Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will be shocked if they all get assembled and released. I have little confidence in this franchise.

The “story” will be told but the sequels will probably be boiled down to just two or something.

Plus Cameron is already on the “true sequel to T2, I swear this time!” train now.

Reactions: Disneyhead
The “story” will be told but the sequels will probably be boiled down to just two or something.

Plus Cameron is already on the “true sequel to T2, I swear this time!” train now.
Never believe anything Cameron says until it happens. It took 8 years to just get to the beginning of Production for Avatar 2.

Until I see the wheels moving on Terminator, I'm just going to assume it's either 5 years away or not happening.

Going to Food and Wine at Epcot October 14 and was planning on starting the day at Animal Kingdom and checking out Pandora. Is there still a line just to get into the land? Or have things finally calmed down?

I visited Pandora for the first time yesterday. Park opening was 9 AM, I arrived at 7:55 AM. They let us into the park around 8:30 AM and held us at the bridge until 9 AM. I was third closest to the rope on the right side.

Walked onto Flight of Passage, then waited 5 minutes for Na’vi. Ended up being done with Avatar at 9:30. By then, the wait for Flight of Passage was 120 min, and Na’vi 45 min. I went about the rest of the park and had everything else done at 11 AM - by then FoP was at 190 min and Na’vi 60 min. Rewarded myself with some Bao Buns, Lumpias, and a Frozen Strawberry Boba Margarita; all of which was beyond expectations for theme park cuisine.

Some thoughts after my visit:

-Pandora is a very nice looking extension of DAK...except it lacks the soul of the rest of the park. The rock work is cool, but the land itself feels dead. No animals like everywhere else. No live shows like Potter. No characters interacting with guests. It's just...there.

-The food is the best part of the land. Satuli is very good, and a nice change of pace from normal theme park food. The blue dessert is incredible. Green beer is solid.

-Flight of Passage is...fine. It's a good ride. I could put it up to "really good" once it's not an absolute pain to get on. The 3D is great as is the water/wind effects. But it is so dull. The ride is Soarin' with no emotional attachment. Everything after the cave is fun, but the rest is not, and unless you're well versed in Avatar lore (lol) it's all nonsense.

That being said, the preshow is a master stroke of unintentional comedy

Overall, the land is fine. It doesn't fit in DAK, and strains itself hilariously to try and justify itself, but it's nice and will be more fun when it's not the brand new thing everyone wants to do

Some thoughts after my visit:

-Pandora is a very nice looking extension of DAK...except it lacks the soul of the rest of the park. The rock work is cool, but the land itself feels dead. No animals like everywhere else. No live shows like Potter. No characters interacting with guests. It's just...there.

-The food is the best part of the land. Satuli is very good, and a nice change of pace from normal theme park food. The blue dessert is incredible. Green beer is solid.

-Flight of Passage is...fine. It's a good ride. I could put it up to "really good" once it's not an absolute pain to get on. The 3D is great as is the water/wind effects. But it is so dull. The ride is Soarin' with no emotional attachment. Everything after the cave is fun, but the rest is not, and unless you're well versed in Avatar lore (lol) it's all nonsense.

That being said, the preshow is a master stroke of unintentional comedy

Overall, the land is fine. It doesn't fit in DAK, and strains itself hilariously to try and justify itself, but it's nice and will be more fun when it's not the brand new thing everyone wants to do
appreciate the input
at least you were open minded about the land and gave it a try....

It's not a bad land by any stretch of the imagination. But compared to what Uni did/will do with Potter and Nintendo and what Disney will do with Star Wars, it feels lacking.

Question 1: Do you think that it is missing a third anchor ride or just the land itself?

Question2: On Flight of Passage, do they use the fourth theater to handle FP+ guests and the other three for standby (like Soarin')?

Question 1: Do you think that it is missing a third anchor ride or just the land itself?

Question2: On Flight of Passage, do they use the fourth theater to handle FP+ guests and the other three for standby (like Soarin')?

The way it loads, FoP seems to use the lower level mostly for FP+ guests because their line leads to it.

So 1/3 of the capacity or so. The way it seems to work is that both the up ramp (levels 2 and 3) and down ramp (level 1) have 2 lines and 2 groupers putting guests into groups for the preshows. Essentially the lanes on the far walls of the ramp up or down.

The grouper for chambers A and B pull from the left line whereas the groupers for C and D pull from the right line.

On the 2/3 level, it's moving twice as fast because they're loading A2, A3 together as the lower level just loads A1, then B2 and B3 open and wait or immediately load depending on the speed of the grouper and line, B1 doing so down below as well. C/D are doing the same - each preshow opening as various timing delays and such move them around a bit, but they seem to stick to one ramp line per A/B/C/D theater.

The groupers will move people around in these lines to set things up so people just walk in order into the preshow, but I've also seen them put people in orer in the adjacent lane as prep as well as dividing them off into A or B if both open at the same time by sort of winging it to fill the spots. Party of 2 go in A1, party of 3 into A2, etc..

The pulse/merge positions (could be grouper - all these names I'm just generally assigning based on other attractions) are sending people in groups to backfill these lanes. They can obviously put anyone from standby or FP into any given lane - it's only 5-10mins max from that point before you're in a preshow.

They probably keep an eye on FP and will hold standby as needed, but typically it seems Level 1 caters to FP while the standby line keeps moving by using Level 2 and 3.

Reactions: SkiBum
No live shows like Potter.
The drum circle show is so high energy and interactive. The way the music pulsates through the entire valley gives it life and emotion. And how you hear the conch horn from behind the mountains call out to the stage really makes it feel like a real place. The way they have the animal calls respond to each other from across the valley is insanely clever, and I love how you can hear the sounds of Navi on horseback actually move through the forest with spaced out speakers at night. It feels very lived in to me. I think the 4 sculpted creatures in the water (there's a crab eating a flower or something in there) and the biolumiscent fish swimming around give it a sense of life. But agree to disagree.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I'm planning on going this Saturday but have been unable to get a FP for either ride. However, we are staying on-site and Animal Kingdom has extra magic hours from 8-9 am on Saturday. Will the lines be more manageable or can I expect to see every person staying on-site to be there as well?

I'm planning on going this Saturday but have been unable to get a FP for either ride. However, we are staying on-site and Animal Kingdom has extra magic hours from 8-9 am on Saturday. Will the lines be more manageable or can I expect to see every person staying on-site to be there as well?

It's still going to be nuts. If you really want to ride and not ruin your day I'd recommend getting there at like 7:30