Placement of Wizarding World Of Harry Potter? | Inside Universal Forums

Placement of Wizarding World Of Harry Potter?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BernardMesa

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2013
California
Maybe this has been discussed in the past, but any one have any ideas of where Wizarding World will be? I mean I heard rumors about the Gibson Amphtheater being replaced by it but I have no clue haha

Gibson and the surrounding area is all but confirmed at this point. The real guess is where Potter ends - specifically the area near Curious George and Shrek.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Edit: I think Chris may have a graphic that shows what I mean. Maybe he can chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! And until I heard about the Gibson possibly being replaced, I was thinking of T23D being replaced by the castle since people could see on the cliff from the highway

We've always been under the illusion that anything over that parking lot needs to be light enough as to not cause any damage. Terminator, for years, has apparently strained the structure - and Coke Soak didn't help either.

If Harry Potter does make its way there, I'd be very surprised.

View attachment 7

So this is what I've been hearing. Gibson is almost a sure thing, while Shrek and Curious George are both still up in the air. I think Curious George will be demolished, but I'm not exactly sure about Shrek.

I think Shrek has more than outlasted it's stay. I may sound like a broken record, but Shrek would've been an AMAZING dark ride if done on the scale of Singapore's Madagascar ride!

Jon, side note, whataya think we're getting besides Forbidden Journey? Lotsa rumors point to us getting Flight of the Hippogriff too. Think we'll get anything else?

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 10.11.08 PM copy.png
So this is what I've been hearing. Gibson is almost a sure thing, while Shrek and Curious George are both still up in the air. I think Curious George will be demolished, but I'm not exactly sure about Shrek.
With the Gibson not being there, are they maybe going to make a new theater for big artists to perform? Because they have the kids choice awards and the do something awards there and I would assume they make a nice profit from them.

I have also heard the Hippogriff roller coaster is something they are trying hard to make a reality.  Hopefully it does not make it to the chopping block.  Although its only a kids coaster.

I am looking forward to see if Universal will build a new Amphitheater.  I would like to see it across from the USH Globe on the Bus/Preferred parking lot.

I'll post this here since we don't have another Potter thread. Other sites, especially Jim Hill Media and Mice Chat and a bunch of others seem to believe a rumor that we're getting a larger Hogwarts Castle and we're getting a full scale Great Hall dining restaurant, unique to us. Do you guys see this happening? i simply don't because i just don't see us having the room! The Great Hall would probably take up as much space as the current T2 building!!!

Reactions: BernardMesa
I think it will happen, they have to make this unique.  You figure the amphitheater, curious george, waterworld and possibly shrek.  Thats quite a bit of land with the report saying you could access the restaraunt from citywalk as well.  I think this would be a great idea and addition to the park.

Universal was cheap. King Kong 360 was expensive, followed by $60 million for Transformers, then a year later Despicable Me. They are spending some cash!  Disneyland is getting ready to redo Tomorrowland plus add another land to the park followed by adding a 3rd gate.  This is Universals chance to really combat Disney.  I've got a lot of faith in Universal Creative and Comcast to continue the push and make WWOHP a great success by spending the money to turn this into a must see!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I heard, the one in Hollywood is supposed to have an equal experience as the one in Orlando. But I was told that it will as exciting as the one in Florida. But I asked them if the park is going to have the dining hall, and a Guest Relation representative told me that there are no plans to add the dining hall at this point. So we might have it. But i agree with Adriana.

...and they very well may not add it and it may be the exact same thing as IOA minus Dragon Challenge, but I still think that the Great dining hall will make it, because of the money that it would bring in, as long as you can enter the restaruant from inside the park and if you are just visiting Citywalk but want some of the expeirence you can go have lunch or dinner there. WWHOP in Hollywood has to have something unique about it.  What that is???? No Idea.

Universal was cheap. King Kong 360 was expensive, followed by $60 million for Transformers, then a year later Despicable Me. They are spending some cash!  Disneyland is getting ready to redo Tomorrowland plus add another land to the park followed by adding a 3rd gate.  This is Universals chance to really combat Disney.  I've got a lot of faith in Universal Creative and Comcast to continue the push and make WWOHP a great success by spending the money to turn this into a must see!!!
Yeah But look at Simpson's and the facade for Transformers. I as well will believe it when I see it.

Honestly, I WISH it was true. I really do. But I just don't see us having enough room, and i'd rather they not remove WaterWorld for Potter, they should use that for future expansion that doesn't have to do with Potter. Also, I'm on the fence, i don't know what I'd rather have, the Great Hall, or Flight of the Hypogriff. Ideally both would be nice. I'll believe it when I see it or hear it announced. Yes, Comcast/Universal are spending more money, and yes they know Potter is a cash cow, and yes they have to compete with future Disney expansion, but i sincerely don't think we have enough room.

The other thing is, even if we have enough room to add a huge Great Hall, and as much as I love Potter, it'll feel very weird to me that such a huge percentage of USH will be Wizarding World.

Yeah But look at Simpson's and the facade for Transformers. I as well will believe it when I see it.
But remember Comcast came in 2011 Simpsons was built in 2008 during the GE era. Transformers facade is unattractive, but I think easy to overlook when it comes to the quality of the attraction itself.

Honestly, I WISH it was true. I really do. But I just don't see us having enough room, and i'd rather they not remove WaterWorld for Potter, they should use that for future expansion that doesn't have to do with Potter. Also, I'm on the fence, i don't know what I'd rather have, the Great Hall, or Flight of the Hypogriff. Ideally both would be nice. I'll believe it when I see it or hear it announced. Yes, Comcast/Universal are spending more money, and yes they know Potter is a cash cow, and yes they have to compete with future Disney expansion, but i sincerely don't think we have enough room.The other thing is, even if we have enough room to add a huge Great Hall, and as much as I love Potter, it'll feel very weird to me that such a huge percentage of USH will be Wizarding World.
As great of a show as WaterWorld is, Potter is going to bring in the crowds and more importantly the MONEY. Potter will have a giant foot print and I think really overshadow the rest of the park. From a fans perspective thats a bummer, but if Universal excutives think that Potter will bring in more money I believe they will tear out whatever they have to.