Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, the lines for that seat will be HUGE. Shanghai guests on the whole are smaller than the average American. MK's guests, on the other hand, are on the very very very healthy side.

Yeah, so instead of it being like avatar where they get to the front and are told they can't ride, they are told to go get in line for the back seat. So after a 2 hour wait, you are told to do another 2 hour wait.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, so instead of it being like avatar where they get to the front and are told they can't ride, they are told to go get in line for the back seat. So after a 2 hour wait, you are told to do another 2 hour wait.
Like the front row for a regional park coaster. Line 10 times the other rows.

Reactions: fryoj
Funnily enough, I don't remember a test seat for the Tron coaster anywhere in Shanghai.

Is the rest if AK dead now due to Pandora?
No, almost all AK stand by lines are longer than they were last summer when Pandora first opened. (Of course some of that is due to Disney cutting staffing and RV's running to accommodate the day's projected attendance. Lines are long every day at every park. Nearly every day shows level 7, 8, 9, or 10 on Touring Plans crowd calendar now. TP says they will be updating their crowd calendars again to account for the longer lines)

Reactions: tankart150
I believe they are still only running 2 theaters at a time because of overheating.

Capacity is still an issue.

Today's FOP posted stand by times: 9:45 AM: 240 minutes.....10:50 AM: 210 minutes

This means nothing. Wait times are reported with inflated numbers to divert guests to other attractions. Friend last week got into the 240 minute line and was on the ride in 45 minutes (including a theater going down).

Reactions: tankart150
The lines around the rest of the park are way longer. Pandora is a draw but guests are balking on the wait times for Flight of Passage and not actually riding it. Instead they snap their pics of the land, consider riding the River Journey (if they haven't heard it's not worth more than a 20-minute wait) and keep moving on to the other rides.

The ride is currently running at Peter Pan-like capacity. Pandora is the ultimate bait and switch right now. :lol:

Reactions: jtsalien
Capacity is still an issue.

This means nothing. Wait times are reported with inflated numbers to divert guests to other attractions. Friend last week got into the 240 minute line and was on the ride in 45 minutes (including a theater going down).
TP "reported by guests riding" waits have been in the same ballpark generally. Of course, there are exceptions at times.

Is the rest if AK dead now due to Pandora?

not from my experience, the only time the rest of the park was "dead" was in the morning (8-10am), when everyone was at Pandora. The early afternoon arrivals are greeting with long waits everywhere. When we were there the Safari line was 200 mins. and Everest 120 mins at noon. The only "ride" without a 60+ wait was It's Tough to be a Bug. As I said, even with Pandora, Animal Kingdom is starved for rides. In all the fairness, the river raft ride was closed that day.

If you can't go early, don't even go.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
I got a fast pass for it at Sunset on the 22nd of March. Will be dark when we come out. Got a Fat pass for a nighttime Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest ride.

I happened to check my plans I guess the day they extended AK hours and was abLe to switch it from the mid afternoon time I got at 60 days. They had times from 7PM Till 9:30PM listed even thought the park showed a 9:30 close. A second River of Light was added for 10pm. The week after looks like park hours go to 10pm. Those openings lasted for about a day. I have heard if you hit the line at closing, the posted wait if off because the FPs stop coming but during the rest of day, are fairly right on.

If I had kids that had to ride and no fast passes, I'd do Tusker House for Breakfast and time finishing up with rope drop and make a dash. We got done with Tusker House 3 years ago 15 minutes before rope drop and they just let's us wander around. I suppose this is still the case.

Last edited:
There's been rumors of expansion, although i'm not sure if it would be that fast. They are looking at other things for around that timeline at DAK.
I can see a new show to replace Rivers of Light (since it hasn't performed as well as they hoped,) but not a new attraction. Perhaps a new show based on the new "live-action" Lion King that utilizes the water screens and effects. Something they can say is for the 50th, without having to spend too much since the park is successful already after Pandora opening.