Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They were never "pushing" them, just showcasing merch to be sold on opening day.

And no idea how well they're doing, but I imagine not that good.
Briefly they ran out of the translation card packs, but always had plenty of translators in stock. I saw maybe one kid with a translator in all the time I've been in the land... It's possible guests realized the card packs were as useful without the unit as with -or- they ran out due to a couple Ebay'ers buying all the stock in that first week. Either way, not their biggest seller by far, no.

It hasn't. Just re-arranged how folks tour the resort.
Which means, while Pandora may not be drawing people to WDW specifically to see the land, it will help the park on the long haul, which is what it needed.

Some people will never get over the lack of drawing power or merch options Pandora has brought compared to Potter, but really, what compares?

Even Star Wars doesn't have the massive F&B options that Potter does though.
Nothing that is specifically mentioned in the source material, but with the numbers they'll bring in when it opens, they could offer nothing but Diet Coke in a plain white paper cup and sell out.

Obvious exaggeration, but I'm sure they'll come up with some stuff like they did for Pandora. It seems to be working well over there.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Disney are going to sell hundreds of thousands of lightsabers once this opens. They'll have a trick or 2 up their sleeves that changes the game and everyone who already has one will need a new one.

Nintendo has a similar amount of untapped merch that Potter had. That's the closest right now.

But anyway

:topic:
Ooopps, forgot about Nintendo.

I don't really care whether an IP land has Merch/F&B potential, per se. As long as it's immersive. If the source material isn't pre-loaded with these opportunities forcing it is the exact opposite of immersive.

Reactions: Jones14
Disney are going to sell hundreds of thousands of lightsabers once this opens. They'll have a trick or 2 up their sleeves that changes the game and everyone who already has one will need a new one.

I sure hope so. Because so far I don't see how SWL can match Potter in merch, mostly because SW merch is already prevalent

I sure hope so. Because so far I don't see how SWL can match Potter in merch, mostly because SW merch is already prevalent

Rumours a year back about a drone/laser patent. I expect something out of the box here...light up lightsabers aren't going to cut it.

I'm pretty sure the patent showed guests with lightsaber looking items, batting away lasers fired by a drone. I saw it on here...