Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think that Disney knows Avatar isn't as relevant as it once was and is instead trying to make a land, while based on an IP, that will be able to stand on its own two feet and impress the hell out of people.

I'm really starting to see that in these aerials. Wow. Bring on Pandora.

I'd like to think that Disney knows Avatar isn't as relevant as it once was and is instead trying to make a land, while based on an IP, that will be able to stand on its own two feet and impress the hell out of people.

For a billion dollars, yeah. I think they want to impress people.

Kinda unrelated but kinda not.. does anyone know how the Cirque du Soleil Avatar shows did? That's the only other recent use of the IP I can think of. Heard it was pretty bad but wondering if it sold tickets.

Reactions: WAJAS
For a billion dollars, yeah. I think they want to impress people.

Kinda unrelated but kinda not.. does anyone know how the Cirque du Soleil Avatar shows did? That's the only other recent use of the IP I can think of. Heard it was pretty bad but wondering if it sold tickets.
I can't really find anything on that, but I do know that they are planning to release a filmed version of the TORUK touring show to Netflix after the tour ends as it has already been filmed.

I saw it in Houston, TX and the arena was pretty full, so it looks like it at least performed okay, but who knows if that is from the Avatar name or the Cirque du Soleil name? I'd assume the latter. It was disappointing for a Cirque show, but the sets were cool.

I will but you a beer if they soft open the land or any attractions for guests before March.
Beginning of March is probably a safer bet. That is the reason I used the word "could".

Many of the contractors such as Brightview are expecting to wrap up by the end of January. NRJ is cycling all but 4 boats. And FoP has 2 of it's 4 theaters in programming mode. They are having some syncing issues in NRJ but nothing that they shouldn't be able to sort in short order.

If everything falls into place, Valentine's Day is a possibility. A remote possibility. But still a possibility.

Beginning of March is probably a safer bet. That is the reason I used the word "could".

Many of the contractors such as Brightview are expecting to wrap up by the end of January. NRJ is cycling all but 4 boats. And FoP has 2 of it's 4 theaters in programming mode. They are having some syncing issues in NRJ but nothing that they shouldn't be able to sort in short order.

If everything falls into place, Valentine's Day is a possibility. A remote possibility. But still a possibility.
The bigger thing to me is they still have to put the sidewalks/pathways in and last I checked, they were no ordinary sidewalks. Also, are the bio-luminescent plants still coming to the land because I don't think i've seen much in the way of that stuff yet.

I'll buy you a drink if the land or rides are open to day guests or AP holders by April 1st. Beer on me if I lose!

The bigger thing to me is they still have to put the sidewalks/pathways in and last I checked, they were no ordinary sidewalks. Also, are the bio-luminescent plants still coming to the land because I don't think i've seen much in the way of that stuff yet.
All the special sidewalk at bio-luminescent plants will be in "nature" trails off the main pathway. That is what I predicted would be the unsuspected hit of the land on the last page.

Reactions: twebber55
I take it that was the original soft opening "goal" for an Earth Day opening.
IDK about that. :shrug:

I was just chatting up some folks today and they seemed optimistic about the progress.

I believe most of the "bioluminescent" plants are inside the show building. And the glowy walkways along the nature trails have already been installed.

Now, I am not saying that it will open on Valentine's Day. Just that it is now being discussed internally as the beginning of the window of possibility.

I thought I would throw out here because it is the first legit ballpark date I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.