Nope Studio Tour Attraction | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea if it would be ready by then...but the coke event is coming up

Would be a nice time to let people try it out
doesn't look like it'd be ready that soon

Lol

we wish, I’d kill for them to cut F&F but it won’t happen until after the rumored coaster
guessing the Supercharged retheming (assuming it's happening) would start early enough that they could use some of the props/cars for the coaster. Until then, yeah im pretty sure it scores too highly to cut

And hopefully it will let the tour finally end with somewhat of a bang instead of the dud F&F being the only attraction at the end. I’m hoping for physical effects too. I’ve always thought that the tour should be relatively screen free if it’s supposed to be a showcase of film effects. You should be exposed to real effects that are used to film movies
I've got a hot take here: I think both KK 360 3D should be torn down and let Supercharged be gutted for something more practical. That way 3D can be retired from the tram for good and we can get the collapsing bridge back. Maybe have Kong Vs Godzilla replace Supercharged? That would be a dope attraction for the tour.

I've got a hot take here: I think both KK 360 3D should be torn down and let Supercharged be gutted for something more practical. That way 3D can be retired from the tram for good and we can get the collapsing bridge back. Maybe have Kong Vs Godzilla replace Supercharged? That would be a dope attraction for the tour.
I think that’s the way to go. Two 3D tunnels is overkill. If they want one to showcase this certain effect, that’s fine, but having two with the only difference being the video playing is redundant. I say they keep the supercharged tunnel and change the video. (That’s if they still want 3D. IMO they should get rid of all of it) Then they should demolish the kong tunnel and build something similar to the Orlando kong but with only the animatronics. They can clone the kong animatronic from Orlando but just add hands so he can ‘grab’ the tram while the road beneath shakes like the earthquake effect. This allows them to keep the IP while keeping the tour fresh and new. The falls lake attraction proves that they’re still willing to work with physical sets, so why stop there. I say they slowly release a string of upgrades to the full tour. Make it the marquee attraction again.

The falls lake attraction proves that they’re still willing to work with physical sets, so why stop there.
Would phrase it more as "the falls lake attraction proves that they're willing to work with physical effects again." Guessing it's a bit of a reflection in the change in direction that UC has had over the past few years. Hoping this carries to other parts of the tour as well, it's been a looooong time since we've gotten a fully new, non-screen based addition to the tour. I think the last one was Extreme Close-up in 2006?

Reactions: Freak
I think that’s the way to go. Two 3D tunnels is overkill. If they want one to showcase this certain effect, that’s fine, but having two with the only difference being the video playing is redundant. I say they keep the supercharged tunnel and change the video. (That’s if they still want 3D. IMO they should get rid of all of it) Then they should demolish the kong tunnel and build something similar to the Orlando kong but with only the animatronics. They can clone the kong animatronic from Orlando but just add hands so he can ‘grab’ the tram while the road beneath shakes like the earthquake effect. This allows them to keep the IP while keeping the tour fresh and new. The falls lake attraction proves that they’re still willing to work with physical sets, so why stop there. I say they slowly release a string of upgrades to the full tour. Make it the marquee attraction again.

I would totally kill for animatronic Kong to terrorize parkgoers again like the 1986 version. Once you make Kong a hero and fight a bunch of monsters in Skull Island instead of a city, it's not practical and not as effective as being in New York with Kong's banana breath and scary eyes staring at unsuspecting guests. If they do want to keep Kong in the Studio Tour, I hope it stays the same as the 1986 version but updated for the current generation.

Reactions: joerodriguez
I would totally kill for animatronic Kong to terrorize parkgoers again like the 1986 version. Once you make Kong a hero and fight a bunch of monsters in Skull Island instead of a city, it's not practical and not as effective as being in New York with Kong's banana breath and scary eyes staring at unsuspecting guests. If they do want to keep Kong in the Studio Tour, I hope it stays the same as the 1986 version but updated for the current generation.
Since Orlando already has the Skull Island part of Kong down, why not have a “set” for 1930’a New York for the tour segment? Go back to the roots for Kong but have it set in the time period for that movie. I would love to see a full Kong AA with a tilting bridge again.

I mean they have the old bridge area and the King Kong 3D building they could do something physical with those two areas

as for the end of the tram, I’d kill for it to be like the great movie ride with BTTF, ET, The mummy, some classic monsters and hell of they could pay for it something for tv shows like the office and good place

I mean they have the old bridge area and the King Kong 3D building they could do something physical with those two areas

And there's the dancing cars location that's just been laying dormant for years, too. Replace Supercharged, Kong, and finally put something there, and that alone (coupled with whatever this Falls Lake thing is) could do absolute wonders for revitalizing the Studio Tour. (Hell, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't even mind the War of the Worlds set being retired for something new.)

Reactions: Freak
Honestly?

Retire Supercharged to be entirely based as a new finale, that is linked to BTTF and a new Studio Tour host being Doctor Emmet Brown. Keep Kong 360, but use the old pit-stop location as an all new Studio Tour attraction. Upgrade effects for Earthquake and Jaws, and I think you have a lot good on the place (along with of-course, potentially moving the Studio Tour's load/unload plaza to take half of 41-44).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
And there's the dancing cars location that's just been laying dormant for years, too. Replace Supercharged, Kong, and finally put something there, and that alone (coupled with whatever this Falls Lake thing is) could do absolute wonders for revitalizing the Studio Tour. (Hell, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't even mind the War of the Worlds set being retired for something new.)
If they also are willing to move some of the show cars as well they have room there for something even bigger if they like.

I hope once the Tram area moves they are willing to add a new ride to USH every year and every year or every other year update the Tram because they have room to add some new things and make the tram more interesting again

As I said before the old bridge area/KK would be perfect for something and I'd love it to be King Kong but with a large AA again.

Also a note about the ending, I hope while most of it could be AA's and physical sets it would be fun also to have a screen section where they can update it for holidays and also add new characters whenever they like for cheap. Also a screen could allow many characters to pop up like Small soliders, and back draft that aren't big IPs but are linked to Universal history and USH theme park history as well. I really hope they are looking into something to end the tram on that makes you feel like they are really celebrating all the films, characters, tv shows and old attractions people love from them

I'm going to be very disappointed if this turns out to be some Nope publicity attraction that only a handful of select influencers get to experience for the sake of recording it for YouTube/TikTok to drum up interest in the movie and that's it (ala that Halloween Kills attraction they had last October).

I'm going to be very disappointed if this turns out to be some Nope publicity attraction that only a handful of select influencers get to experience for the sake of recording it for YouTube/TikTok to drum up interest in the movie and that's it (ala that Halloween Kills attraction they had last October).
Would they put this much effort into this for that kinda event?

Why would you think that's what's happening here?

Would they put this much effort into this for that kinda event?
No, this is permanent-looking infrastructure. And there is track for the tram visible

Permits went active and fully for this back in November last I checked.

If they were going to do a publicity stunt, the window to do so has went wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out the window.

- Bring back the tilting JAWS dock
- Activate the breaking bridge
- Do something with the old dancing car spot
- Utilize the old Grinch set space by Bates
- Burn down Kong 360 3D... it deserves to burn, the original Kong was iconic
- Gut Supercharged & bring back the vortex tunnel

As for this new falls lake attraction.. I hope it's not NOPE.. instead give us a burning western town bank robbery (I miss the Great Movie Ride lol)

- Bring back the tilting JAWS dock
- Activate the breaking bridge
- Do something with the old dancing car spot
- Utilize the old Grinch set space by Bates
- Burn down Kong 360 3D... it deserves to burn, the original Kong was iconic
- Gut Supercharged & bring back the vortex tunnel

As for this new falls lake attraction.. I hope it's not NOPE.. instead give us a burning western town bank robbery (I miss the Great Movie Ride lol)

Fixing effects can and should be something that is taken into account, and I agree with most..but bringing back the Vortex Tunnel? That I don't agree with.

Honestly?

- Upgrade and fix effects for Jaws and Earthquake
- Replace the former Pit-Stop section with a brand new tour simulation
- Tear down WoTW for new studio facilities like the Bud Westmore building (so they can further expand the Front Lot for park use
- Doc Brown Tour Host, with BTTF as the Finale in Supercharged

Edit: Adding a small bit more,

- Expand Timeline Drive if the Tram Plaza moves to the Lower Lot. Have it begin from the current Tram Repair Barn, all the way to the base of the mountain, with an expanded collection of movies and television shows from NBC and Universal Pictures.
- Keep Kong 360 as an active part of the initial starting "BAM" moment for the Studio Tour.

Last edited:
Very very minor NOPE spoilers:

Jupiter's Claim has had a trademark filed, and its uses include "amusement park attraction and theme park services." Jupiter's Claim happens to also be a location in the movie NOPE. My thinking continues to be Jupe = Jupiter, and that this is indeed our attraction location