Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm definitely excited by Super Nintendo World's potential. A solid attraction lineup, a fully immersive land that engages all five senses and expanded capacity for both Orlando and Japan (can't say if Hollywood is getting an actual expansion of capacity or merely a replacement of existing capacity).

I'm definitely excited by Super Nintendo World's potential. A solid attraction lineup, a fully immersive land that engages all five senses and expanded capacity for both Orlando and Japan (can't say if Hollywood is getting an actual expansion of capacity or merely a replacement of existing capacity).
i actually think you could make an argument that after Nintendo US will be the best park in the United States

i actually think you could make an argument that after Nintendo US will be the best park in the United States

While I'd agree Super Nintendo World is two flat rides, a walkthrough/play area and an elaborate M&G away from surpassing Fantasyland (overall), there are a few weak spots at USF that keep me from placing it ahead of IOA or Disneyland (arguably AK once Pandora/RoL open).

But if they replace Fear Factor with a London expansion featuring Sherlock/Doctor Who, update the Mummy, bulldoze Shrek for the multi-level Greatest Cinematic Moments dark ride and do a sci-fi expansion (that incorporates Metroid/Star Fox), I'd concede :lol:

While I'd agree Super Nintendo World is two flat rides, a walkthrough/play area and an elaborate M&G away from surpassing Fantasyland (overall), there are a few weak spots at USF that keep me from placing it ahead of IOA or Disneyland (arguably AK once Pandora/RoL open).

But if they replace Fear Factor with a London expansion featuring Sherlock/Doctor Who, update the Mummy, bulldoze Shrek for the multi-level Greatest Cinematic Moments dark ride and do a sci-fi expansion (that incorporates Metroid/Star Fox), I'd concede :lol:
GCM as you call it would be better as a replacement for Terminator in the Hollywood section.
It's really hard to imagine that we won't be getting this until 2021.
If you live in California.

Back to Nintendo what if the "interactive area" is a classic Mario level style ropes course like what they opened in Adventure Isle at Shanghai Disneyland?

Reactions: hidepak

Star Fox is possible but it seems Shigeru hates Metroid based on him never updating anyone on the new game status. We would probably get Pikmin before Metroid.

Star Fox is possible but it seems Shigeru hates Metroid based on him never updating anyone on the new game status. We would probably get Pikmin before Metroid.
I wouldn't say that. Shigeru is the one who vouched for Retro Studios to make Prime. He obviously doesn't care about it as much as his own creations though.

Could we have a Dombo style Star Fox spinner in there please. One with screens in the window of your little star ship projecting the game world. It's small but wonderful. The movement of going up and down will navigate you trough the asteroids and a huge space ship, the buttons will shoot lasers at enemies and absorb energy cubes.

nintendo-world.jpg

So is the Castle Mario Kart, mountain Yoshi, and the right Donkey Kong?

It's not a fair dog fight against Disneyland, which to be fair has a 30 year head start. Tone that back to Orlando perhaps. Even if they weren't building Star Wars it still wouldn't be fair.

USJ on the other hand is becoming a beast...

So will the castles actually be rides? or are they just entrance/exit points. Like I said it's a lot bigger than I was expecting. I didn't expect 3 large structures. The Yoshi area seems really tall in that concept art.

I think having two Mario castles is over doing it a bit. If they are going to do two castles then maybe do Hyrule castle?