Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Get rid of Wrestling tapings in that sound stage, and you gain 2 houses there, plus remove the other shows being filmed (however few are left) and you can definitely make up for the space lost. The only thing is the houses would be concentrated in the beginning of the park.

That would be six houses in the front of the park, and nowhere to put queues for them.

Reactions: Joel
That would be six houses in the front of the park, and nowhere to put queues for them.

Complete out-of-left-field idea here (and I'm just throwing stuff out there, highly unlikely this will ever happen), but the sound stages can be accessed from both parks so eventually both parks could be used for HHN with lines being split across the parks.. although that would mean closing both parks early.. another unlikely event

Agreed. They have to keep the houses spread out. I really think the MIB plot won't be touched until the 3rd park is created and when the 3rd park happens I think their smart move would be to make that park HHN friendly. Along with parade and night time friendly. Then they can go back to Studios and fix and expand the foot print of that park.

Marvel can only be used in IOA
That's a bargaining chip Disney has though. "We'll let you use Marvel in other parks if you let use use Characters x, y and z for attractions at WDW"

Not saying that is happening, but Disney has things they can pull out of their sleeve if they want to negotiate. Hell, Martin is hinting negotiations have already occurred.

That's a bargaining chip Disney has though. "We'll let you use Marvel in other parks if you let use use Characters x, y and z for attractions at WDW"

Not saying that is happening, but Disney has things they can pull out of their sleeve if they want to negotiate. Hell, Martin is hinting negotiations have already occurred.

But does Universal really want to build more? I mean they have a ton of popular IPs vs. trying to compete with Disney with the same IP.

But does Universal really want to build more? I mean they have a ton of popular IPs vs. trying to compete with Disney with the same IP.
Very possibly not. Like I said, i'm not saying it's happening. I'm just sort of ruminating over what Martin recently said about conversations being had and a deal being done.

I won't believe anything until it happens though. Of course Disney seems to be pushing it lately so it makes one wonder.

Very possibly not. Like I said, i'm not saying it's happening. I'm just sort of ruminating over what Martin recently said about conversations being had and a deal being done.

I won't believe anything until it happens though. Of course Disney seems to be pushing it lately so it makes one wonder.

I honestly think if a deal is done, what Universal will get will have nothing to do with Marvel. That is just my opinion though and I have no insider information.

I get that Pokemon may be more popular. But when it comes to a land, is there enough material to do an entire land? I feel Zelda has more material for land. Also, I excluded Pokemon out when it comes to popularity because I believe they won't be able to just put it in the park since it is owned by more than Nintendo.
I think there is plenty of material for a land. You have pokecenters, Stores, gyms, Safari zone, meet and greets, and then a ride. It is really no different than what Springfield is honestly.

I think there is plenty of material for a land. You have pokecenters, Stores, gyms, Safari zone, meet and greets, and then a ride. It is really no different than what Springfield is honestly.

Simpson was a ride turned into a land. When a new park opens you will need fully fleshed out lands. I want more than a ride, m&g, and food in each land. We need several rides in each land for a new park. I just don't think there is more than one ride for Pokemon, but I could be wrong.

I also still think there is an issue with whether Universal can use Pokemon or not too.

@Marni1971 just left a message to "watch this space" and that "there's a lot of it" over on Magic's Nintendo thread.
He also the same day in the 4th Gate Gen

"Technically Volcano Bay will be a water theme park and the third gate on property.

The 4th (and possibly 5th) will be further south east. And won't take a decade."

I think he's implying it'll be saved for the next park.

Also, hello.

Simpson was a ride turned into a land. When a new park opens you will need fully fleshed out lands. I want more than a ride, m&g, and food in each land. We need several rides in each land for a new park. I just don't think there is more than one ride for Pokemon, but I could be wrong.
Not every land needs to be something big, though. Small complimentary lands like Springfield or a potential Pokemon land are important and would work in Park 3.

Reactions: graspthesun
I keep imagining a pokemon show similar to Terminator or Poseidon's Fury where we're caught between a battle. All kinds of fire, wind, water effects. Something like that makes the most sense to me. But I cant see a Pokemon land.

Pokemon will probably be the flagship land of the 3rd park. I'm calling it now.

With the IPs Universal can use, I can't see any of the lands being the flagship land. DreamWorks opens the doors to so many good lands that I can't see one being more pronounced than others. You have Zelda, Metroid, HTTYD, Shrek, Madagascar, Slop, Minions, Classic Monsters, and so many that they don't own that they could easily get rights to. I am sure I even missed good properties they do own because they own the rights to so much right now.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
I think a lot of people here underestimate Pokemon because they don't see how kids are into this. The merchandise and attraction opportunities here are massive and I can tell you right now any kid who was around when the games started coming out will come. Not all of my friends are into Harry Potter - but every single person I knew in high school and know in college now would kill for an immersive Pokemon experience. I don't even care about the brand that much but I see it's absolutely filled with potential.

I was never really a Pokemon person (only played on the hand held gameboy thing occasionally), but I think a Pokemon land would be really cool and I'd be super excited to go to it. There's so much they could do with this IP in terms of rides, shows, M&G's, and other interactive entertainment similar to the wands in WWoHP, but with poke balls / collecting pokemon.

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki