Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They do. But I don't think they're proactive about making people test it out before they enter the line. Like every test seat, it's usually being used as a photo op or as a mini-playground for kids.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They do. But I don't think they're proactive about making people test it out before they enter the line. Like every test seat, it's usually being used as a photo op or as a mini-playground for kids.
And a lot of people just refuse to believe they won't fit on a ride. Disney rides were accommodating to larger people for so long, some are having difficulty accepting there's some Disney rides they just won't be able to ride. This is the new Disney. So many of their new rides are Universal sized.

And a lot of people just refuse to believe they won't fit on a ride. Disney rides were accommodating to larger people for so long, some are having difficulty accepting there's some Disney rides they just won't be able to ride. This is the new Disney. So many of their new rides are Universal sized.
And honestly, I have no problem with that. It's ride ops that needs to find a better way to deal with it.

If it means installing multiple test seats and having CMs at every "checkpoint" make sure to mention that "the ride vehicles do not accommodate all body sizes" but let them know that there's a test seat they can try out just to make sure that they are running rides more efficiently, then do it.

Honestly, the seats are pretty similar to FoP. This is probably the best training for it.
That was my point though.

Tron is another low capacity ride and a slow loader (albeit it does have dual side loading, at least). It also has regular coaster seating in the back for those that can't fit in the motorbike seats and a single rider line to ensure that trains are going out at full capacity.

Reactions: UNIrd
So, on a typical midweek day with no early EMH at Animal Kingdom, what is the latest a person should arrive at the park entrance in order to be at the front(ish) of the crowd heading into Pandora?

I'm not visiting until October, but it never hurts to have this information early!

I have seen Cast Members announce to people entering to test the seats at the entrance. Not specifically calling people out or pulling them aside, but definitely helping to draw their attention to it when they look like they’re not going to fit.

I think Nick is right, more test seats throughout the queue may prove useful. Plus, gives you something to do while waiting! The transition between caves and bioluminesence rooms would be a good spot. The room with the water fountains and bottle filll station.

Reactions: Nick
I can see it now: “Whoa! Hey you there better attempt our test seats first... and, good luck to you...” *distainful shaking of head*
Universal actually does this. There's positions in certain queue lines (mostly for coasters and FJ) specifically to eyeball and stop anyone who you think may not fit in the seat. Your job then is to have them test it out just to make sure it's a yes or a no.

It's all very awkward and I can see why Disney doesn't want to go down that rabbit hole, but if you're going to install an unaccommodating RV for your marquee attraction, you have to be willing to deal with the awkwardness.

Reactions: Alicia
So, on a typical midweek day with no early EMH at Animal Kingdom, what is the latest a person should arrive at the park entrance in order to be at the front(ish) of the crowd heading into Pandora?

I'm not visiting until October, but it never hurts to have this information early!
The shortest lines are still around 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM according to TP , and they're pretty long too. Morning is actually the worst since everyone rushes to get in. You can go real early, but what the heck, standing outside the park counts as waiting too. Ride theaters keep breaking down, so you're rolling the dice if you don't go fastpass. I'm staying away from the park myself. The only way to beat the system is to play games with booking & cancelling on site rooms or constantly standing in the park refreshing your Disney App to hope to get a vacant fastpass....Not for me at all. I'll wait a few years.

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia
Sure, and no mention of the operational issues that are causing this. This is basically Gringotts' first few months but now spread over 10.
again we can only go by what the facts are
we dont know how things are operationally
what we do know is this ride has been well received and DAK and WDW has set record attendance because of it so to be blase about it would be somewhat wrong, and the ride has a ridiculously long wait everyday where other rides have slowed

The shortest lines are still around 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM according to TP , and they're pretty long too. Morning is actually the worst since everyone rushes to get in. You can go real early, but what the heck, standing outside the park counts as waiting too. Ride theaters keep breaking down, so you're rolling the dice if you don't go fastpass. I'm staying away from the park myself. The only way to beat the system is to play games with booking & cancelling on site rooms or constantly standing in the park refreshing your Disney App to hope to get a vacant fastpass....Not for me at all. I'll wait a few years.

That... is not an optimistic appraisal!

I don't want to derail the thread into trip planning stuff, but it sounds like I'll have some difficult decisions to make, as I won't be staying on property, and this will almost certainly be my last trip until 2021.

I don't want to derail the thread into trip planning stuff, but it sounds like I'll have some difficult decisions to make, as I won't be staying on property, and this will almost certainly be my last trip until 2021.
Yeah. I'm going to Universal in May. I was originally going to do a day at AK, but I've been studying the graphs everyday on TP, and there's really no tendencies where there's a guaranteed low or even medium wait time, that you can trust on a daily basis. One of the posters here was nice enough to privately give me a tip whereby you can do a Disney on site hotel scam, but I don't want to go through all the hassles of bookings and cancellations that give you a window beyond the 60 day fastpass window. One simulator ride, even though it's considered very good, just doesn't matter to me that much. I don't need aggravation when I'm on vacation so I'm just going to skip Pandora until some year when they straighten out the long line situation. I just refuse to waste my valuable vacation time in long stand by lines, in any park.

I don't want to derail the thread into trip planning stuff, but it sounds like I'll have some difficult decisions to make, as I won't be staying on property, and this will almost certainly be my last trip until 2021.[/QUOTE

I would recommend getting to the park at least 45-60 mins before opening. Do not go on an “early magic hour “ day, as people line up even earlier, and you won’t be able to enter the park if you aren’t staying on property. The line is typically 90 mins at park opening, and usually 200 minutes by 10am.

Reactions: belloq87