Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you name a land that's "multilevel"? Only one I can think of is Canada at Epcot.

Mysterious Island, Shanghai's tomorrowland, sort of MK's tomorrowland, Pandora, Star Wars Experience and of course now this.

It's a good design movement and helps to differentiate the flow of it from the rest of the park. Especially with these hyper realized IP lands that are like a mini-park within a park.

Reactions: Mike S
Speaking of mixing it up, Donkey Kong Island is going to be across the street from the Mushroom Kingdom at the parks, yet they've cleverly hidden it from us in the released artwork. Do you guys think they did that because part of the Mine Cart coaster is visible in the full image and they aren't ready to talk rides yet?
Most likely. Their excuse is probably that they "don't want others to copy their ideas".

Reactions: E.Gadd
They haven't confirmed any of the rides yet and this would be the first time concept art "hid" something. Sadly we might not read specifics for a long time.

They haven't confirmed any of the rides yet and this would be the first time concept art "hid" something. Sadly we might not read specifics for a long time.
You know, everything's been changing, but if I remember correctly, this was the rumored (tentative) attraction line up earlier this year.
Japan Nintendo: Mario Kart, Yoshii, couple flat rides
Orlando Nintendo: Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, couple flat rides... (then in April the push came from Orlando UC to try to get Yoshii added to the mix)
Hollywood Nintendo: I don't recall seeing any specifics on it.

You know, everything's been changing, but if I remember correctly, this was the rumored (tentative) attraction line up earlier this year.
Orlando Nintendo: Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, couple flat rides... (then in April the push came from Orlando UC to try to get Yoshii added to the mix)
I think this is because UC doesn't even know what they're doing with it in USH at the moment. That whole lower lot area is in flux right now.

Reactions: Ryan and Mad Dog
Stop the presses everyone, we've found the new "screenz".

Huh?

Edit: I legitimately don't understand the joke. Are you implying I'm against Super Nintendo World being multi-level? Quite the contrary, I'm pumped that they are doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Yea, umm I don't think Breath of the Wild will work especailly due to the fact everything is in ruins which isn't the issue but the fact the ground is grass or concrete with grass poking out, that seems way too expensive to maintain with all the traffic coming in and out of the park.

Yea, umm I don't think Breath of the Wild will work especailly due to the fact everything is in ruins which isn't the issue but the fact the ground is grass or concrete with grass poking out, that seems way too expensive to maintain with all the traffic coming in and out of the park.
I was thinking just the art style. Not necessarily copying an environment from the game which would bring up the same exact problems you did.

Maybe not though. I think they'll go with something like Ocarina/Majora. It's somewhat realistic but not exactly and still has a bit of a cartoonish look.
full.jpg

d1416906135a9b93b0f7210283ff1216.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brer Oswald
I was thinking just the art style. Not necessarily copying an environment from the game which would bring up the same exact problems you did.

Maybe not though. I think they'll go with something like Ocarina/Majora. It's somewhat realistic but not exactly and still has a bit of a cartoonish look.
full.jpg

d1416906135a9b93b0f7210283ff1216.jpg

I think that may be the way to go more so than any other.
Colorwise and art wise, I would go with Skyward Sword despite being a not great game, its muted with pastels yet colorful cartoony and not gritty.

images

images

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Universal's patent applications offer a glimpse at future theme park attractions

we didn't pay attention to all the patents earlier and overlooked this one

Maybe the jetpack thing could be related to Metroid. Like it could be that you are Samus and are given a jetpack.

It could even be based around the Federation Force game. That game has a four player mode and in the picture from the patent it shows 8 people flying around.

Do you guys think they released this announcement because that article was published in the Orlando Business Journal?

What if that art isn't very similar to how it will end up looking, but they wanted to get an official statement out because they wanted an official statement out if people were starting to discuss the rides so they used that art with the statement?

Maybe the jetpack thing could be related to Metroid. Like it could be that you are Samus and are given a jetpack.

It could even be based around the Federation Force game. That game has a four player mode and in the picture from the patent it shows 8 people flying around.

Do you guys think they released this announcement because that article was published in the Orlando Business Journal?

What if that art isn't very similar to how it will end up looking, but they wanted to get an official statement out because they wanted an official statement out if people were starting to discuss the rides so they used that art with the statement?

Not likely at all. The Iron Man patent is for nothing else besides possible Iron Man ride.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Mike S

All lands will have Mario Kart, but I'm pretty sure there's a Bowser's Castle dark ride? Maybe that is MK.

USH has Kart, obviously, but I've heard rumors that the Yoshi boat ride may be their secondary. I'd be stunned if these lands don't have at least 1 exclusive attraction (at least upon opening), and I'm still sticking to that.

Reactions: Mad Dog