Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Even if it was only 4K up resed I'd be fine with that and HDR support. But mainly I just want games to run faster its going to be hard to go from 4ish second loads on the PS5 to 30ish second loads again on the switch (sometimes longer....looking at you Crash team racing)

So this happened today:

Followed by this:

TLDR:
  • New mainline Monster Hunter game as a Switch exclusive, comes out in March
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 (also a Switch exclusive) comes out next summer
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (another Microsoft game) released today
  • The Long Dark, Hades also released today
Also, Super Mario 3D All-Stars comes out tomorrow. Great time to be a Switch user.

Anyone try out Super Mario Bros 35 yet?
Its fun...can't play with friends which is sooo Nintendo

Sure, I pay you money for online to play by myself....good god the staff at Nintendo must have no friends when they always make playing with friends so hard to do in games.

I am loving these Demo's that carry over save data. It should be the new standard.

Also No More Hero's are worth a play if you are interested and somehow never got to them, not perfect like 7/10s but fun because of the epic boss fights

The largest piece of news to me, is that game developing companies are fully *embracing* Cloud-based gaming for Nintendo Switch.

It makes me seriously wonder now on if other major Triple AAA parties may take interest to this; as it makes complete sense with the current power that Nintendo has. It partly now leads me to wonder on Microsoft, given their current relationship with Nintendo. May be the best way for them to bring some of their more technical XBOX games to the console.

So I've played age of calamity fir 20 hours now and its great will be in my top 5 games of the year for sure.

Its mainly the combat of BOTW and Dynasty Warriors Combined, no real puzzles but it feels like a prequel to BOTW and think as long as you go in knowing its not open world and no puzzles you should have a blast with it

So I've played age of calamity fir 20 hours now and its great will be in my top 5 games of the year for sure.

Its mainly the combat of BOTW and Dynasty Warriors Combined, no real puzzles but it feels like a prequel to BOTW and think as long as you go in knowing its not open world and no puzzles you should have a blast with it

I haven't played it yet, but my kids are currently playing it and my boys especially love it even though they haven't played BotW yet, although they often watch me play the DLC Packs so they're familiar with many of the characters.

Disappointed that there are no puzzles as that's my favorite aspect of the Zelda franchise. Ocarina of Time's Water Temple and Skyward Sword's Ancient Cistern are some of the best. Hopefully the prequel story is enough to make me enjoy it once I get around to playing it.

To give some thoughts on Zelda: This week will be the anniversary of the global release of The Legend of Zelda [NES], marking the 35th anniversary of the series. And typically, they celebrate their midway point between the decade for a celebration more than a 10', a 20' or a '30. I think we'll see the last twelve minutes being entirely Zelda oriented.

Now, what do I think will be present for it?
  • Windwaker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword HD Collection ($70.00)
  • Age of Calamity DLC
  • Trailer for BoTW2, Late 2021 window.