Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Nintendo is in a third park, I see it being that park's major family land. Then IOA would have Seuss, Park 3 would have Nintendo, and US can have... whatever else they remake Kidzone into. Maybe Dreamworks/Illumination land? That's at least implying that KidZone still gets a makeover without Nintendo, which it still desperately needs.

They could put 2 smaller parks (Nintendoland and Dreamworks World) on the new plot.
Even I would have to really hype myself up to go to a theme park that's devoted to a Singular theme. They both would need to be in one park. Fantasyland isn't a separate park at WDW and I don't think anyone would pay $105+/day JUST for Fantasyland either. It's the entire experience that rounds it out.

I know that Dreamworks has fairly diverse IPs, but they don't have enough big name IPs to devote an entire park.

Probably doesn't belong here, but I have not seen anyone comment at how many trailers have moved into that area by the sprung tents...I mean last HHN, I think it was Hulk track back there, last weekend there must have been three to 6 new mobile 'offices'...this weekend, it looked like around three more moved in.

the 3rd park won't just be one IP even if it has lots of properties like DreamWorks or Nintendo. It will be a mix just like all the other parks because it brings in more tourists. everyone has their favorite things and if one of your favorite things is in a park you are more likely to go to that park. if you do one IP you are limiting the amount of guests that have that as their favorite thing.

Honestly I could see US get Mario, IoA get Zelda, and the third park get Pokemon and any other Nintendo IPs (Metroid please). Zelda just fits the theme of IoA too well, but maybe it'll contradict with WWoHP?

Honestly I could see US get Mario, IoA get Zelda, and the third park get Pokemon and any other Nintendo IPs (Metroid please). Zelda just fits the theme of IoA too well, but maybe it'll contradict with WWoHP?

I think Zelda goes in the 3rd park. They want strong IPs to attract guests to go to the 3rd park since it is so far off property. Zelda is probably the second best known IP outside of Mario. People keep talking about Pokemon, but we don't even know if Universal has those rights since Nintendo doesn't 100% own it. I also see Pokemon having an issue carrying a whole land, where Zelda would have zero issue with that. If Pokemon comes I see a ride and a meet and greet.

I think Zelda goes in the 3rd park. They want strong IPs to attract guests to go to the 3rd park since it is so far off property. Zelda is probably the second best known IP outside of Mario. People keep talking about Pokemon, but we don't even know if Universal has those rights since Nintendo doesn't 100% own it. I also see Pokemon having an issue carrying a whole land, where Zelda would have zero issue with that. If Pokemon comes I see a ride and a meet and greet.
100% opposite for me. Pokémon is the far more reaching brand than Zelda IMO, but it does depend on if they can even get it due to the remaining 66% of the rights.

100% opposite for me. Pokémon is the far more reaching brand than Zelda IMO, but it does depend on if they can even get it due to the remaining 66% of the rights.

I agree I think Pokemon would be a strong candidate for a whole land and is very popular franchise only second to Mario. The issue as you brought up is the rights, since it's kind of murky considering there are a lot of parties involved, and Nintendo has a stake, but not outright ownership, in all of them. As a personal preference though, I'd take Zelda

Either way, all 3 (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda) are massive franchises and I think are deserving of a substantial amount of land in a park.

Last edited:
Finally some action in this thread.. I came back from the weekend expecting a boring morning of reading updates but holy cow, some excitement in my life again!

Nintendo owns the trademark to Pokémon. It's essentially theirs. The other companies are only there to help run all of the things associated with the IP since Nintendo believed they couldn't handle it on their own.

I get that Pokemon may be more popular. But when it comes to a land, is there enough material to do an entire land? I feel Zelda has more material for land. Also, I excluded Pokemon out when it comes to popularity because I believe they won't be able to just put it in the park since it is owned by more than Nintendo.

EDIT: Looking at the plot next to MIB, if you have to; you can cram it in there to have about 10.49 Acres but still, I think we need to wait to see as Kidzone has been the one rumored since the announcement of Nintendo partnering with the parks.

What if they use the MIB building as well? Tranform it into a castle and mario kart ride building and have the rest of the land for the rest?

Couple that with putting Dreamworks into Kidzone, and that whole side of the park would be "animation land"

Reactions: Joel
And lose 3-4 HHN houses? I don't see it.

Get rid of Wrestling tapings in that sound stage, and you gain 2 houses there, plus remove the other shows being filmed (however few are left) and you can definitely make up for the space lost. The only thing is the houses would be concentrated in the beginning of the park.