Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Landau is trying to sell that land to hard....especially with the statement that this is the only immersive world in any theme park. Cough cough Potter. As for the "floating" mountains, rock work doesn't do much for me, so having it above my head isn't really a selling object. As stated before with the glowing plants, hopefully they are durable because people are going to rip them up, touch etc and that maintenance won't be cheap. The positive I see, is now standby lines for Kilmanjaro should be shorter!

In all honesty though, the plant life is going to look weird during the daytime. I don't know if I like it. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Well it is an alien planet so I'm ok with that...The boat ride reminds me of the finale from the E.T. ride...Something tells me the animatronic is going to be the big ending they were talking about...

And also, I like how they are claiming no other park has a totally immersive experience when they have stated in every new gift shop since 2009 that it is totally immersive...Not to mention our boy wizard down the road...I hope this works for them

Well it is an alien planet so I'm ok with that...The boat ride reminds me of the finale from the E.T. ride...Something tells me the animatronic is going to be the big ending they were talking about...

And also, I like how they are claiming no other park has a totally immersive experience when they have stated in every new gift shop since 2009 that it is totally immersive...Not to mention our boy wizard down the road...I hope this works for them
Lol, I hope they realize that if they even have Coca-cola sodas in the land then they fail to be as immersive as WWoHPDA

Lol, I hope they realize that if they even have Coca-cola sodas in the land then they fail to be as immersive as WWoHPDA
Well, if they are allowed to sell Coke, that's on James Cameron. If you think Universal wouldn't love to sell it you're kidding yourself. It's J.K. that enforced no-soda (rightly as it's her IP).

Also, the only person claiming it to be the "most immersive" was Jon Landau, Avatar's co-producer. Everything needs to be looked at with a step taken back.

Reactions: SkiBum
It is very hard to get too enthusiastic about this but it is just a video and doesn't show anything too revealing (no, I'm not talking naked Navi). I have thought for a while that this land would be spectacular at night but that the daytime doesn't show the beauty. It is just too hard to say.

I actually want this land to be awesome and I want to go next fall and enjoy it. I just think that we haven't seen enough to really judge it. Animal Kingdom just wasn't a place where I would spend an entire day and this might change that. My oft-stated complaint is more, "And this cost roughly $1.0B why?"

Well, if they are allowed to sell Coke, that's on James Cameron. If you think Universal wouldn't love to sell it you're kidding yourself. It's J.K. that enforced no-soda (rightly as it's her IP).

Also, the only person claiming it to be the "most immersive" was Jon Landau, Avatar's co-producer. Everything needs to be looked at with a step taken back.
Ya, I get all that. I just thought it was a vital part of what makes DA as immersive as it is. It shows how difficult it is to match it.

Reactions: Nick
It is very hard to get too enthusiastic about this but it is just a video and doesn't show anything too revealing (no, I'm not talking naked Navi). I have thought for a while that this land would be spectacular at night but that the daytime doesn't show the beauty. It is just too hard to say.

I actually want this land to be awesome and I want to go next fall and enjoy it. I just think that we haven't seen enough to really judge it. Animal Kingdom just wasn't a place where I would spend an entire day and this might change that. My oft-stated complaint is more, "And this cost roughly $1.0B why?"

$0.9B spent on making fake trees look imperceptibly real.

Are you sure they will be? That was the assumption for Mission: Space and now that it's not hidden nor any attempt has been made it's not even questioned anymore. (It was at the time the ride opened - heavily.)

Yup. Solution sort of in line with what Simpson's does. The shield that will retract in between rides hasn't been installed in most of the pods from the video. One frame is lying on the ground, one has been installed with just the initial metal framework. Guests do not enter the space that the executives are standing in, they strictly will wind up in one of the bays on one of three levels.

I just can't wait to make screenz comments on all the posts when the rides open.

This again highlights how people just can't let this silly screen thing go. Or miss the point. AK is getting a very Universal-esque thrill simulator and a D-ticket POTC Shanghai boat ride, which incorporates projections heavily. This has been known for years. There is nothing perplexing or wrong about adding a simulator and a hybrid boat ride to a park that has neither.

Yup. Solution sort of in line with what Simpson's does. The shield that will retract in between rides hasn't been installed in most of the pods from the video. One frame is lying on the ground, one has been installed with just the initial metal framework. Guests do not enter the space that the executives are standing in, they strictly will wind up in one of the bays on one of three levels.

This again highlights how people just can't let this silly screen thing go. Or miss the point. AK is getting a very Universal-esque thrill simulator and a D-ticket POTC Shanghai boat ride, which incorporates projections heavily. This has been known for years. There is nothing perplexing or wrong about adding a simulator and a hybrid boat ride to a park that has neither.
I was being 100% sarcastic sorry.

Reactions: brianlo
Ehhh I see it a lot on Facebook. I am looking forward to Avatar even though I don't care much for the movie. Only bad thing is I know it will be Fast passed out ASAP and then 90+ minute waits otherwise.

Ehhh I see it a lot on Facebook. I am looking forward to Avatar even though I don't care much for the movie. Only bad thing is I know it will be Fast passed out ASAP and then 90+ minute waits otherwise.
Facebook and Orlando United are two completely different fan sets.

The boat ride looks GREAT. My most anticipated ride of 2017 probably. Any word on what the ride time on that should be?

But in the clip you can seen the SCREENZ with the animated avatar weresmurfs running around.

I have issues getting excited about Toy Story Mania Forest Edition On A Boat Without Guns.

But in the clip you can seen the SCREENZ with the animated avatar weresmurfs running around.

I have issues getting excited about Toy Story Mania Forest Edition On A Boat Without Guns.
So because it has screens, it's automatically Toy Story Mania "without guns" (and not to mention in a boat)?

Ludicrous. If you're being serious then I pity your theme park going experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.