Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Official Soccer Thread

On a different front. VAR makes its introduction to Scotland tomorrow night.

I’ve never watched a game with VAR when I really care about the result, so this could be interesting. The refereeing in Scotland has been woeful recently as well, so it’s a good experiment.

In just over 24 hours, I may regret saying any of this.
VAR is so weird. The way MLS implemented it, it's clunky, slow, and disruptive while being correct more often than not. The Prem's implementation is brilliantly quick and efficient, but makes mind-numbingly terrible decisions. Strangely, I hate VAR in the Prem far more than I do in MLS. Though I may hate the calls, at least they're far harder to argue.

In this soccerless time... two things.

There’s a massive, international FIFA20 tournament going on, with 128 teams. Orlando City is the only MLS team to make it in. Follow it with #UltimateQuaranTeam

Also, there is a 4th division club out of Nebraska donating all shop proceeds to COVID-19 relief efforts. They’re called “Bugeater FC” and they actually have decent merch.

tenor.gif

I’m so happy for Liverpool fans and Jurgen especially.

Now I just need Tottenham to get their head out of their arse.