Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would be a year after it said it was going to open.

FYI, the boat ride is coming but has gone into re-development. Lots of things are still being worked on, so I wouldn't expect 2018 in the end ;)
I mean, i'm no duster, but I try to look at things with a general sense of positivity until i'm shown a reason to doubt the final product.

Your posts in this thread continually are basically dissing the project over and over again for no reason. I mean, I could post the same damn thing, doesn't mean it's true. I trust people who have a proven track record. Once you prove yourself, maybe i'll respect you more.

Oh, and finding permits on publicly available websites doesn't make you an insider.

What never was clear to me is, is the boatride completely Inside a show building or would it be mainly outside and a bit inside? I thought the latent would be the case but would that make sence?

Yeah, when you think, if it opens in December of 2017 sort of like FLE, which would be the latest they could open it and still open it in 2017, that's still almost 3 years from now.

They've already been working on it for a year and are finally getting vertical with it (which is when we start to see rapid developments in construction), there should be no way in hell this doesn't open in 2017.

Is there any noticeable changes in those pics? Is it worth checking them out? Only asking because once construction goes vertical it tends to move quickly

Last edited:
Pics by Scott Keating... looks to be a lot of progress made within the last month or so (look on the last page for comparisons):

i-LdjD9QmL-L.jpg

i-fZ9Nhs8L-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pictures, definitely looks to be taking shape if you will, and by the looks of it they have enough steel on site for it to rise rather rapidly once the footers cure. Love seeing construction and progress wherever it may be.

these are a couple weeks old because vertical construction is well under way

I was studying the pictures and was confused because I didn't see any steel that was placed that I remember from earlier pictures. Thanks for the clarification and confirming what I had been thinking after I posted that

"Get to da choppa" I would love to see some updated pictures of this progress. I would volunteer myself but I am approximately 1200 miles away. However I appreciate all the updates and pictures that are provided

Drone video over Avatar Construction... They're about 2-story vertical in some places:
[video=youtube;vYLuc7ohqto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYLuc7ohqto[/video]

Nice find on the video. I know a lot of people on various sites knock Avatar as an IP for this expansion, but I'm actually looking forward to it. This is something AK needs very much, and if its anything like the plans I've seen, it should be a beautiful, entertaining and well themed area. Good to see they're finally making some progress.

Only a matter of time before one of these kinds of videos goes tits up. Don't want to be a party pooper but it only takes some one to accidentally fly one into a crane, tree or worse, a coaster and someone will get seriously hurt or even killed. These things need strong regulation.

I love following conduction and seeing what's going on, but at what cost?

Only a matter of time before one of these kinds of videos goes tits up. Don't want to be a party pooper but it only takes some one to accidentally fly one into a crane, tree or worse, a coaster and someone will get seriously hurt or even killed. These things need strong regulation.

I'm not condoning that we should be flying drones over all construction/guest areas, as there are very serious risks involved.

Just passing along the video as it shows the construction site as we haven't seen it before and it's an updated look at it with vertical construction underway.

Last edited:

Yeah, I am shocked that "YOUR FLYING CAMERA" wasn't arrested in the parking lots of both Universal or Disney. I assume everyone saw the Universal video too.

http://youtu.be/Vf7z0D6JvYM

Status
Not open for further replies.