Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is "The Stage". It definitely lokks like drums will be involved.
Pandora_Aerial_Crop_Stage.jpg

Those look like the slide holes in Sinbad. Wonder what pops out of them?

Also, thinking of queues - both rides appear to have FP queues.

So do you think AK will adopt tiers? And you'll have to wait standby for at least one of the rides in the land?

And how will that play out with Safaris, Everest, and Rivers of Light?

Reactions: SkiBum

So do you think AK will adopt tiers? And you'll have to wait standby for at least one of the rides in the land?

Tiers for sure. No doubt. Otherwise everyone will just FP the two Pandora attractions and then Everest or the Kilimanjaro Safari for their third. The others will have empty FP queues.

Reactions: twebber55

This has been my question, too. I can't see them doing otherwise.

Otherwise everyone will just FP the two Pandora attractions and then Everest or the Kilimanjaro Safari for their third. The others will have empty FP queues

This is exactly what I would do. Actually, my third would probably be Dinosaur CTE or whatever it is called. I like Safari and Everest a great deal, too.

Reactions: WAJAS and Mad Dog
This has been my question, too. I can't see them doing otherwise.

This is exactly what I would do. Actually, my third would probably be Dinosaur CTE or whatever it is called. I like Safari and Everest a great deal, too.
I'd actually do Dinosaur for my third also, since that's my fav AK attraction, but I think I'm in the minority on that. That's why I mentioned the other two attractions (Everest & KJ).

Reactions: WAJAS
I doubt they'll introduce tiers. Epcot and Hollywood have a lack of worthwhile attractions to use FP on; that's why they exist in the first place. With a number of FP "worthy" attractions in Animal Kingdom already, I doubt that with the addition of two more (three with ROL) that they'd suddenly see a need for them.

I doubt they'll introduce tiers. Epcot and Hollywood have a lack of worthwhile attractions to use FP on; that's why they exist in the first place. With a number of FP "worthy" attractions in Animal Kingdom already, I doubt that with the addition of two more (three with ROL) that they'd suddenly see a need for them.

I would venture to say that they will tier Pandora initially, if not for always. They want us to spend time in the park (and money) and would not want us to be in/out after experiencing the new rides in the first couple hours of the day.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would venture to say that they will tier Pandora initially, if not for always. They want us to spend time in the park (and money) and would not want us to be in/out after experiencing the new rides in the first couple hours of the day.
It'd be a very small number of guests who would be interested in (and savvy enough) to be doing that, and besides, guests in that category would most likely know to get times for the evening, as that's when the "optimum" time to be in the land would be. Plus, it's not an Epcot situation where only three of the rides (max number of advance FP's) are worth waiting in a line for. Dinosaur, Everest, and the safari won't stop being appealing just because they're not the newest kids on the block.

Disney's concern seems to be more keeping guests at night, and with a land best seen at night and a nighttime show, I just don't see Disney changing the system in the park that already works best with the system as a whole.

The problem is that without tiers the same people are going to get Flight of Passage, Rober Thingy, and Other River Thingy as their three.

You can say Everest and Dino are FP lures but on a typical day Safari goes first.

As for a small number of savvy guests...

High end for FP per hour at an attraction is 80% of capacity. (Ok it's 90-100 on some days but they try to stop at 80).

We all say Frozen Ever After only does like 1000 per hour so the math is simple - 800 FP per hour.

12 hour operational day and you've got 9,600... which is about 1/3 of the total park population of Epcot on a given day that has booked their FP for Frozen several months in advance.

And there's still a lot of people annoyed they can't get FP for Frozen. You really think they won't book the two Pandora rides and Rivers of Light ?

As for a small number of savvy guests...

High end for FP per hour at an attraction is 80% of capacity. (Ok it's 90-100 on some days but they try to stop at 80).

We all say Frozen Ever After only does like 1000 per hour so the math is simple - 800 FP per hour.

12 hour operational day and you've got 9,600... which is about 1/3 of the total park population of Epcot on a given day that has booked their FP for Frozen several months in advance.

And there's still a lot of people annoyed they can't get FP for Frozen. You really think they won't book the two Pandora rides and Rivers of Light ?
I think RoL and the two Pandora rides will be the top tier to start off, but it will most likely change depending on how guests interact with the systems. Didn't Epcot's or DHS's tiers get changed around at the start?

Epcot's tier quickly realized no one cares about M:S.
Yeah, I actually believe Living with the Land replaced it. I think that was more or less to give guests something even halfway thrilling in the 2nd tier though (M:S) as Epcot's second tier was fairly blah (and still pretty much is) on day 1.

FP+ has really shown how weak of a park Epcot has turned into.

LwtL was in Tier 1 before M:S was removed.

There's just not demand for M:S.
Well it always hovers around 15-20 minutes on both Green and Orange, so yeah. Occasionally Orange will get up to about 45 or so, maybe 60 on a day like NYE, but it's very rare to wait long for M:S. The longest waiting you do is going through the pre-show rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.