hotel sits on, it's always been separate from the land reserved for the 4th hotel. And the land for the 5th hotel is smaller than CBBR as it is.

If they add on two towers of value rooms to between CBBR and a new waterpark they may be set for that market. I see the 5th being much smaller, but more spaced out with landscaping etc.

Not a huge waterpark fan, but still excited about this project. Love the volcano idea.

However, do they really expect offsite guests to travel all the way from the parking garages to this waterpark? Seems like a bit of a hike. It's been said that there'll be buses. While that is a better option than walking on the way to the park; when leaving a waterpark wet and tired, the last thing I'd want to do is get on a bus with other wet and tired guests. Hopefully they add parking closer to the park, or allow offsite guests to park at Cabana Bay. If no, then I suspect the waterpark will appeal more to on-site guests more than anyone else. I imagine Universal would market it as another great perk of staying on-site as well.

Excuse the amateur look of this image, but why don't they do something like this?:

ib0sA3fa7SxJy8.jpg

The I-4 ramps could be moved, so that that new water park could have more space while still leaving a large area for a 5th hotel.

The land to the south of CBBR was already a separate parcel than the land the hotel sits on, it's always been separate from the land reserved for the 4th hotel. And the land for the 5th hotel is smaller than CBBR as it is.

If they add on two towers of value rooms to between CBBR and a new waterpark they may be set for that market. I see the 5th being much smaller, but more spaced out with landscaping etc.

I see it being much smaller, but more exclusive and expensive. maybe even more than Porto

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't easy to reconfigure things like I-4 ramps. On top of that you'll be losing a lot of retention ponds that are necessary in Florida.

yep an tbh that looks like too much land for the waterpark. thats twice the size, which means twice the construction and expenditure. (not really twice the expenditure but you know what i mean)

We have seen what they are able to do with space, and we will see it once again with DA and whatever KZ has in store for the future. They will do a great job here too

Any idea if we are looking at a 2016 or 2017 opening?

here is a link with the worlds 20 best waterparks... some cool stuff that hopefully we will see

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/7143/you-deserve-a-vacation-to-these-incredible-water-parks

Last edited:
im curious if we will get some sort of icon character (besides the volcano) like the ice dragon. I'm also curious if we will see any AA's or static figures too

I hope there are a lot of unique rides and experiences that are unlike anything else in the world. I would also love a incrediblly well themed rapid lazy adventure river with AAs and other great surprises. A mix of Schlitterbahn, Noah's Ark, and Yas Waterworld would make it absolutely incredible.

That's another thing I'm curious about, do any of you think the lazy river might get dummed down let alone taken out completely due to cabana next door?

That's another thing I'm curious about, do any of you think the lazy river might get dummed down let alone taken out completely due to cabana next door?

I think lazy river and wave pool is a must among the core group of people who go to waterparks - That is not us, we would be open minded to not having a lazy river or wave pool, the other 99.7% of the world will criticize the park for not having those things...

But that doesnt mean they cant be innovative!

Status
Not open for further replies.