Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

Chapek: "Paradise Pier will become Pixar Pier!"

Fans: "uhh... why?"

Chapek:
giphy.gif

...well having DCA as a good theme park was a nice five years.
And even worse, DCA is out of expansion plots for the most part... Only Bug's land/behind GotG and the Hollywood Studios section are left as areas to be redeveloped really.

I do assume if they absolutely need it, that places along the Pier could be expanded for another major ride eventually. Take Goofy's Sky School out for instance and there could be some rooms for a decent ride. But they're ruining the Pier right now as it is so who cares.

And even worse, DCA is out of expansion plots for the most part... Only Bug's land/behind GotG and the Hollywood Studios section are left as areas to be redeveloped really.

I do assume if they absolutely need it, that places along the Pier could be expanded for another major ride eventually. Take Goofy's Sky School out for instance and there could be some rooms for a decent ride. But they're ruining the Pier right now as it is so who cares.
Reading about this on a number of sites, this appears to be the most unpopular redo/expansion in many a year. Haven't read more than a couple of posts, anywhere, that like this idea.

Reading about this on a number of sites, this appears to be the most unpopular redo/expansion in many a year. Haven't read more than a couple of posts, anywhere, that like this idea.

I think Tower had a much more negative reaction. People are just numb to it by now. It's an abusive relationship.

We'll that's your opinion. Tower had plenty of fans.
I'm not saying it didn't, but without the fifth dimension scene, the ride simply wasn't as special as it should've been. Now shoehorning in the IP rather than a new build isn't my preferred option, but I always thought that DCAs Tower was lacking. I thoroughly enjoyed MB when I rode it a few weeks ago (did 3 of the 6 ride profiles)