Nintendo Switch | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean..I just don't get it.

Do people REALLY want a better screen over a faster/more powerful model that could play more third party games and make games like Crash racing that load slow have less loading times?

Reactions: faceleg
I always play in docked mode anyway so I don't really care about the screen, but am looking forward to 4K support. Hoping some games will get developed or remastered in native 4K.

From Takashi Mochizuki and Ian King on Bloomberg--the next major iteration of the Nintendo Switch will be launching later this year, with new upgrades.
  • 7 Inch OLED Display (presumably by Samsung)
  • new CPU
  • increased memory
  • A new Nvidia Tegra chip, that will allow DLSS [Deep Learning Super Sampling]; coupled with the new OLED display to allow the console to once hooked up on the TV's, be able to generate full 4K support.
Game developers are planning ahead for this, as the next major iteration is seemingly going to launch with new titles specifically with the upgrades in mind.

Reactions: Mike S
To DP a bit, Nintendo Life has posted a roundup rumor (something they don't often do) with their own context, that Nintendo and Microsoft may be working together on something. The question is, what.

To share a bit of speculation to the fire, as I like too with this one: I wanna point out that a partner that Nintendo actively does work with, SEGA, entered into a business deal with Microsoft to power the SEGA title Phantasy Star Online II, with Microsoft Azure, a form of cloud-based servers to help keep the games up. With xCloud jumping to PC, and Microsoft's interests to expand their subscription service, I wonder if they are willing to shell out the cash to Nintendo on some form of a deal to bring Game Pass and xCloud to Nintendo Switch. It'd be monumental moment for the gaming industry, one that can be backed by the friendly relationship that Microsoft and Nintendo have had over the course of the past few years with Smash and Minecraft. It'd also get MIcrosoft's foot open for the JP market in a massive way with Nintendo Switch users in Japan, signing up for Game Pass subs in JP markets.

In this case scenario, while Microsoft can promote XBOX Series X/S for JP audiences, they ultimately have the window open more, for their subscription based services, expanding the audience range once xCloud hits PC players later this year. That's my take on the subject, and it's a somewhat intriguing case to make. There are also rumors that Microsoft wants to make a bigger splash with XBOX in Japan, so this could actually be what it is. Not an acquisition of a major studio, but outright collaboration with the Japanese tech giant of Nintendo.

I hate Microsoft buying Rare they have wasted that studio and its IPs....it would not have been hard to have a new Cokers game and Banjo game by now....hell do a remake/reboot of the first Banjo I'll buy it Day one

I hate Microsoft buying Rare they have wasted that studio and its IPs....it would not have been hard to have a new Cokers game and Banjo game by now....hell do a remake/reboot of the first Banjo I'll buy it Day one

Rare seems to adopt a ND (Naughty Dog) approach: Focus on what worked in the "now". Rare wanted to move beyond just doing simple titles, and wanted to expand. I'd say they have done well, even with the minor bumps in the road. I'd rather see companies innovate than use similar ideas until they get creatively tired. Sea of Thieves shows how great Rare can do new IP with modern generation hardware, from the few times I've actually taken some real time into the game and how it works for online play.

Do I wanna see them do more Conker or Banjo? I would disagree. And it's why I'm happy with groups like The Initative doing the Perfect Dark revitalization, or the rumors of Playtonic getting their hands on Banjo. I'd rather see new devs take on Rare IP's, then to see Rare devs try new things. And honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Rare put some of their work on Switch, and kind of hope that Game Pass/xCloud comes. It'd be great to play Sea Of Thieves on a console like Switch, and to not be worried about graphical limitations.

Reactions: Tristan
Rare seems to adopt a ND (Naughty Dog) approach: Focus on what worked in the "now". Rare wanted to move beyond just doing simple titles, and wanted to expand. I'd say they have done well, even with the minor bumps in the road. I'd rather see companies innovate than use similar ideas until they get creatively tired. Sea of Thieves shows how great Rare can do new IP with modern generation hardware, from the few times I've actually taken some real time into the game and how it works for online play.

Do I wanna see them do more Conker or Banjo? I would disagree. And it's why I'm happy with groups like The Initative doing the Perfect Dark revitalization, or the rumors of Playtonic getting their hands on Banjo. I'd rather see new devs take on Rare IP's, then to see Rare devs try new things. And honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Rare put some of their work on Switch, and kind of hope that Game Pass/xCloud comes. It'd be great to play Sea Of Thieves on a console like Switch, and to not be worried about graphical limitations.
They copied the wrong part of Naughty Dog....ND at least makes art. Rare made a Pirate game some people liked but when you own these IPs just to let them die its so dam dumb. The Mario Team for years has made the same kinda game but found ways to spice it up thats what I wanted RARE to be.

So anyone notice that Reggie teased an English Mother 3 and now uhm...

Terry Crews is trending because he's advocated for the localization of it haha and uhm...

his old spice commercial features full on cutscenes of the English translation of Mother 3...

It..gives me a thought.

What if, with Nintendo's E3 plans..that we may see an announcement for both Mother 3, and a Mother 3 rep in Smash. The reason I say this, because of the stuff that @Chris Galindo posted, is alongside something that has taken notice: the lack of Porky in Smash Ultimate. Ever since day 1 of Ultimate's launch, Porky has been incredibly absent for Smash, with omissions of music and likeness (not even in Spirits). What if, alongside a Porky announcement for Smash, they're going to release Mother 3 globally via the Eshop, on the day of Nintendo's E3 show?

I'd almost say that in the case of Mother 3, it's garnered a very unique status in the the industry, as the black sheep that hasn't been properly acknowledged. With both Reggie and Terry getting at it, I am starting to smell smoke that *something* has to be rolling about for Mother 3 in one way or another. And my curiosity on that goes, if Nintendo does legal action on the Mother 3 fan translations in the month of May.

Reactions: chris.g
It..gives me a thought.

What if, with Nintendo's E3 plans..that we may see an announcement for both Mother 3, and a Mother 3 rep in Smash. The reason I say this, because of the stuff that @Chris Galindo posted, is alongside something that has taken notice: the lack of Porky in Smash Ultimate. Ever since day 1 of Ultimate's launch, Porky has been incredibly absent for Smash, with omissions of music and likeness (not even in Spirits). What if, alongside a Porky announcement for Smash, they're going to release Mother 3 globally via the Eshop, on the day of Nintendo's E3 show?

I'd almost say that in the case of Mother 3, it's garnered a very unique status in the the industry, as the black sheep that hasn't been properly acknowledged. With both Reggie and Terry getting at it, I am starting to smell smoke that *something* has to be rolling about for Mother 3 in one way or another. And my curiosity on that goes, if Nintendo does legal action on the Mother 3 fan translations in the month of May.

It is also Mother 3's 15th Anniversary. Mario's 35th didn't really even get recognize till after the actual date had passed. Here's to hoping.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts