Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. Let's see how this plays out. If this is for real, then I hope Disney does as great work here as they did with Carsland at DCA.

Lee, on WDWMagic, has recently stated that Avatar would be replacing CMM and Festival of the Lion King would be relocated.

I believe he means this area: http://goo.gl/maps/Eev8

It has long been logical.

Indeed, that area. I believe it's only currently used for parking for Rainforest Cafe employees.

Lee, on WDWMagic, has recently stated that Avatar would be replacing CMM and Festival of the Lion King would be relocated.

Well, so did I. :lol:

I'd assume the characters currently at CMM will be relocated to Planet Watch, but who knows.

Not necessarily. They either could be scattered around the park like they are at MK, or the Character Spot in Discovery Island could be used for the big characters rather than Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger.

That'd make a lot of sense. The only real other option would be by Conservation Way, and I have a feeling that is used for the animals.

Yes and no.

Nothing new but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Meg Crofton mentioned today at the AoA opening ceremony that Avatar is still coming to AK.

Nothing new but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Meg Crofton mentioned today at the AoA opening ceremony that Avatar is still coming to AK.

Her word was "planning." I guess the social media crew sent out a memo that it's to be mentioned at every press event after Iger ignored it at the Shareholder meeting. I have to admit though that I'm starting to fear that this may actually happen.

I dunno. I think this could turn out to be incredible. Avatar's plot was hardly unique, but the visuals were stunning, and frankly, that's the more important element for a theme park attraction. Story they can skimp on a little.

I dunno. I think this could turn out to be incredible. Avatar's plot was hardly unique, but the visuals were stunning, and frankly, that's the more important element for a theme park attraction. Story they can skimp on a little.

I agree 100%. Pandora is a highly engrossing world and the film could lend to some very innovative attractions. I'm all for this IF they can pull it together. DAK could use a big break like Avatar to, say, seize the moment and fix Everest.

Now that carsland is done, I'm excited to see what they do with Avatar. Carsland has proved to everyone once again that they are the best at creating immersive environments. But if they are gonna go ahead with Avatarland, they have to go big.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristopherSE
Lmao. That is AWESOME. And, if Star Wars is any indication, probably a good idea of what we'll be seeing around the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.