Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I totally get and can respect the view that the land feels far too hollow. It's pretty, FoP is a great ride that takes forever to get on even if there's no wait, but there's little to nothing going on around you in the land to keep you entertained or to make you want to stay or come back for anything but the food or FoP.

The land itself just feels dead in a way that Potter doesn't. It's hard to describe.

I totally get and can respect the view that the land feels far too hollow. It's pretty, FoP is a great ride that takes forever to get on even if there's no wait, but there's little to nothing going on around you in the land to keep you entertained or to make you want to stay or come back for anything but the food or FoP.

The land itself just feels dead in a way that Potter doesn't. It's hard to describe.

The idea of "animal sounds in bushes" fails as a storytelling device. They've tried it before - or rather, variants of it. It doesn't make an area feel alive. The Land pavilion tried ambient natural sounds in 2005 and quickly scrapped it. Living Seas had it 1986 as part of the Caribbean Coral Reef Ride.

There's no music playing in the area. It needs music.

Only thing that I disliked about Pandora was that the first thing I saw was tourists jerking off a giant plant...

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Nico and Scott W.
when people say a land is hollow thats code for boring which is certainly their opinion. i didnt love everything about the land, like the nighttime was pretty disappointing. However the land is gorgeous and unique with the animal sounds really bringing the land a different element that you dont see in other parks.

According to Touring Plans FOP is the number 1 rated attraction in America either in Disney or Universal so they must of done something right. Im not sure i would say that more so i would call it the best simulator for sure

As far as shows i just could care less about any side walk show they do very little for me or my teen age kids. We enjoy the rides, the food and bev, and the overall immersive feel of the land itself

I'm going to Pandora in January. So ill be sure to weigh in then. That being said, everyone I personally know that has no theme park agenda, or bias, absolutely loved the ride.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
FoP, emotionally, is something I've never experienced. Not a tech beast but overall experience I came out beaming for an hour

BTW don't rule out roaming animals by 2020...

No **** it's my opinion :thumbsup:
Just saying to say Everest is a better ride is laughable. It's a really good coaster, but without the Yeti working, it's sort of just a really nicely themed coaster.

I can understand saying Kilimanjaro from a certain perspective and it is certainly a grand attraction, but when I get off of Safaris, I normally say something like "that was cool, ____ animal was really active today". When I come off of FoP my reaction is just "Wow" in the best way.

Just saying to say Everest is a better ride is laughable. It's a really good coaster, but without the Yeti working, it's sort of just a really nicely themed coaster.

I can understand saying Kilimanjaro from a certain perspective and it is certainly a grand attraction, but when I get off of Safaris, I normally say something like "that was cool, ____ animal was really active today". When I come off of FoP my reaction is just "Wow" in the best way.

Cool. When I got off FoP my reaction was "Okay, so Motorbike Soarin with a funnier preshow." Everest IS a really good coaster, which is way more enjoyable to me than Soarin' 2.0.

I really don't get the "wow factor", but again, that's just me. The 3D is gorgeous, but the movie itself is mostly dull, and it's not thrilling enough to really blow me away. It's a good ride. I'll be glad it exists when it doesn't have 3 hour lines. But it doesn't blow me away like my first rides on Spidey or Forbidden Journey or Pooh's Hunny Hunt did.

Reactions: Joel and Nick