Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick lesson in concept-arting:

Concept:

DiagonAlleyWizardingWorldofHarryPotter.jpg

Reality:

potter22f-5-web.jpg

At first glance you might be like - "what's different?" but when you begin to look at the details little things are shifted here and there, color schemes and finishes change, architecturally troublesome angles are altered, door meet building and fire codes, etc..

I'll believe it when I see it. They had the opportunity to do it with Potter and didn't.

But wasn't that about creating a very specific experience that guests wanted to have? Here, Nintendo is literally all over the place. I think Nintendo is probably not wanting to have the same rubric in each spot, especially considering what happened with WWoHP in USH.

But wasn't that about creating a very specific experience that guests wanted to have? Here, Nintendo is literally all over the place. I think Nintendo is probably not wanting to have the same rubric in each spot, especially considering what happened with WWoHP in USH.

What happened to WWoHP in USH...?

What happened to WWoHP in USH...?

The crowds weren't nearly as intense as they were anticipating. Even though there's an attendance bump coming obviously, they desperately overshot their expectations and right now the blame seems to be on how old the land is in the grand scheme. Luckily guest spending is at the high it should be, however.

Still, I think this shows the problematic issues with direct cloning things attached to immense hype. Sometimes it helps to tweak things slightly.

I think the Princess castle will be the WWHOP London of this land. In UOR it'll be roughly where AA is, and you'll go through it to get into the land. It'l act as a visual buffer so you can't see the rest of the park from here and so you don't see in from the rest of the park. I'd think it would also house shops and restaurants as well.

From the art I get the sense the rockwork archways are the visual screen to the entrance of the land.

I'd kinda discounted that due to the general discussion about DK going there. Unless DK is at the front and you go through that area to get into the land.

OF course, this is Japan Artwork and theres nothing to say things won't be rearranged for UOR.

Since we aren't seeing the flat rides in the concept art, I'm assuming they are indoors or in Donkey Kong area?

Or they're just not in the plans anymore.

Of all the Mario Kart tracks, they had to go with the one I've always hated :lol:

I would expect to see multiple tracks represented in the ride.

"all concept art lies."

This. Remember, this is more or less the general idea, not necessarily what we should expect 1:1

I've not heard that they are not satisfied.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are they dissatisified? No. Are they a little disappointed? Yes. The numbers just weren't as insane as they were hoping. This was supposed to be huge, instead it was just good. It's a nuanced situation but I'm pretty sure Universal knows that going unique with Nintendo isn't the worst idea in the world.

With Potter, they wanted to give guests something specific. Here, it's less so.