New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by using the older movies it will keep the heritage of what universal has done, as they have lost a lot of the original rides at the park.

I'd love to have Jaws and Kong represented. I think it would be great to have a bit of both; feature some of the classics, and also include some current popular properties :thumbs:

Maybe they could do something with The Fast and the Furious as a more recent film. They could do this by being a race between two sliders.

In all honestly I hope they keep all the movie stuff out of the waterparks as cool as it would be. I would much rather be wrapped up in an island paradise like Aquactica is

In all honestly I hope they keep all the movie stuff out of the waterparks as cool as it would be. I would much rather be wrapped up in an island paradise like Aquactica is

Problem is we already have 2 water parks that have that theme in the area.

Uni needs to do something new. Something we've never seen before.

I guess I just picture cheesiness when I try to visualize movies props being used here :lol:

I think it would have to be done in a very creative way. But I think they could make areas based on Kong, Jaws, and others work if done right.

But it would also be great to see Creative come up with a completely original idea for the park.

I guess I just picture cheesiness when I try to visualize movies props being used here :lol:

I do too. They would have to go more IOA-style I think. Maybe have a land themed to Amity, a land themed to Skull Island, a land themed to Waterworld, maybe a Lost World area if that wouldn't be too much Jurassic Park. A few places like that and the most immersive water park in the world could be on our hands.

Unfortunately I think this is irrelevant. I don't see why, if they were planning a waterpark, they would put Cabana Bay where they did (away from the water canals). Someone else said this was so they could place another luxury resort along the waterway and this makes much more sense to me.

Universal could go many ways with a waterpark but I think the nostalgia of older movies would fit nicely! Jaws, Kong...agree with everyone on this.

I hate water parks and think they're gross. That being said. If Universal managed to make something on the scale of the Atlantis resort and its waterpark except IoA style, I would probably be as excited as Potter fans were for the WWoHP and look past the germs, fat people, and other things that make water parks so disgusting.

That being said, I would greatly appreciate it if they just took the Wet n Wild land, bulldozed it and tried again. I don't want a water park using the land that could be better fitted to a megaresort or two, or even the mythical third gate.

There's nothing of value by Wet n Wild, buy it up, bulldoze it all.

Last edited:
I hate water parks and think they're gross. That being said. If Universal managed to make something on the scale of the Atlantis resort and its waterpark except IoA style, I would probably be as excited as Potter fans were for the WWoHP and look past the germs, fat people, and other things that make water parks so disgusting.

That being said, I would greatly appreciate it if they just took the Wet n Wild land, bulldozed it and tried again. I don't want a water park using the land that could be better fitted to a megaresort or two, or even the mythical third gate.

Well this plot of land is the perfect size for a water park and would not be large enough for a "megaresort" or 3rd gate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh... Biggest effin' tease evarrr! :fist: :lol:

Anyone here subscribed? Though I guess it wouldn't be legal to post the whole thing here, giving us the gist of it should be fine :look:

AHHH! I didn't know what you meant by this before I read the stupid article preview!! I was like wow, this was a short and pointless article! :p

Well this plot of land is the perfect size for a water park and would not be large enough for a "megaresort" or 3rd gate.

Yup. Not nearly enough room for either.

It'd be best used for a waterpark. WnW is too far off property to use as the "onsite" property, not to mention its surroundings aren't the most best looking of areas. It'd be better to have it onsite where you can control the surroundings.

Well that's your opinion.

I on the other hand love waterparks, and would love to see just what Universal can do when unleashed on a waterpark project .
While Wet N Wild isn't ideal, it is the first true waterpark EVER. It was there long before Uni ever was, and it will be sad to see it go, but if it's replaced by this new exciting highly themed waterpark that Universal is looking into building, I say bring it on!

Waterpark transportation survey

Just a heads up. I just completed a survey from universal regarding transportation to a "hypothetical" waterpark that was easy walking distance (5mins) from I drive hotels or long walking distance (15 mins+) from onsite hotels. It discussed a large number of different options. Things like: themed buses (Zombies, Magic school bus and Island theme were a few), open air buses (with non-upolstered seats for wet clothing), costs involved in any of these options, buses that made lots of stops compared to direct routes, entertainment on buses (TVs I think), driving to the parking garage and busing over to the waterpark.

Ask away if you have any more questions and I'll tell you what I remember.

So, does this mean Universal is just marketing Wet and Wild more heavily, OR could we see a major/minor rehab at Wet and Wild and a rebrand as an "official" Universal waterpark.

Sorry if anyone else posted about this but I didn't see anything yet.

Last edited:
Expect a major change in the Water Park future of Universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.