Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's okay Mike. We know what the true Zelda fans would want ;).
True fans? I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying what most would probably accept due to logistics. You could honestly build a whole park out of Zelda and it's locations (much like LotR) but there has to be a compromise on a single land. How can you cover the most bases? Zelda has always had towns with Castle Town being the most iconic. It would also be easy to show off the rest of Hyrule through an E Ticket attraction. Mini games are a big part and they can be right there. The Master Sword is the most iconic weapon of the series and you can have it right there in the Temple of Time. Possible food, beverages, and shops? Got you covered there too.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
True fans? I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying what most would probably accept due to logistics. You could honestly build a whole park out of Zelda and it's locations (much like LotR) but there has to be a compromise on a single land. How can you cover the most bases? Zelda has always had towns with Castle Town being the most iconic. It would also be easy to show off the rest of Hyrule through an E Ticket attraction. Mini games are a big part and they can be right there. The Master Sword is the most iconic weapon of the series and you can have it right there in the Temple of Time. Possible food, beverages, and shops? Got you covered there too.
I agree. When you look at the general consensus of Nintendo fans on social media, they are all wondering where Hyrule castle is going to go. If anyone needs further proof, look at Gamexplain's discussions on the subject matter. The primary content creator of their YouTube channel is a fan of both Nintendo and theme parks.

Omigod this is so exiting!!!

Multi-tiered, multi-castled, plus they've got mushrooms, pipes, yoshis and coin blocks EVERYWHERE... this is going to be amazing.

The Master Sword is the most iconic weapon of the series and you can have it right there in the Temple of Time.

I think this is actually more important than having Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, and Kokiri Forest combined. If you are doing a Zelda land and you don't have the Master Sword in the pedestal surrounded by the Temple of Time, forest ruins, or whatever... well you've failed fans on a fundamental level.

But seeing the direction this Mushroom Kingdom area is going, I trust UC not to eff it up.

Reactions: Mike S
It's odd, I always knew there would be a castle entrance, but I never knew what the castle would be.

That pink turreted castle, what game was that used in?

This was the central location of the Nintendo 64 game Super Mario 64, where Princess Peach lived and baked delicious cakes. It's been in pretty much every single Mario related game since 1996.

Oddly though, while keeping a similar overall structure it typically changes in detail from game to game. This version looks very similar to the one seen in Mario Kart 8.
29zlac.jpg

So they potentially took a 5 ride area down to a 3 ride area???? As one of the weaknesses of Universal is too many E tickets to few C tickets?

In a way, I would say that may not be a bad thing. It allows them to focus on three distinctive and unique experiences while not having to outreach themselves to where it becomes a problem.

So they potentially took a 5 ride area down to a 3 ride area???? As one of the weaknesses of Universal is too many E tickets to few C tickets?
Depends on the height requirements.
So would that make it appropriate for a Yoshi ride?
Not really if that's where they're putting it. The Yoshi ride would make more sense on that mountain where all the Yoshi's are.

Reactions: E.Gadd
One thing to keep in mind. Our last insider info was that it was still undecided on whether to put the Yoshi attraction, that was going into Japan, into Orlando also. Orlando UC was lobbying for it but it wasn't clear whether it would be approved or not. And if Yoshi was going into Kidzone, then ET would probably have to be removed. So, if that front area in the art concept is indeed Yoshi, and Yoshi doesn't end up in Orlando's plan, then the artwork conception we are looking at for Japan would be quite different for Orlando.

So would that make it appropriate for a Yoshi ride?
Not at all
I would assume it'd be using elements more from titles like Super Mario World 2 more than Mario64..
I agree it should definitely take majority of elements from Yoshi's Island. Yoshi only had a cameo in SM64. I guess he was in 64 DS, but that would be stretching it to put a Yoshi ride in Peach's Castle.

Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd
I think this is actually more important than having Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, and Kokiri Forest combined. If you are doing a Zelda land and you don't have the Master Sword in the pedestal surrounded by the Temple of Time, forest ruins, or whatever... well you've failed fans on a fundamental level.

But seeing the direction this Mushroom Kingdom area is going, I trust UC not to eff it up.

Yea, I'd argue the Master Sword in its pedestal is way more important than the castle. Put the sword in the middle of a forested land surrounded by some ruins and you've got your centerpiece