Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which really isn't saying much. What does it have to go up against? LMA? Boo. Indy? Old. Beauty and the Beast? :lol:

I mean, Disney's stage shows aren't really anything to write home about.

F.O.L.K. is a higher league than the typical theme-park stage show. It has vocalists, gymnasts, flying dancers, fire and sword dancing, stilts, and puppetry. Nemo is a good show, too, with similar elements. I mean, they are the two newest shows so the quality should have higher expectations. To say they aren't anything to write home about compared to other park shows? Bogus. But I guess they can't all be Sinbad :rofl:

F.O.L.K. is a higher league than the typical theme-park stage show. It has vocalists, gymnasts, flying dancers, fire and sword dancing, stilts, and puppetry. Nemo is a good show, too, with similar elements. I mean, they are the two newest shows so the quality should have higher expectations. To say they aren't anything to write home about compared to other park shows? Bogus. But I guess they can't all be Sinbad :rofl:

FOLTK and Nemo are good to great. I was commenting on the "#1 rated WDW show" part of your post. It's not like it has any competition.

It's Tough to Be A Bug, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Festival of the Lion King to add to that list. Still not a whole lot. A few more attractions (possibly from Avatar) could help keep DAK open later.

Bug could stay open, but it's queue comes very close to animal enclosures around the Tree of Life. Nemo and FLK wouldn't give later show times unless the park projections at later times were high, and they're not high because of a lack of ride count (anything, not necessarily Avatar, really would help) and the lack of a night show.

Agreed, and for everyone who complains about DAK being a half day park, look at the attendance, it closes EARLIER than DHS and still had more people visit it.

Once Avatar opens, this park has the potential to pull in that many more visitors.

What??? Some of you are switching over and have decided that Avatar is a good idea? A good idea for Animal Kingdom? I feel so alone and desolate now... trapped on the sea of infinity, the winds of mars, the suns of Anubis... :'(

FOLTK and Nemo are good to great. I was commenting on the "#1 rated WDW show" part of your post. It's not like it has any competition.

FOTLK and Nemo are GREAT. I even bought the soundtrack to the latter.

And if you consider Animal Kingdom a zoo, I'd love to know what zoo has a rollercoaster, a major dark ride, 4D show, water ride, safaris, and Broadway-style entertainment. Really.

FOTLK and Nemo are GREAT. I even bought the soundtrack to the latter.

And if you consider Animal Kingdom a zoo, I'd love to know what zoo has a rollercoaster, a major dark ride, 4D show, water ride, safaris, and Broadway-style entertainment. Really.
OK, it is half a zoo and the selling point of the park is animals.

What??? Some of you are switching over and have decided that Avatar is a good idea? A good idea for Animal Kingdom? I feel so alone and desolate now... trapped on the sea of infinity, the winds of mars, the suns of Anubis... :'(

Well if it's coming, might as well make the best of it and appreciate the "Pros".

I'm with you. But if it gets the Carsland treatment, I can live with it. I don't think it WILL get that treatment...but that's another story.

Also, Iger may be on his way out sooner than expected. If that happens, all bets are off with this land.

Okay. "Glorified zoo"

Well if it's coming, might as well make the best of it and appreciate the "Pros".

That's about all I could try to do.

I'm with you. But if it gets the Carsland treatment, I can live with it. I don't think it WILL get that treatment...but that's another story.

Also, Iger may be on his way out sooner than expected. If that happens, all bets are off with this land.

Idk. I mean Iger came out and said he'd fix DCA, and so far it seems he did a pretty good job at it. I know you don't like the choices he made a long the way, but the end product seems to be of quality. And that's really all we can ask for as fans. Everyone won't like everything, but it at least has to be done right.

Big, big, big, big difference between Avatar and DCA.

DCA was a black mark on WDI and Disneyland that EVERYONE in the company had their heart set on fixing. On top of that, the designers had John Lasseter over their shoulders not allowing them to mess up his baby.

Avatar will have very little of that. WDI, from what I understand, is not keen on the idea. Lasseter won't be involved very much, if at all, and I'd imagine Cameron will be too deep in Avatar 2/3 and diving to the bottom of the ocean to pay all that much attention to it. I just don't see it turning out all that amazing.

DCA was a very, very special case. As much as I've soured on him overall, without John Lasseter that project would have turned out very, very differently.

To be honest, DAK and DHS moreso are both in the same situation as DCA was before this recent refurbishment. I honestly think that is a fuller day park than either of these, and that is sad.

The reason why DAK and DHS aren't given that same level of attention is since MK and Epcot are on site and all of the weekly ticket and vacation people buy, they come anyways so why bother.

Avater is needed without a doubt as just SOMETHING to go in DAK, and DHS desperetly needs the Monster Inc coaster, and the Star Wars Land area as well, not to mention something more around LMA.

The Monsters INC coaster is the last thing DHS needs. Low capacity attraction that honestly wasn't all that interesting of a concept, IMO. There are many, many more things I'd rather see come to DHS than that.

The Monsters INC coaster is the last thing DHS needs. Low capacity attraction that honestly wasn't all that interesting of a concept, IMO. There are many, many more things I'd rather see come to DHS than that.

Monsters is probably the worst attraction I have ever seen at any Disney park. It is so boring and uninteresting.

No me gusta.

Yup. If that is indeed what they're planning on doing, they should really just scrap it and go for another concept.

And ReelJustice and I think the art is "odd" because Lion King is still in its same position rather than being moved.

Monsters is probably the worst attraction I have ever seen at any Disney park. It is so boring and uninteresting.

Well, this was going to be a small coaster we haven't seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.