Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it always hovers around 15-20 minutes on both Green and Orange, so yeah. Occasionally Orange will get up to about 45 or so, maybe 60 on a day like NYE, but it's very rare to wait long for M:S. The longest waiting you do is going through the pre-show rooms.

And ironically Body Wars was a 4 hour wait on NYE the year M:S before opened, with the same exact capacity as M:S.

I remember when the concept art came out, it looked almost unrealistic or impossible that Disney would be able to create something like this. I remember thinking to myself, this is too ambitious or the artists drawing these pieces got too creative. But from aerials, it looks like this is shaping up to be what they promised and more.

Now with construction almost completed, this looks like the view we'd have exiting the "Flights of Passage" attraction, kinda facing the entrance to discovery island.

From the aerials, you can see two swinging bridges. I saw them, not knowing they were in the concept art. Being able to walk over that water feature will be neat.

Last edited:
Something I'm really curious about is how these arches are going to look from the ground. Idk I'm really eager to see how that turns out even though its such a minor detail.

25989094300_57b4072488_o.jpg

PandoraAerial-01092017-8.jpg

You can see the two arches. With the second one being tiny. Will the illusion work?!

Last edited:
The management positions for the area are just being filled right now though - so this would be very early. I don't think there's staff to operate the ride already. I guess there could be the test/adjust team in place, but usually you'd hear about it existing even if you get zero details.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Bet it's tiered with RoL, Safari, Everest, and Pandora rides on one tier, rest on another.
If it's tiered, I highly doubt there will be that many tier ones (unless you can pick two). I'd wager either safari or Everest (likely Everest) and the boat ride will be tier two- in the same vein as ToT at DHS.
4 of the 5 must-ride rides as tier one would simply be too much.

Reactions: Jones14
From what I understand - that ride finished and tested without any tech issues at all, but dealt with some rider sickness issues so they had to keep tweaking to get it right.

The whole thing or just one theater? And is everything installed or just enough to have it functioning?

In what is somehow a surprise for Disney.. applicants are far less enthusiastic about learning Na'avi than anticipated. It's viewed as less of a fun way to be involved in the land and more as drudgery some are explicitly avoiding.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.