Nope Studio Tour Attraction | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but bringing back the Vortex Tunnel? That I don't agree with.

- Keep Kong 360 as an active part of the initial starting "BAM" moment for the Studio Tour
At least the vortex tunnel isn't a dreaded screen

KONG 360 just never had the "wow" factor. Ever. It has a nice facade, but the experience itself is forgettable.

At least the vortex tunnel isn't a dreaded screen

KONG 360 just never had the "wow" factor. Ever. It has a nice facade, but the experience itself is forgettable.

The Vortex Tunnel, while simple and effect in it's own right, shouldn't be something that is meant as the "Finale" or a Studio Tour experience. Supercharged's problem also relies on the fact that it feels separate from that of the Studio Tour altogether, where-as Kong 360 goes in it's way to while make it a blatant 360 film, something that includes the Studio Tour in albeit a dated fashion. The Vortex Tunnel also doesn't exactly have a prominent connection for the tour prodomimently, never really had even when it was swapped of it's themes over time (Grinch was still the best themed wrap on it, don't @ me).

Why not revamp Supercharged, to have updated projection effects, and maybe even if they can, physical effects like Kuka DeLorean's alongside the pits? Add on to the experience, and make it an integral part of the Studio Tour as a "Finale" and I think you'd have a better reaction. As for Kong, I've had a lot of people tell me their favorite moment was Kong, because of the initial "Surprise" factor that comes into play. And while it is a bit hippocritical, Kong has more of an importance for the park than that of the Vortex Tunnel, given that was the largest thing caught in the Backlot fire.

Though at this point, we're down-stepping the discussion from that of this potential The NOPE Experience (Until we get a confirmation of name, I am coining this xD).

If the western sets construction is for a NOPE attraction, then what do we think could happen on this stop? Is this a effects demonstration?

Thinking effects demonstration, though where this takes place in the film is a good question; given the well we see from Curious George is fully and completely the same one from the film. It could be part of a large effect sequence from the film, like how Twister: Ride It Out based it's sequence on the famous drive-in theater sequence.

idk, i hear a lot of wows from guests when entering that. Don't really have a problem with Kong personally, at least they pretend to make it about filmmaking with the explanation of the work that went into it afterwards

If the western sets construction is for a NOPE attraction, then what do we think could happen on this stop? Is this a effects demonstration?
As Alex said, I also think it likely to be something similar to Twitster. I also think there's a chance that we see some of the buildings burst into flames, as one side of the buildings don't have roofs and seems to have some metal shielding on the walls inside

360 KONG will never be an acceptable replacement for the original Kongfrontation

Though at this point, we're down-stepping the discussion from that of this potential The NOPE Experience (Until we get a confirmation of name, I am coining this)
As long as they don't market this crap as a separate ride like they did Supercharged! Always had guests come up to JW asking where the F&F ride was

360 KONG will never be an acceptable replacement for the original Kongfrontation

As long as they don't market this crap as a separate ride like they did Supercharged! Always had guests come up to JW asking where the F&F ride was

I agree that the current Kong show isn't a great replacement for the original, but I'd assume most of the people riding the tram on a daily basis have either never experienced the original or don't care. King Kong 360 isn't really that bad, especially because they at least try to explain how CG artists work and go into the technical elements a little bit more. For me, it's the double whammy of having to sit through one 3D screen thing and then another that brings it down a few notches.

I think the Fast & Furious franchise is fun at face value, but that finale should have never been marketed as a "ride" (complete with lap bars in the commercial) and they threw away a really popular property on a nothing burger. I'd love to see more practical attractions on the tram in the future.

I'm excited to see what this new one will be and how long it will be on the route.

I actually like the idea that this NOPE Experience to be presented simply as a stunt/special effects demonstration, rather than trying to shoehorn in a "character" for the guests to play.
IMO The Studio Tour should be a demonstration of how movies are made. We have an explanation of outdoor facades at the Metro sets/Little Europe/Six Points, the CGI demonstration at Kong, water/rain effects at Little Mexico, and a fully dressed soundstage with Earthquake, but no physical stunt demonstration.
Obviously Waterworld has incredible stunts upstairs, but no explanation. I hope we see stunt performers here too, along with "how"

I think the original Kong experience lives better as nostalgia. Of course, I have great memories of it. But would it hold up by today's standards? I don't really think so. It was slow, clunky, unconvincing, and most of us forget that most of it was watching the city and helicopter footage first. It was initially impressive for it's time, but as time wore on, it became more of a "it's-so-bad-it's-good" gag (think about how well Earthquake has aged--same idea). If it were still around today, everyone would be talking how it's overstayed its welcome and needs to go. In fact, they were sort of saying that before the fire anyway.

I don't think the "new" one is all that bad, and I'm not even a fan of motion simulators. But I find the movement of the tram is pretty convincing (way more than the movement of the tram on the original), and I was just on it a few days ago, and people still went nuts over it. IMO, what makes it diminished is the fact that F&F is mainly just a duplicate of the same trick, and not executed nearly as well. And the two together just make both feel a bit diminished.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think the original Kong experience lives better as nostalgia. Of course, I have great memories of it. But would it hold up by today's standards? I don't really think so. It was slow, clunky, unconvincing, and most of us forget that most of it was watching the city and helicopter footage first. It was initially impressive for it's time, but as time wore on, it became more of a "it's-so-bad-it's-good" gag (think about how well Earthquake has aged--same idea). If it were still around today, everyone would be talking how it's overstayed its welcome and needs to go. In fact, they were sort of saying that before the fire anyway.

I don't think the "new" one is all that bad, and I'm not even a fan of motion simulators. But I find the movement of the tram is pretty convincing (way more than the movement of the tram on the original), and I was just on it a few days ago, and people still went nuts over it. IMO, what makes it diminished is the fact that F&F is mainly just a duplicate of the same trick, and not executed nearly as well. And the two together just make both feel a bit diminished.
Sure but I think most would be fine with replacing that older version with an updated AA

To me screens are boring unless used well like in HP, Transfomers and MK but just a screen...I know animators had to work hard on it but I would kill for a version where they combine screens with a big new Kong AA and use the bridge area we still have and enclose it or semi enclose it

How often is Falls Lake used for filming anymore? I've taken the Studio Tour dozens of times in the past year and never once seen a production. It seems strange to me that a potentially loud Tour experience would be placed right next to a popular filming location

How often is Falls Lake used for filming anymore? I've taken the Studio Tour dozens of times in the past year and never once seen a production. It seems strange to me that a potentially loud Tour experience would be placed right next to a popular filming location

A portion of Falls Lake between that of the potential The NOPE Experience and the blue wall, is now a transport lot.

I can't wait to see what it is....also Horror is not really apart of the tour any more so glad that genre will be included now

Reactions: marip123
This will be the first non-screen-based one in more than a decade and I'm really glad that USH isn't ignoring the Studio Tour bece it deserves a lot of love as much as Nintendo and the rumored F&F Hollywood Drift Coaster.

It'd be nice if Universal could bring back the Munsters house to the Studio Tour, especially with the Munsters reboot movie coming out later this year. The original house is still there on Colonial street, all they'd have to do is redress it to the way it used to look back in the day.

Reactions: Wesker69