Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is as good as dead everyone, might as well close the thread, put a nail in it, wave to it goodbye :wave:

^ Thanks for that. He doesn't seem annoyed with the question at all. Just a CEO sick of ALL the stupid petty questions. That said, opening in 2015 is a bit much unless it was only a Soarin type building. That is about all that could be accomplished in that time.

^ Thanks for that. He doesn't seem annoyed with the question at all. Just a CEO sick of ALL the stupid petty questions. That said, opening in 2015 is a bit much unless it was only a Soarin type building. That is about all that could be accomplished in that time.

According to a few people that were actually at the meeting, his body language/demeanor noticeably changed when Avatar was brought up.

Yeah I didn't get any real sense of anger from him. But man, I don't know how he keeps a straight face with some of those absurd and long winded questions.

Even that would be pushing it with no construction yet. Work would have to start by the end of the year, and it wouldn't likely open until Christmas 2015.

Hmm. I heard his response and I'm not sure we need to brace ourselves from the gloom and doom just yet. He mentioned that he was just in a meeting with Jay Rasulo last week where design concepts were being presented. Was that comment reported at all?

Hmm. I heard his response and I'm not sure we need to brace ourselves from the gloom and doom just yet. He mentioned that he was just in a meeting with Jay Rasulo last week where design concepts were being presented. Was that comment reported at all?

Yes.

The project isn't "dead" by definition. But it has slowed to a complete crawl, or a stop, depending on who you talk to. It has not been cancelled out right. But there are MAJOR issues holding it back. Nothing should be taken from what Iger said yesterday, according to sources. It was a non-committal response to a Q&A question.

Also, there's a possibility that Avatar won't end up in DAK. As someone put it yesterday "Avatar has a good a chance at ending up in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and DHS as it does in DAK right not. It's up in the air."

But Iger pulling a 2015 time frame from his butt and saying he saw concepts the other day is moot. Is it being worked on? Yes. But it's not an all systems go, let's get this done by 2015 situation. It's a "have a team fiddle around with it and let's see where it goes" situation.

Well, that could mean a bunch of things. Jay may have tossed some drawings on the table and said, "Not much, bunch of crap really, but we can't figure out what to do with this stupid project."

That would still be considered a meeting, right?

Yes.

The project isn't "dead" by definition. But it has slowed to a complete crawl, or a stop, depending on who you talk to. It has not been cancelled out right. But there are MAJOR issues holding it back. Nothing should be taken from what Iger said yesterday, according to sources. It was a non-committal response to a Q&A question.

Also, there's a possibility that Avatar won't end up in DAK. As someone put it yesterday "Avatar has a good a chance at ending up in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and DHS as it does in DAK right not. It's up in the air."

But Iger pulling a 2015 time frame from his butt and saying he saw concepts the other day is moot. Is it being worked on? Yes. But it's not an all systems go, let's get this done by 2015 situation. It's a "have a team fiddle around with it and let's see where it goes" situation.

Really, it would probably make more sense somewhere like Tomorrowland. Since it would make more sense for us as humans to be Avatars going into Pandora.

I guess. Just saying there's still a possibility we need not be so cynical.. except for the 2015 part. Unless they're planning on just having a Toruk spinner and a Neytiri & Her Forest Friends storytelling show.

Really, it would probably make more sense somewhere like Tomorrowland. Since it would make more sense for us as humans to be Avatars going into Pandora.

Oh please no. That's worse than it in DAK!:lol:

As much as I hate the "It's a random movie let's throw it into DHS!" mentality, I think DHS is the only place Avatar fits.

He sounded like he was carefully choosing his words in that response. When he said the word "exciting" he sounded depressed.

Oh please no. That's worse than it in DAK!:lol:

As much as I hate the "It's a random movie let's throw it into DHS!" mentality, I think DHS is the only place Avatar fits.

You're telling me that if they replaced Stich with Avatar, you'd be mad?

They could probably get away with giving the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set a Pandora theme. It would look awesome, at the very least.

You're telling me that if they replaced Stich with Avatar, you'd be mad?

Aside from them probably not wasting Avatar on a venue like that, it's kind of a mixed bag for me.

Yes, Stitch sucks...a lot. But I feel like a Disneyland-style park should include Disney owned properties, original rides, or properties that have transcended popular culture into the fabric of our society, like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. To me Avatar just doesn't feel right in the Magic Kingdom.

They could probably get away with giving the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set a Pandora theme. It would look awesome, at the very least.

I'd be okay with them getting rid of the Indiana Jones stunt show and building an E-ticket there.

I'd be okay with them getting rid of the Indiana Jones stunt show and building an E-ticket there.

It's funny that you suggest that, because later in the Q&A, Iger was asked why it makes sense to spend money on aquiring Avatar, when it would be more lucrative to expand Star Tours into an entire land.

It's funny that you suggest that, because later in the Q&A, Iger was asked why it makes sense to spend money on aquiring Avatar, when it would be more lucrative to expand Star Tours into an entire land.

Yea, and then he spouted some BS about box office receipts haha.

That's the best move for them by far, obviously. But if they HAVE to use Avatar, one E-ticket in DHS is preferable to a whole land in DAK, IMO.

That's the best move for them by far, obviously. But if they HAVE to use Avatar, one E-ticket in DHS is preferable to a whole land in DAK, IMO.

A ride is preferable to a whole land. DHS could use some love, even if it isn't as much as AK.

Box office receipts does not equal merchandise sales Mr. Iger. He is totally forgetting the reason why Cars and Potter have lands, they sell merch.

Status
Not open for further replies.