Official Soccer Thread | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Official Soccer Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not happy, as I am a City fan.

On the other hand, I am not against financial fair-play, what gets to me though is that UEFA and FIFA themselves are corrupt too.

Not happy, as I am a City fan.

On the other hand, I am not against financial fair-play, what gets to me though is that UEFA and FIFA themselves are corrupt too.
Very corrupt
If city had even attempted to follow the rules I’d have more sympathy for them. But the fact is that they have ignored them initially, then flouted them when they were punished (remember the ridiculous way they procured Lampard) then finally lied in the accounts to make it look like they’d complied
UEFA had to make an example of them.

They were all following the New England Patriots example. NFL Commissioners let them get away with 'cheating' ever since their dynasty began.

On a different front. VAR makes its introduction to Scotland tomorrow night.

I’ve never watched a game with VAR when I really care about the result, so this could be interesting. The refereeing in Scotland has been woeful recently as well, so it’s a good experiment.

In just over 24 hours, I may regret saying any of this.